The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Wii U thread

avelanch

on spike tv. but i had to step out and walk the dog. the demo is on the dvr and i'll watch it after the wife gives up the tv :P

if it's as good as it sounds then i'll have a very busy launch window with these must haves:

Pikmin 3

New Super Mario Bros. U

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition - don't own it already

Darksiders 2

Trine 2: Director’s Cut

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge

Aliens Colonial Marines

SiNG! (working title) - for the wife

LEGO City: Undercover - Lego GTA :P

ZombiU

The Avengers: Battle for Earth

Assassin’s Creed III

Rayman Legends

Rabbids Land - maybe

Project P100

another new launch game featured post-presentation

WiiU_GameWario_2_scrn05_E3.jpg

Game & Wario, a brand new WarioWare game, will be released during the system’s launch window. That is, even though the game was absent from today’s press conference.

Utilizing the series’ microgame format, Game & Wario will be playable for between one and five players. Its list of activities includes:

WiiU_GameWario_2_imgeP01_E3.jpg

WiiU_GameWario_1_scrn01_E3.jpg

Air – Players must use the game pad as a bow and arrow

WiiU_GameWario_2_scrn02_E3.jpg

Ski – Use the game pad’s tilt sensors to control a skier as he makes his way down a slope

WiiU_GameWario_2_imgeP02_E3.jpg

WiiU_GameWario_2_scrn10_E3.jpg

Shutter – Criminals are hidden inside of a town, and only you can find them by snapping pictures.

WiiU_GameWario_2_scrn09_E3.jpg

Fruit – Players take control of different on-screen characters, who can be used to anonymously steal fruit. Afterwards, the controller is passed on to the next person, who must figure out who the thief was.

the only ones they covered were launch games, and that's still a damn impressive launch lineup. sure the end of the presentation was weak, but the rest was pretty solid. no blockbusters outside of killer freak from outer space becoming ZombiU, but after the show they announced project P-100

and "Game & Wario"

nintendo started so good, and had the best show of all 3 hardware mfgs, but the lacklust second/ending really left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. outside of ubisoft, they've had the best conference of the show.

Nintendo showed off too many games and not enough talk about hardware. The only talk was in the Nintendo direct on Sunday. Thats definitely a bad point.

I can't wait to get ZOMBI U.

Did you guys see the updated OFFICIAL specs on the other page? That is another thing that should have been included in the E3 presentation.

the only way most people would bother playing nintendoland is if it were bundled in with the system. just like Wii Sports, it's a collection of demos showing you how to use the system, and not a game in and of itself. as for the original demos, they are probably in Nintendoland; chase mii is most likely the mario portion of nintendoland, and the Battle Mii demo is most likely the Metroid portion of Nintendoland.

Also, https://www.facebook.com/BringWatchdogsToWiiu

Nintendo showed off too many games and not enough talk about hardware. The only talk was in the Nintendo direct on Sunday. Thats definitely a bad point.

I can't wait to get ZOMBI U.

Did you guys see the updated OFFICIAL specs on the other page? That is another thing that should have been included in the E3 presentation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/leaked-wii-u-devkit-specs-provide-details-on-cpu-and-gpu-power-plus-storage has more info based off of leaked developer kit specs. I have a feeling that thursday night (1AM friday morning) when Epic reveals the unreal engine 4, they will say that the wii u will be able to run it if those specs are correct.

nintendo started so good, and had the best show of all 3 hardware mfgs, but the lacklust second/ending really left a sour taste in a lot of people's mouths. outside of ubisoft, they've had the best conference of the show.

I'm the complete opposite. Aside from the opening, Pikman 3, and ZombieU... I really feel that Nintendo fell flat on it's face, and disappointed a lot of it's fans...

I'm not alone either... If you go on the gaming forums (I literally have no life), the majority of the comments are negative.

If I were to rank all the conferences I'd have to say:

1. Ubisoft

2. Sony

3. Microsoft

4. EA

5. Nintendo

I'm the complete opposite. Aside from the opening, Pikman 3, and ZombieU... I really feel that Nintendo fell flat on it's face, and disappointed a lot of it's fans...

I'm not alone either... If you go on the gaming forums (I literally have no life), the majority of the comments are negative.

If I were to rank all the conferences I'd have to say:

1. Ubisoft

2. Sony

3. Microsoft

4. EA

5. Nintendo

really? the other gaming forum I visited came up with this, and everyone was pretty much in agreement:

amEcG.gif

this was the graphic beforehand, as a prediction of the way the conferences will go:

mFUxG.gif

I WAITED A WHOLE YEAR FOR THIS?

^In reference to Nintendo's conference. 500+ upvotes, with only 40 downvotes

Most underwhelming E3 ever! Sony releases everthing weeks before e3, Nintendo really dropped the ball. I'm still on getting a Wii U but c'mon, the only first party game you show is pikim. Microsoft is still Mircosoft. Ubisoft really shocked me with all of the new games they announced, as far as I'm concerned they won E3

300+ upvotes, with only 14 downvotes.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...ii-u-conference

^ The editor of this article felt that Nintendo should have showed more.

The guys of SpikeTV's Gametrailers were also somewhat disappointed. (I'd look for the video, but too lazy... :P)

^In reference to Nintendo's conference. 500+ upvotes, with only 40 downvotes

300+ upvotes, with only 14 downvotes.

http://ca.ign.com/ar...ii-u-conference

^ The editor of this article felt that Nintendo should have showed more.

The guys of SpikeTV's Gametrailers were also somewhat disappointed. (I'd look for the video, but too lazy... :P)

yes nintendo's conference was underwhelming, but so was everyone's, outside of Ubisoft. at least nintendo started off well.

these were the games covered in the nintendo conference (not all in depth but all were shown and are within the launch window:

Pikmin 3

New Super Mario Bros. U

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition

Scribblenauts Unlimited

Darksiders 2

Mass Effect 3

TANK! TANK! TANK!

Tekken Tag Tournment 2

Trine 2: Director’s Cut

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge

Aliens Colonial Marines

Wii Fit U

Sing!

LEGO City: Undercover

Just Dance 4

ZombiU

The Avengers: Battle for Earth

Assassin’s Creed III

Rayman Legends

Rabbids Land

YourShape: Fitness Evolved 2013

and these were shown/announced after the conference (both of which should have been in the conference, TBH):

Project P-100

Game and Wario

also the 3ds games:

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Luigi's Mansion 2: Dark Moon

Epic Mickey

Castlevania

Kingdom Hearts

I really think the last half killed the presentation, and they should have used that time to promote games outside of the launch window, but it was still etter than the other 2 conferences (and EA's just plain out sucked).

but then again, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

Archived