The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Wii U thread

avelanch

It's no surprise that the Wii U's graphics are better than the PS3 in comparison... I mean it's a new system, of course the graphics are gonna be better than the current gen systems. It'd be a debacle if it wasn't.

That being said. As soon as Sony and Microsoft announces their new systems, the Wii U's specs won't stand a chance.

It's no surprise that the Wii U's graphics are better than the PS3 in comparison... I mean it's a new system, of course the graphics are gonna be better than the current gen systems. It'd be a debacle if it wasn't.

That being said. As soon as Sony and Microsoft announces their new systems, the Wii U's specs won't stand a chance.

if the roumours about the Wii u being able to run UE4, which those specs breakdown lead me to blieve it will, then it'll basically be on par with anything the PS4 or 720 will do. UE4 is supposed to have a 10 year lifecycle, according to Epic, so by the time the next one comes out, all 3 mfgs would have had moved on to the next gen twice. besides, sony and MS both said their next gen wouldn't be a significant increase in visual quality, as their graphics are already so high.

if the roumours about the Wii u being able to run UE4, which those specs breakdown lead me to blieve it will, then it'll basically be on par with anything the PS4 or 720 will do. UE4 is supposed to have a 10 year lifecycle, according to Epic, so by the time the next one comes out, all 3 mfgs would have had moved on to the next gen twice. besides, sony and MS both said their next gen wouldn't be a significant increase in visual quality, as their graphics are already so high.

Yes

I think this article was for those people that still believe Wii U is less powerful than ps3.

what happened to tom clancy ghost recon online?

Despite the fact the Wii U version of the game was not presented during either Ubisoft's or Nintendo's conferences at E3 2012, Ubisoft reaffirms that the game is still coming to Wii U. According to Ubisoft's senior vice president of sales and marketing Tony Key, he says that "Ghost Recon Online is being developed for the PC first. That was always the plan. The team is taking a little bit longer than they thought they would to get Ghost Recon Online to the level and quality that they want and that definitely has had an impact on how much time they're able to spend on the Wii U version because we want to make sure we get it right." Key also states that much of the development team behind the Wii U version of the game are also working on the PC version, and that focus will shift to the Wii U once the PC version is completed.

Additionally, Key also says, "If we start working on the Wii U too soon, we might end up wasting a lot of resources because the PC is a lot easier to test and learn with. Ghost Recon Online on the PC, we can test and learn with that and apply all the best benefits we learn onto the Wii U version to make sure that it's a great Wii U game. That's an unusual product for a console and we want to make sure we nail it."

http://www.ign.com/a...coming-to-wii-u

it's clearly not a launch title, which is why it was not shown at E3

EA 'holding fire' on two unannounced Wii U games

Computerandvideogames.com - ‎7 minutes ago‎

By Rob Crossley for CVG UK Electronic Arts is preparing to announce at least two other Wii U projects currently in development, a key executive at the publisher has told CVG.

Activision 'will support Wii U'

Computerandvideogames.com - ‎57 minutes ago

By Tom Ivan for CVG UK Activision is ready to throw support behind Nintendo's Wii U, the group's publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg has said.

More hardcore Third Party games coming to Wii U: Black Ops, Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell

GamerGaia - ‎2 hours ago

GM: Can you download a game right away when you see it on your Miiverse? Will you still have physical games too then?

Cindy: Yes. What we said is that every game for the Wii U, and this is true for the Nintendo 3DS too, will be available in both packaged as well as digital. It’s really about choice. What I remember as a parent, I prefer the download because I won’t lose the disk. But some people thrive on [having the physical game], to each his own.

GM: Is there a way you can play your games on another Nintendo, for example if I go to my parents’ house and want to play on their console?

Cindy: You’ll have an account system so you’ll be able to access your account anywhere.

http://www.wired.com/geekmom/2012/06/nintendo-wii-u-e3/

Reggie Fils-Aime is piling on with great quotes.

"I feel like a purple pikmin"

"5707.itslikerunningnintendoofamerica.jpg"

^credit to RiversideOrca

and now, "And you could say that our competitive controllers look a lot like our controller," when asaked abou the pro controller being like the 360 controller.

Well fifa 13 and madden 13 have been announced.

I could easily see the 2 games being NHL 13 and Battlefield 3 or 4.

http://wiiudaily.com...ed-this-summer/

Gibeau doesn't work in the EA Sports division, so it's not NHL that he's talking about (though it probably is in development, imagine how easy line changes and such would be). and as a correction to the title of that story i posted, he said "a couple" which doesn't mean just 2, it could imply more. we'll probably find out in August at Gamescom (the E3 of Europe)

Also, assassins creed comparison to PS3 (direct feed VS off screen)

Archived