The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

David Honzik Talk

b3.

Considering the back up allowed 8 goals to a pretty middle of the pack team like PEI, you really have to consider just how bad the team is in front of him. I don't think any of us can really judge his play without watching him because statistically his team may just be the most brutal in the entire CHL. A goalie can only do so much

Well, the contrast between Honzik and Cape Breton's backup goalie Alex Bureau is pretty stark, and the importance of Honzik to the Screaming Eagles evident, given Honzik's effort in the 2nd game of a back to back against the P.E.I. Rocket today. Honzik stopped an amazing 44 of 46 shots in a 2-1 loss, while Bureau allowed 8 goals on 51 shots in an 8-0 loss yesterday.

Okay, I think I'm a believer in him now and credit goes to DeNiro for helping to change my perspective. Honzik is a workhorse who makes an unreal amount of saves on a regular basis to try to keep his terrible team in games. Needless to say, the Canucks have done very well at drafting and developing goalies in recent history. Maybe they really have something here in David Honzik.

Well, the contrast between Honzik and Cape Breton's backup goalie Alex Bureau is pretty stark, and the importance of Honzik to the Screaming Eagles evident, given Honzik's effort in the 2nd game of a back to back against the P.E.I. Rocket today. Honzik stopped an amazing 44 of 46 shots in a 2-1 loss, while Bureau allowed 8 goals on 51 shots in an 8-0 loss yesterday.

Okay, I think I'm a believer in him now and credit goes to DeNiro for helping to change my perspective. Honzik is a workhorse who makes an unreal amount of saves on a regular basis to try to keep his terrible team in games. Needless to say, the Canucks have done very well at drafting and developing goalies in recent history. Maybe they really have something here in David Honzik.

Honzik was pulled at 3:16 of the 1st period after allowing 2 goals on 4 shots against the Baie-Comeau Drakkar today. The Screaming Eagles actually went on to win the game 5-3, with backup goalie Alex Bureau stopping 38 of 39 shots against after replacing Honzik.

It would be ideal if next year it was Lack and Cannata tending net in the AHL while Honzik got starting duties in the ECHL. Hopefully Gillis drafts another goalie or two in the coming draft to keep goalies coming through the system, seeing as how this organization seems so good in that area.

It would be ideal if next year it was Lack and Cannata tending net in the AHL while Honzik got starting duties in the ECHL. Hopefully Gillis drafts another goalie or two in the coming draft to keep goalies coming through the system, seeing as how this organization seems so good in that area.

Archived