The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

weak links that cost canucks the cup

spinarama

You guys are all wrong we lost the cup because of the following three things. Seriously guys how did you expect our guys to play so banged up and score goals when practically all our stars were well broken. Also if you have an injury and a guy is aloud to continue chipping away at it over and over and over again, and the refs do nothing well....... Not to mention Rome's suspension was a joke

1. Refs

2. Injuries

3. goal tending/AV being dumb and asking Lu if he wanted to stay in.

You guys are all wrong we lost the cup because of the following three things. Seriously guys how did you expect our guys to play so banged up and score goals when practically all our stars were well broken. Also if you have an injury and a guy is aloud to continue chipping away at it over and over and over again, and the refs do nothing well....... Not to mention Rome's suspension was a joke

1. Refs

2. Injuries

3. goal tending/AV being dumb and asking Lu if he wanted to stay in.

you make a good point.

but how about this idea of watching TV for 2 1/2 months and wrecking your springtime.

when you could be studying things. making a log house whatever.

and then when you're done you just go online and get the game result or else watch the hilite on

canucks fan 127 youtube channel.

meantime you put all those hours to good use.

and you did not get programmed by those satanic beer commercials.

designed by the same types who flurodate your water and put mercury in your fillings.

you know the ones.

say there are 25 games we play in the playoffs,

I would like to see Schneider start 8 of them. there's no reason or rule that we shouldnt play the backup in the playoffs, especially if your back up goaltender is just as good your starter.

points it I'd like to see both goalies play, that's what will win us the cup

well you know the funny thing about getting a brilliant new idea, is right away ya wanna start a new thread on it.

isn't that how it works eh .....

so by putting this here spinarama is doing the board mods a big favor ........... less pollution.

the post here today is about skating. like, who was the best canucks skater ever? and why?

well most would say it's not even close. mr. 10 the rocket by a soviet mile.

but why? what did PB10 do to become such a smooth and incredibly swift ice carver?

think I have a couple clues but I'm not sayin, not here anyways. not right now maybe later.

maybe on another forum where smart talk goes down, while I wait for them to approve my status.

but seriously. I see MR21 out there and the fella has the tools. he only needs to finish and he's an allstar.

ahh. but finishing,. such a subtle art. WG99 could finish. so could others. but lots of them finishers were not such great skaters.

which wouldja chose? obviously skating is a high art form, and few could be said to be the best, simply because few is what you use to compare the others with, eh.

skating has many facets. a good coach, say someone with a CAHA level 3 (& guess who has this?) will tell ya that acceleration from a start is a key facet. this requires a good skate angle on the pushoffs and great long strides if possible, not choppy ones.

leg strength is obvious. so is balance. how about the skill of being mobile, making fast turns and shifts, while going at top speed? that is a high art also.

ice vision is often overlooked. the ability to see everything that goes on , not only in front of the play but behind it and to the side.

obviously WG99 wrote the modern book on that one.

bringing up Bitz (& Duco) for the SCP's would help a lot in one key area. (a key area that exposed the lads last finals) when it comes down to pure "Mojo" which team has most of it this year? IMO it's mojo that finally comes out on top .... last year, the locals had more skill but something about the look in Lucic's face could tell you he wasn't listening to any of that .... so what's the case this year?

b.t.w. the whole thing with KB3 and 'caveman' etc is because the other league players all respect that great level of mojo. on the local team KB3 is exactly what you're looking for when it comes to that elusive mojo quality. but ........ it also takes 20 others lads, right? it takes all 21 .... or whatever the roster is.

That's what CDC needed; another AV bashing thread. :rolleyes:

If you want to know the main reason(s) for the SCF loss, go back and look at Baggins' post. It says it succinctly and correctly. Everything else is just second guessing and armchair "experts" rehashing the same tired old arguments.

Oh, I also enjoyed the pure fantasy speculation about the Rome hit. I suppose it was the coaches fault for Raymond's injury as well? Should have told him not to go into the boards butt first?

i agree that schnieds should have been put in more but not because rl was tired. he just seemed to melt down, in the past he actually seemed to play better under a heavy load. At any rate you are right that cs should have been put in. The two reasons we lost were rl and injuries. That leads usa to ask why we were so banged up. We played physical but maybe we werent rugged enough team to play that way, the effort was there to be a physical team for sure but we just didnt stand up.

as great a coach as av is i think he can be a stubborn guy at times. he just continued to play mason raymond over and over and over until he finally happened to come on this board one day and see how upset the fans were about mr and finally sit him

rangers borrowed john scott at the trade this year.

matching up vs the bruins, they now have almost parity in grit.

before scott much less. (bruins have like 6 + levels of grit there)

interesting how MG was trying hard to get Backes (st L) several years ago.

/topic/326303-we-know-we-are-nearing-the-playoffs-when/page__st__30">you know the playoffs are near when ..................

the brain-washing "Believe" word starts surrounding every thing you see, feel, or touch

I mean what are we Not gonna believe?!?

you can't blame schedule but the canucks went through 3 hard teams in the WC before bruins.

so that's 4 hard physical teams. luck would have it they'd draw a lighter skill team.

(bruins as someone pointed out above.... had at least 2 "easy" series ... that would be Mtl and Tampa)

(lighter skill teams. much less wear and tear ... less physically demanding)

by comparison if bruins draw ottawa in the 1st round this year, their road will be a lot more demanding.

you just have to wish it eh. :-)

I would call ... dallas, pheonix, colorado and LA as much lighter assignments.

with corresponding lesser injury risks.

Archived