Yes and he most likely will.

#1742 NuckleheadFan

NuckleheadFan

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Didn't the Canucks feel since Jensen was doing well overseas, that for his development, would be better for him to stay there this year and play a lot of minutes?

#1743 Kassian's Tooth

Kassian's Tooth

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:54 PM

btw Gaunce got 3 goals and an assist tonight... just sayin.

#1744 Kassian's Face

Kassian's Face

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:59 PM

Jensen will most likely play his 8 games here next year, but I don't know if he will be a wolf. He is like Naslund's little project from what I understand, and having that influence is better then playing on our current wolves team.

#1745 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Jensen's a man, he's 40!

Subbancopy.jpg

#1746 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,416 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

Jensen will most likely play his 8 games here next year, but I don't know if he will be a wolf. He is like Naslund's little project from what I understand, and having that influence is better then playing on our current wolves team.

There's no game limit for him next season and Naslund is GM of Modo not AIK.

If he's Naslunds project then the SEL is hella corrupt.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1747 Dazzle

Dazzle

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,947 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:10 AM

Well, a lot of us saw what he could do for Team Denmark at the WJC - he was bar none the best player on that team, which was why he was severely overplayed by his coach because they had absolutely no one else that could play like him.

It was both awesome but pretty sad too. He got a ridiculous amount of minutes (25+ at least).

I think he'll be a great addition for this team one day.
Posted Image --> THANKS EGATTI.

I have to say Dazzle's was the coolest. ROTFLOL

#1748 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:14 AM

Funny, I don't recall saying Kesler has an attitude problem...

Kelser has a big ego (and that's not necessarily a bad thing) and if Jensen comes here with an attitude Kesler would have none of it and straighten him out pretty quick.

ah okay, miss-read it then too used to canucks talk and not actual sane people in the prospects threads :)

#1749 Slegr

Slegr

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:20 AM

The Canucks line up is fine as is. Only if we hit some serious injuries should this be considered. Especially with Booth just about back.
"I knew we had a great team. I told everyone if we play as a group, we can win it all. Everyone laughed. Now we're laughing."
-Jiri Slegr

#1750 Bananas

Bananas

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

This about the only correct post I've ever read from someone on this site.

but that means yours would be false if only his were correct...

and if yours was false, his would be false too... which would mean... umm... :blink:
Hey CDC! Remember this!?

http://forum.canucks...in-this-change/

#1751 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

He won't be on the 2nd line anytime soon. Not this year or next.

Yes and he most likely will.

Care to put some reasoning to this?

Not that I have him as a lock to be on the team next year, but with the cap going down we may need to utilize his ELC. He's playing with/against men and grew up on NHL sized ice, so the transition shouldn't be that hard.

He's a top 6 forward - and we may have an opening next year with a potential Booth buy-out. Plus I don't see anyone else in the organization (AHL/Juniors/Europe) that I would say has more offensive skill than him - and anyone outside of it will likely cost more $$ (unless MG can acquire someone in a Lu trade).

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#1752 Gumballthechewy

Gumballthechewy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,905 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:54 AM

ah okay, miss-read it then too used to canucks talk and not actual sane people in the prospects threads :)

Ha ha! Yeah, I know what you mean. :P

And sorry for being a little snippy...

Edited by Gumballthechewy, 17 February 2013 - 11:56 AM.

Don't take anything I say seriously! EVER!

#1753 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:40 PM

Depending on his showing in the AHL this year, he could be playing on the third line next year with Raymon and Schroeder. That'd be a good line that can score and play in all three zones. Raymond and Schroeder can help out Jensen with d-zone work and Jensen has that same knack for taking the puck off the stick of an opposing player and flying back the other way that Schroeder has.

Edited by Hansen 36, 17 February 2013 - 01:42 PM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1754 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:29 AM

I've watched Jensen play a few games this season, and I did notice he likes to hang out in the neutral zone alot and wait for the puck. Kind of like Ovechkin used to do before he developed a better defensive game.

The guy clearly likes to score, which I have no problem with. He'll have to work on his defensive game just like every other prospect that comes into the NHL. But it's not like the coach has a very effective system, as shown by his team being one of the worst in the league.

But he was not the reason they were losing games. Without his offense the would have lost quite a few more games.

Willing to bet that AV or whoever our farm coach is next year will straighten that out soon enough. ;)
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#1755 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,218 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Care to put some reasoning to this?

Not that I have him as a lock to be on the team next year, but with the cap going down we may need to utilize his ELC. He's playing with/against men and grew up on NHL sized ice, so the transition shouldn't be that hard.

He's a top 6 forward - and we may have an opening next year with a potential Booth buy-out. Plus I don't see anyone else in the organization (AHL/Juniors/Europe) that I would say has more offensive skill than him - and anyone outside of it will likely cost more $$ (unless MG can acquire someone in a Lu trade).

We have to do what is best for his long term success.

Jensen should come over next year and atleast start in the AHL. He should get re-adjusted to the NA game and work on his defensive game more. Unless he is absolutely ripping the league apart, or unless he just comes in and plays so well that we can't keep him off the roster I would start him with the Wolves.

