The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Wii U thread

avelanch

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

they work perfectly for all the ones I've tried, they just take up a new tile on the load screen. you have to option to play it on the TV or on the gamepad so someone can watch tv while you play if you want.

GBA games were just added, and nintendo has already announced that N64, Gamecube, and DS games are planned as releases in the future. If it wasn't for the fact that the 3DS is doing so well, i could see 3DS games coming over too.

• 2 weeks later...

During E3 (june 10th) nintendo will hold a giant smash bros tourney, and will also have smash bros available to play at Best buys around the country (not sure if it's all best buys, or just limited ones. They'll also be streaming the entire event including their conference and a bunch of game demos.

• 2 weeks later...

Legend of Zelda Wii U E3 Rumor: Playable Version Called 'Shard Of Nightmare' Listed On Internal Memo

E3 2014 Rumor

By Mo Mozuch on May 12, 2014 11:42 PM EDT

Anyone following the story of the Wii U knows two things:

1.) It's not looking good.

2.) The Legend of Zelda Wii U release could change that.

Nintendo hasn't had much to say about the title, other than casually mentioning it's the biggest project in company history. But the only Zelda Wii U action they've gone into detail about is Hyrule Warriors. It's a neat concept, but to paraphrase the Jedi mind trick "this is not the Zelda game we're looking for." We want the big, epic, (possibly) open world Zelda Wii U experience that is so undeniably great all the fence-sitters will flock to pick up the Zelda Wii U bundle. (You know there's gonna be a Zelda Wii U bundle).

A new rumor says that experience is coming to Wii U in the form of The Legend Of Zelda: Shard Of Nightmare. According to Zelda Informer, an anonymous insider sent the site a copy of an internal memo for E3 staff that details what the "Big 3" are planning for next month. Here's the memo obtained by Zelda Informer:

18602.jpg
(photo: Zelda Informer)

This is a rumor worth a massive grain of salt. Although Zelda Informer claims that The Legend of Zelda: Shard Of Nightmare leak was approved by one of the moderators on their forum the crude appearance means it could easily be a fake. I'm not saying the memo definitely IS a fake, because any memo can be easily faked. It's just a basic word document. What matters is if you want it to be true. I do. Because The Legend Of Zelda: Shard Of Nightmare could easily be an incredible game. In an interview with Nintendo Life last year series creator Eiji Aonuma spoke briefly about his ambitions for the Zelda Wii U release:

There are no limitations on what kind of place Hyrule can be, other than that it is a country where Zelda exists as its Princess. We now have many titles in the series, so we are seeing characters and location names from previous titles coming up again. We are using these when it adds to the fun, but there is no rule that we have to use these at all. We may even need to change things you might take for granted like Zelda being a Princess. I would really like the next Hyrule to be a setting no one has ever imagined before.

If the rumors are true then we'll be seeing Aonuma's grand new vision during E3 next month. If not, then it means we're likely going to have to wait at least another year before getting a good look at Zelda Wii U. And fans have no problem waiting patiently. We've got another year in us. The Wii U might not.

Should I jump on the $200 refurbished Wii U deal?

https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?categoryNav=true&navAction=jump&navCount=2&atg.multisite.remap=false&productId=prod150200&categoryId=cat140077

It comes with Nintendo Land and then I would buy MK8 and get NSMBU.

Or will there be a better deal around E3 (if there even are console deals at E3, I've never checked).

the 200 refurbished is a great deal, i doubt there will be a better one coming at E3, but you could always wait just to make sure... you'll just miss out on a month of sweet sweet MK8 gameplay

I've read that the refurbished deal is limited time offer. I would hate to wait for E3, have there be no console deals and have to pay an extra $100 for the console.

Read the Mario Kart 8 reviews. Seems like Nintendo did a hell of a job.

Question for Wii U owners. Do I need to re-buy my Wii games for it or can I just put in my SSBB disc and play it like normal?

Wow. I wanted a PS4 soon, but now with all these brilliant Mario Kart 8 reviews I feel like I want a Wii U...

Yeah I know how you feel. NHL 15 though.

I'm seriously debating picking up the WiiU after the new SSB comes out, or if they announce a price cut around e3.

Dreaming on my part, but I'd pay ~229.99 for WiiU+MK8

Question for Wii U owners. Do I need to re-buy my Wii games for it or can I just put in my SSBB disc and play it like normal?

You just pop the game game and play, similar to gamecube on the wii

Archived