b3.

Alexandre Grenier Talk

1,328 posts in this topic

I'm surprised Hannay even made the team.

As for Grenier, seems like a good move!

alexandre_grenier_ecs.jpg

Here's a picture of Grenier from an EC Redbull practice. Just thought you guys might be interested because he looks like a psychopath monster with no visor in a Euro-league :P

I'm surprised Hannay even made the team.

As for Grenier, seems like a good move!

Hannay is playing for the Farm team of EC Salzburg :/

Here's a picture of Grenier from an EC Redbull practice. Just thought you guys might be interested because he looks like a psychopath monster with no visor in a Euro-league :P

Looks like a hockey player!

"A good Canadian kid" -Don Cherry

That's one awesome helmet if you ask me.

I've had a feeling bout this guy since we drafted him.. Good to hear some great insight on how he's developing

From Sept 23 - Grenier's first goal overseas!

Salzburg Red Bull 5 KAC 2

Grenier 1 goal, 1 assist

And it was highlight reel material!

0:53 into the video (#59), Check it out... nice!

For those that want to watch just Grenier's goal without sitting through the rest of the highlights:

Play of the Day

Wow!

(It's funny when #16 Ryan Duncan comes over to celebrate the goal - he is listed at 5'6" while Grenier is almost 6'5"...!)

S_C

Nothing like a sick goal like that to give a player confidence.

What a beauty.

The goal was nice, but notice the competition - he beat two defensemen on foot speed alone. He towers over everyone in that league, still an upgrade over junior I guess.

The goal was nice, but notice the competition - he beat two defensemen on foot speed alone. He towers over everyone in that league, still an upgrade over junior I guess.

In his defence, his footspeed for his size is excellent and he probably pulled an Erik Cole "I'm faster than I look" and surprised the defense to get that breakaway, along with his nifty move.

No doubt this is far from the NHL, but it's still good to see that Grenier has the confidence to pull moves like that.

Alot better than him struggling. And like you, said it's a step up from junior since he's playing against men now.

This is what he's in the Austrian league for. To work on skills like this, without expecting to goon it up like he would in the AHL.

Good foot speed and hands on that play. What he will need to really improve on is his puck battle skills and getting stronger on the back check. I hope he can round out a physical game aswell. I hope he can put it all together and be a Canuck one day.

No doubt this is far from the NHL, but it's still good to see that Grenier has the confidence to pull moves like that.

Alot better than him struggling. And like you, said it's a step up from junior since he's playing against men now.

This is what he's in the Austrian league for. To work on skills like this, without expecting to goon it up like he would in the AHL.

He is there because of the coaching. Cannot remember the coach's name but he tailors his player's game to NHL patterns.

He is there because of the coaching. Cannot remember the coach's name but he tailors his player's game to NHL patterns.

Pierre Pagé

Anyone know why Grenier didn't play last game, and if he's going to play today?

Anyone know why Grenier didn't play last game, and if he's going to play today?

I believe he's suffering from a concussion right now.

he's listed as injured on eliteprospects.