b3.

Alexandre Grenier Talk

1,195 posts in this topic

Seems to have some skill and defensive conscious, but also looked like he was floating out there quite a bit too.

he's made some great plays but it seems like he is never skating hard.

Might be deceiving because hes so huge :P

No, Grenier is floating out there tonight, with most of his team. The other time I've seen him play, he was wayyy faster.

Who the hell is #53 on the Mooseheads and can we sign/draft him? Kid can fly like MayRay and isn't afraid to crash and bang

Brad Cuzner, he's undrafted. He's also 20, which would explain his crash and bang willingness.

Yikes. Grenier and the Halifax Mooseheads lost 9-0 to the Rimouski Oceanic in Game 5 today. Grenier was a -2 in the game.

Halifax now trails the series 3-2.

he seems pretty consistant. seems to be averaging a point a game every game and he don't get that many multiple point games.

Said it last year, and will say it again - this guys is a beast of a prospect! Has size, great hands...everything we can use.

Mooseheads lose and are eliminated from the playoffs. Grenier had a goal in his final game in the QMJHL.

that is very interesting.. mcnally, corrado, grenier, canatta, kconn and labate gillis seems to be doing pretty well after round3 and im sure i missed someone that avelanch will bring up ;)

that is very interesting.. mcnally, corrado, grenier, canatta, kconn and labate gillis seems to be doing pretty well after round3 and im sure i missed someone that avelanch will bring up ;)

Friesen ;)

Friesen ;)

also Polasek (great first season for the wolves last year), and Andersson (who could end up being really good and will be in NA next season ::D)

also Polasek (great first season for the wolves last year), and Andersson (who could end up being really good and will be in NA next season ::D)

That's actually a very good sign that our scouts are finding undervalued talent (if these prospects pan out). Detroit has been finding gems in the middle rounds for years now.

That's actually a very good sign that our scouts are finding undervalued talent (if these prospects pan out). Detroit has been finding gems in the middle rounds for years now.

i agree, you can start to see gillis's drafting philosophy start to payoff and he hasnt even had that many picks due to trades some of nonis's and some of his own doing.

i knew id forget some players too, avelanch keeps me on my toes watching prospects to try and at least sound informed :P

Edited by stexx

I've never really understood the grovelling over MG for asking the owners to triple their scouting budget. It's not like he improved it on the same budget, or made substantial budget cuts elsewhere to put a much bigger emphasis on the importance of drafting. I'm not begrudging him for it or anything, but I don't really see it as a 'philosophy' so much as a luxury.

I've never really understood the grovelling over MG for asking the owners to triple their scouting budget. It's not like he improved it on the same budget, or made substantial budget cuts elsewhere to put a much bigger emphasis on the importance of drafting. I'm not begrudging him for it or anything, but I don't really see it as a 'philosophy' so much as a luxury.

I like how you refer to it as a luxury. The philosophy is there too though, it is how you manage said luxuries when you come across them.

Part of proper management is knowing when to spend money. Improving performance under the same budget is a great way to show your worth, but the goal of the scouting department is not to showcase Mike's management skills.

The goal is to achieve the highest return possible, rather than the highest return per dollar possible. Under this goal, as long as their is some marginal benefit to increasing costs, they should increase.

If you have a resource available to you, and choose not to use it because its too easy and does not involve brilliant management on your part, then you have made a mistake. Good on Mike for avoiding that mistake, and taking advantage of an opportunity many would have missed.

Edited by LostViking

https://twitter.com/#!/greener05

Looks like he is going to play in for EC Red Bull Salzburg in the Austrian hockey league... arg.... another bust.

Odd.. You'd think he would at least try his luck with Chicago first.

Great, this POS took the money instead of developing in Chicago. We got a less talented, less everything Radulov on our hands.

Disappointing to lose a prospect like that.

He had good size, but I heard he was soft and didn't use it. Oh well, not all gambles pay out. At least we found a gem in the late rounds in this year with Frank Corrado.