The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

weak links that cost canucks the cup

spinarama

hmmm ... couldn't resist checking back early.

any goalie who lets in 8 goals has a coach who kept him in when the score was at 3 or 4. case closed.

ok, I uncovered another factor. a subtle factor of when the tide turned.

remember the canucks are up 2-0 in games, and more important, they are CONFIDENT.

so before the start of game 3 , Rome was on the bench and thornton skated by and chirps to intimidate him.

next shift, rome goes out and lays out horton. suspension, 5 minute penalty, etc.

again it is coaching. canucks had 3 COACHES behind that bench who saw that incident with thornton. ONE of them HAD to walk over and calm rome down and remind him to keep focus. game 3 of the finals, they have been working on focus for HOURS ..... so just walk over, calm him down, remind him. hello, Bones. hello AV ...???

nope. next shift, rome goes out, with no focus .... BAM ...

again, 100% coaching fault.

Back to back Art Ross winners need to learn how to check.

Ok.

How about MG adcquires a plaer to play with the Sedins that creates the room they need to operate and has the skill set to compliment them?

What a concept.

MG has had three years now to do this.

Waiting,waiting.

<br />anyway I'd like all the lou-bashers to reflect a bit, and ask what a player could have done if he is :<br /><br />playing on too little rest.<br /><br />kept in goal for 8, humiliated by his own coach.<br /><br />__________<br /><br />ok, I'm going for a break, back tomorrow.  <br /><br />but seriously, the lou bashing out there.  <br />the guy is a player. ... players want to play.<br /><br />it takes MANAGEMENT to determine the <br /><br />OPTIMAL level of performance for an athlete.<br /><br />if you cannot see clearly that a player plays best on 3 days or even 4 days rest, you are in the wrong business.<br /><br />Lou is an exceptional player.  but .... he is obviously average when playing long continuous stretches.  <br /><br />HELLO.   any management out there?  hello.  you got 35, an excellent backup goalie.<br />stole some games in the reg season.  why is he on the bench.   <br /><br />why is he on the bench when the score is 7-0   ??????   hello.  <br /><br />who won the Jennings?  TWO goalies won it, not one.<br />

too bad RK17, DH2, et al got injured

HS33 didn't really step it up, what a shame. did something happen to AB14? too bad CH39 and ST10 wasn't able to contribute offensively

1) Completely agree. My plan would be to play CS35 in every game four. Up or down 3-0 or 2-1 he should have played that game. That way Lou could have finish the series off being well rested.

2) Completely disagree. The Sedins one of the most durable top players in the league. They can take a check really well. Look at Eager's hit on Dank. And they would get off their game trying to hit other people. What they need to learn is how to take a slash behind the leg :).

Funny how Claude Julien was the Bruins weakest link too. Now he's a god.

IMO A coach win the President Trophy...players wins the Stanley Cup. That's exactly what happen this year. AV is a good coach. Hank telling his coach that he will change sweater with Dank because he's stuck on the ice after a icing, show the relationship between AV and the SEdins. We don't want to change that or mess it up in our prime. If this core doesn't win next year, then i guess significant changes will be made to the core of this team and then AV can go.

Archived