The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Wii U thread

avelanch

M rated games -http://www.ebgames.com/browse/nintendo-wii?nav=138a-35

T rated games-http://www.ebgames.com/browse/nintendo-wii?nav=138a-34

so, what else do you specifically need?

Compared to PS3's and 360's games... I'd hardly calls those games top of the line...

Edit: Also your link doesn't lead to any M or T rated games. :mellow:

Completely agree with warmplate, anyone I know that owns a Wii no longer even plays it. Even I have a Wii but I regret it and wished I got a PS3 instead.

The only Wii game I play anymore is Mario Kart, and it's been quite a while since I've even played that

Compared to PS3's and 360's games... I'd hardly calls those games top of the line...

Edit: Also your link doesn't lead to any M or T rated games. :mellow:

MW3? Black Ops? WWE12? World at War? What other non Wii games do you play? Have you ever seen Super Smash Bros on PS3 or Xbox 360?

links fixed!

Off topic, but I'm sure Wii U will get EVERY game PS3 and Xbox 360 get.

MW3? Black Ops? WWE12? World at War? What other non Wii games do you play? Have you ever seen Super Smash Bros Brawl on PS3 or Xbox 360?

links fixed!

Off topic, but I'm sure Wii U will get EVERY game PS3 and Xbox 360 get.

every 3rd party game anyway. in fact Nintendo is on record saying that they developed the WiiU in order for it to allow for wasy portability from the ps3 and 360.

every 3rd party game anyway. in fact Nintendo is on record saying that they developed the WiiU in order for it to allow for wasy portability from the ps3 and 360.

Which will be great... until the far more powerful PS4 and Xbox 720 come out. I mean, why are we going to buy a new console to play the games that our old consoles can play?

Which will be great... until the far more powerful PS4 and Xbox 720 come out. I mean, why are we going to buy a new console to play the games that our old consoles can play?

So you were complaining about it having a library of unique games you're not interested in, but are now doing the same for the fact that it will have the kinds of games that you already like and are used to playing. Just what the hell do you expect from a video game system? lol

The 720 might be shown at CES in January 2012, so we'll find out. For the PS4, http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9316.html

"It’s hard to say right now.I do not think we’ll have a console with a lot better graphics than the PS3 currently offered.I believe the future will be to offer consumers better and more accessible experience .The aim will be to make more people enter the world of video games and try to design titles for women." These words have been said by vice president James Armstrong. So, if Wii U is already AT LEAST 50% more powerful than PS3 and Xbox 360,(Wii U is still in a developing stage) and PS4 won't be much better than PS3. That means Wii U will definitely more powerful than PS4.

http://www.nintengen.com/2011/06/sony-to-use-nintendos-less-powerful.html And just like Sony copied Nintendo with move, and Microsoft's Kinnect with PlayStation eye, they are doing it again by coping Nintendo's "less powerful console" strategy. Sony is only made possible by Nintendo and Microsoft's ideas.

http://wiiudaily.com...nning-on-wii-u/

"Crytek, developers of Crysis and a company known to push the limits of videogame visuals, have confirmed that their brand new engine, CryEngine 3, is running on the Wii U. While Crytek isn't showing anything just yet, they confirmed to Develop that the engine is running on the Wii U and that Crytek fully supports Nintendo's new console. "

Since the Wii U is more powerful than PS3 and Xbox 360, it will have absolutely no problems. Maybe Wii U will also get Frostbite 2!

And just like Sony copied Nintendo with move, and Microsoft's Kinnect with PlayStation eye, they are doing it again by coping Nintendo's "less powerful console" strategy. Sony is only made possible by Nintendo and Microsoft's ideas.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBOX 720 that isn't significantly better than its predecessor either. I'm not quite sure from where this Nintendo fanboy-ism stems, but it is pretty apparent when people are accusing Sony of stealing Nintendo's ideas as if that is a bad thing (and even more so when every anti-Wii U post gets negged). Why do I care if Sony saw the Wii and decided that the motion sensing was cool? All I care about is whether or not I am getting the best console possible.

I use my Wii 10 times less than either my PS3 or my Xbox. Why? Because everything the Wii does, they do it better. Games? Nintendo titles aside, they run them better. Netflix? The Wii isn't even HD. Online play? There's no competition. It was the same with the PS2 and the GameCube. So far, I haven't been given any reason to believe that the next generation of consoles will be any different.

Personally, I don't think I'm ready for another generation of consoles. Games like Uncharted and Skyrim are still impressing both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise and there are plenty of exciting games to come in the next few months, just not for Wii.

I wouldn't buy a PS4 or an XBOX 720 that isn't significantly better than its predecessor either. I'm not quite sure from where this Nintendo fanboy-ism stems, but it is pretty apparent when people are accusing Sony of stealing Nintendo's ideas as if that is a bad thing (and even more so when every anti-Wii U post gets negged). Why do I care if Sony saw the Wii and decided that the motion sensing was cool? All I care about is whether or not I am getting the best console possible.

