The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

For the third game in a row, and his 3rd career ECHL game, Grenier picked up an assist for Kalamazoo. He was also a +3 on the night. Kalamzoo defeated the Gwinnett Gladiators 4-3.

Grenier now has 0 goals, 3 assists, 3 points and is a +4 in 3 games in the ECHL. He only has 1 shot on goal in those three games, though.

Grenier had one assist, 5 shots on net and a +1 rating for Kalmazoo in a 4-3 loss to the Evansville IceMen today.

I find it interesting that Grenier continues to put even or + ratings in some high scoring losses. He also made a great defensive play that saved a goal in his one game with the Wolves. I haven't seen him in the ECHL so I can't make any informed judgements but these few points possibly suggest that Grenier has a pretty good defensive game.

Grenier had one assist, 5 shots on net and a +1 rating for Kalmazoo in a 4-3 loss to the Evansville IceMen today.

I find it interesting that Grenier continues to put even or + ratings in some high scoring losses. He also made a great defensive play that saved a goal in his one game with the Wolves. I haven't seen him in the ECHL so I can't make any informed judgements but these few points possibly suggest that Grenier has a pretty good defensive game.

Hopefully that's the case. He could also be playing with some good players in good offensive situations hence the +/-, but there may be a good foundation there for to become a good two-way player too. He'll have to impress down there to earn a contract from the Nucks.

Eh, I'm always optimistic about our prospects but I don't consider the ECHL remotely significant. I think staying in Austria might have been better for him that playing in Kalamazoo.

It may be an over evaluation but he has been very consistant with his few games. he moved from austria, joined a new team in kalamazoo, went to chicago for a short period, came back and produced again. That's how i'm looking at it, and i'm sure some don't agree. But you have to be optimistic if you're going to follow prospects :lol:

Grenier registered an assist, 5 shots on net and a +1 rating and amassed 12 PIMS in a 4-3 OT Kalamazoo loss to the Bakersfield Condors today. His PIMS consisted of a two minute holding minor and a ten minute misconduct for unsportsmanlike conduct.

Archived