We need to take a careful approach to his development and follow the Detriot model so we get the best player we can out of him when we need it the most, we shouldn't need him next year anyways.

zackass.png

#1756 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Jensen was again the 13th forward for AIK today in their 5-2 loss to Skelleftea AIK. He had one shot on net and unfortunately managed to be -1 with only 4:53 of ice time.

Yep, just continue benching your leading goal scorer, AIK. That'll show him.

#1757 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

He should just head back now... what's the point in him staying there anymore, obviously the coach isn't a fan.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#1758 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

He might as well just go back to Oshawa, assuming he hasn't burned any bridges there. Right now the Generals have already clinched a playoff spot, I think junior playoffs would be better for him than another 2 weeks of playing under 5 minutes for one of the worst SEL teams.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1759 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,579 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Sounds like Jensen's game is perfectly suited for North America and not quite for the more skilled European rinks. Perfect, get him in the AHL and keep him there until he can earn a Canucks roster spot.

He might be able to replace Higgins as soon as next season if he doesn't get resigned. I'd love for him to forget about Europe, finish the AHL season here then maybe a full season in the AHL before jumping up to the Canucks. By then Kassian should be hitting his prime, Schroeder will be a lot more comfortable and Gaunce may even challenge for a roster spot.

if only that was a valid option.... it's NHL or CHL if he comes back from europe.

#1760 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

He might as well just go back to Oshawa, assuming he hasn't burned any bridges there. Right now the Generals have already clinched a playoff spot, I think junior playoffs would be better for him than another 2 weeks of playing under 5 minutes for one of the worst SEL teams.

oshawa doesn't want him either.

Looks like we got ourselves a problematic player....

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#1761 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,881 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

Well if Oshawa rejects his transfer, then can't we assign him to the Wolves?

BTW, what's your source for Oshawa not being interested in him?

2d7ye0p.jpg

#1762 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:12 PM

Well if Oshawa rejects his transfer, then can't we assign him to the Wolves?

BTW, what's your source for Oshawa not being interested in him?

hfboards.com. it was unbelievable at first, because it's stuff we never heard of. apparently some of his teammates were sick of him, and that he acted like he was better then everyone else. I really hope its not true, but but the track record is starting to match.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#1763 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,416 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Last one got us Kassian.

Subbancopy.jpg

#1764 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

hfboards.com. it was unbelievable at first, because it's stuff we never heard of. apparently some of his teammates were sick of him, and that he acted like he was better then everyone else. I really hope its not true, but but the track record is starting to match.

If you got this news from the Jensen thread in HF's prospects board, then take a look back a page or two. That guy was very biased against Jensen because he wanted him to stay in the OHL and thought that he fled to the SEL and I quote "won't be returning after he fleed home". Sure he perhaps may have been a bit of a primadonna but some Canadians are ridiculously biased against Europeans. If we haven't heard any official news about issues in Oshawa then we shouldn't be worrying.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#1765 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Naw, Jensen should just ride out the rest of the season in Sweden. Their season ends pretty soon anyway and there will be no playoffs for AIK.

I'm really hoping, since he's technically not a CHL player right now, that Jensen will be eligible to join the Wolves when he returns to North America. Or do all CHL rules still apply to Jensen as far as playing in the AHL?

#1766 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I can't see Oshawa not taking him. They've got a great team, but I don't see them beating Belleville or Barrie. And they're definitely not beating the Knights at this point.

Jensen is an elite scorer that would be a huge addition for them. Even if he ha s an attitude problem (which I think is pure speculation), they would be dumb not to take him.

It will be interesting to see how things pan out in the next couple weeks. I think it's safe to say his time in the SEL is done either way.

Edited by DeNiro, 19 February 2013 - 03:52 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1767 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:54 PM

Naw, Jensen should just ride out the rest of the season in Sweden. Their season ends pretty soon anyway and there will be no playoffs for AIK.

I'm really hoping, since he's technically not a CHL player right now, that Jensen will be eligible to join the Wolves when he returns to North America. Or do all CHL rules still apply to Jensen as far as playing in the AHL?

CHL rules still apply. When the SEL season ends the only place he can report to is the Generals, until their season is over.

Edit: Or he could join the Canucks, but that's not happening.

Edited by DeNiro, 19 February 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1768 JensenFan2011

JensenFan2011

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,394 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

CHL rules still apply. When the SEL season ends the only place he can report to is the Generals, until their season is over.

Edit: Or he could join the Canucks, but that's not happening.

it could happen actually... looks like they need scoring (canucks)

#1769 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,439 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

it could happen actually... looks like they need scoring (canucks)

What? really. Scoring is fine recently. We scored 3 goals 3 straight games, but lost all of em :picard:

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#1770 DJ Kreuzberg

DJ Kreuzberg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Since it doesn't look like Jensen will get much of a chance to score some more goals, I made a video for his 15 goals and some scoring chances. There is no commentary, so if the music is not bearable, please play your own music for 4 minutes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.