The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

weak links that cost canucks the cup

spinarama

I would say our fourth line not being effective was one of our biggest reasons for losing.

They couldn't eat up minutes to let our big guns rest more, and tired players are more prone to injuries/lapses in defensive or offensive play.

Case and point, bostons 4th line ate us alive, checked hard, had quality scoring chances, and let their top players rest so that when they came on they were that much faster than our top line. This negated our speed advantage, and cost us our main scoring weapons not getting anything done imo.

It certainly seems true that Luongo's consistency declines when he plays too much. He is obviously a very emotional highly strung guy and he just gets worn down mentally. And he is reluctant to step back and rest.

However, it is asking a lot to play a backup in the playoffs if your starter is healthy.

As for the Sedins playing a physical game --that won't work. All it will do is take them off their game.

This reminds me of the adage: Don't try to teach a pig to sing. It won't work and it annoys the pig.

I agree the Canucks could use more toughness in the top 6. But don't expect it to come from the Sedins.

Archived