The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

• 2 months later...

alexandre_grenier_ecs.jpg

Here's a picture of Grenier from an EC Redbull practice. Just thought you guys might be interested because he looks like a psychopath monster with no visor in a Euro-league :P

Looks like a hockey player!

"A good Canadian kid" -Don Cherry

• 3 weeks later...

From Sept 23 - Grenier's first goal overseas!

Salzburg Red Bull 5 KAC 2

Grenier 1 goal, 1 assist

And it was highlight reel material!

0:53 into the video (#59), Check it out... nice!

For those that want to watch just Grenier's goal without sitting through the rest of the highlights:

Play of the Day

Wow!

(It's funny when #16 Ryan Duncan comes over to celebrate the goal - he is listed at 5'6" while Grenier is almost 6'5"...!)

S_C

The goal was nice, but notice the competition - he beat two defensemen on foot speed alone. He towers over everyone in that league, still an upgrade over junior I guess.

In his defence, his footspeed for his size is excellent and he probably pulled an Erik Cole "I'm faster than I look" and surprised the defense to get that breakaway, along with his nifty move.

The goal was nice, but notice the competition - he beat two defensemen on foot speed alone. He towers over everyone in that league, still an upgrade over junior I guess.

No doubt this is far from the NHL, but it's still good to see that Grenier has the confidence to pull moves like that.

Alot better than him struggling. And like you, said it's a step up from junior since he's playing against men now.

This is what he's in the Austrian league for. To work on skills like this, without expecting to goon it up like he would in the AHL.

No doubt this is far from the NHL, but it's still good to see that Grenier has the confidence to pull moves like that.

Alot better than him struggling. And like you, said it's a step up from junior since he's playing against men now.

This is what he's in the Austrian league for. To work on skills like this, without expecting to goon it up like he would in the AHL.

He is there because of the coaching. Cannot remember the coach's name but he tailors his player's game to NHL patterns.

Archived