I use my Wii 10 times less than either my PS3 or my Xbox. Why? Because everything the Wii does, they do it better. Games? Nintendo titles aside, they run them better. Netflix? The Wii isn't even HD. Online play? There's no competition. It was the same with the PS2 and the GameCube. So far, I haven't been given any reason to believe that the next generation of consoles will be any different.

Personally, I don't think I'm ready for another generation of consoles. Games like Uncharted and Skyrim are still impressing both graphics-wise and gameplay-wise and there are plenty of exciting games to come in the next few months, just not for Wii.

Yeah PS2 murdered GameCube and Xbox. BUT, Wii has almost double the sales of PS3.

I know, Wii has no HD, a bad online system, and no multiplayer on shooters(less RAM space). Though, it was Wii that revolutionized the way we play games. It changed everything. Nintendo took a risk, and it payed off. Now they have to take another risk, and release the Wii U early, because the Wii is losing its life. So, to wrap things up, I hope this risk works out and Nintendo succeeds. I mean no Nintendo, no Mario!

http://wiiudaily.com/2011/12/wii-u-to-be-playable-at-ces-2012/

Well, if your going to Las Vegas, your in luck. Wii U will be playable to PUBLIC at CES in the second week of January. I wish I was in Las Vegas!

http://geek.pikimal.com/2011/09/08/rumors-circulate-about-problematic-wii-u-hardware/

RUMOR!

This is just a rumor and has not been conformed by anyone. I seriously hope it works out for Nintendo. BUT, I don't think the Wii U will be delayed because Nintendo is very promising with their hardware. The Wii has the least system failures to date, while Xbox 360 has the most

nintendo only releases quality hardware, it's what they are known for. If it's not working properly it WILL be delayed. then again, it's coming from a little french games site. i don't trust them whatsoever.

I agree, but they have gotten a lot of other Nintendo rumors right(mostly positive ones). They were the ones that revealed the PS Vita specs before they were announced and they also revealed that Nintendo's next console will have a controller with a built in screen. They might just be right. Don't get me wrong though. I am supporting the the Wii U and hope it will be successful.

I agree, but they have gotten a lot of other Nintendo rumors right(mostly positive ones). They were the ones that revealed the PS Vita specs before they were announced and they also revealed that Nintendo's next console will have a controller with a built in screen. They might just be right. Don't get me wrong though. I am supporting the the Wii U and hope it will be successful.

well they certainly have a track record then. it may depend on the developers they are talking to though. the only one from france that i can think of is ubisoft (and kinda activision blizzard, but they are only owned by a french company, their dev headquarters is in the usa), so that's a pretty big one. I'd have no problem with them delaying the release until it was 100%, they do it all the time, in fact i kind of expect it.

I honestly don't think we can judge it until it comes out.

Remember the first Wii? "This is the death of modern gaming."

Result: best selling console for 5 years.

There's a reason for that.

It was revolutionary when it was first released, all ages purchased one unlike the 360 and PS3.

Like I said earlier, it was cool at first but it really lost its appeal fast and other users on here have said the same.

I learned my lesson from the Wii. The Wii U is an awesome idea but I'd rather stay with 360 and PS3 until they release new consoles.

My last favorite Nintendo consoles were, N64 and Gameboy Colour/Advance.

Also on a side note... It hardly even got close to "killing" modern gaming.

There's a reason for that.

It was revolutionary when it was first released, all ages purchased one unlike the 360 and PS3.

Like I said earlier, it was cool at first but it really lost its appeal fast and other users on here have said the same.

I learned my lesson from the Wii. The Wii U is an awesome idea but I'd rather stay with 360 and PS3 until they release new consoles.

My last favorite Nintendo consoles were, N64 and Gameboy Colour/Advance.

Also on a side note... It hardly even got close to "killing" modern gaming.

Yes but I'm guessing you still love Mario, Zelda, Metroid, etc. And why do you buy a PS3? For all of the great third party titles right? (MW3, Black Ops etc.) Wii didn't get good third party games because of bad hardware, and lack of buttons. It had less buttons than the PS3 controller. So the developers were forced to use motion for games with the Wii. The Wii U has good hardware, same number of buttons as PS3 controller, and can be used for motion gaming. I beats PS move because you have to buy a separate controller for it. That is why I think the Wii U will be successful. Because if people have to buy two different consoles. One for Nintendo titles, and one for third party titles. So if one console can combine both of them, people will want to buy it. As why the Wii U will be better than PS4, please refer to post # 48. It explains everything. Still, I hope Nintendo doesn't disappoint us again.(probably won't) If they do again I will never buy their console again.

http://wiiudaily.com...nning-on-wii-u/

"Crytek, developers of Crysis and a company known to push the limits of videogame visuals, have confirmed that their brand new engine, CryEngine 3, is running on the Wii U. While Crytek isn't showing anything just yet, they confirmed to Develop that the engine is running on the Wii U and that Crytek fully supports Nintendo's new console. "

Since the Wii U is more powerful than PS3 and Xbox 360, it will have absolutely no problems. Maybe Wii U will also get Frostbite 2!

too bad the wii u will most likely port its games from xbox 360 =/

until the xbox 720 and ps4 of course

Archived