The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Alexandre Grenier | RW

b3.

Eh, I'm always optimistic about our prospects but I don't consider the ECHL remotely significant. I think staying in Austria might have been better for him that playing in Kalamazoo.

He didn't really have a choice - Red Bull Salzburg basically gave him the boot as there wasn't going to be any icetime for him.

The next Nik Antropov?

I would say that Antropov is probably the top of his upside. He's a much more rush style player though, really fast for someone his size and although he's 6'5", I don't think he'll ever top 225, he's got a lanky frame. I'd say rather than Antropov his upside is a 6'5" Chris Higgins.

I would say that Antropov is probably the top of his upside. He's a much more rush style player though, really fast for someone his size and although he's 6'5", I don't think he'll ever top 225, he's got a lanky frame. I'd say rather than Antropov his upside is a 6'5" Chris Higgins.

So a poor mans/lesser verison of Blake Wheeler?

Great game for Grenier today! He had a goal and 2 assists, 3 shots on net, 2 PIMS and a +3 rating for Kalamazoo in a 5-1 win over the Fort Wayne Komets.

His totals on the season are now 1 goal, 9 assists, 10 points and a +10 rating in 10 games. Impressive.

Grenier another good game goal and an assist. Leads the team in PPG 12 in 1. 2G 10A +10 rating. That's pretty great I have to say, he and Mallet seem to play better when they are on the same team :) Hope he gets a chance with the wolves once the K wings are done their season!

Who cares? It's the ECHL. Not even the A.

Means nothing.

Yes it does mean something. It means he's producing well at the level he's currently playing, which bodes well for his jump to the next level.

We can tell this poster really lacks common sense and perspective.

Yes it does mean something. It means he's producing well at the level he's currently playing, which bodes well for his jump to the next level.

We can tell this poster really lacks common sense and perspective.

No kidding. And the ECHL is arguably a step above the Austrian league as far as preparing for the NHL. So the fact that he's producing there means that he's moving forward in his development.

Being a point per game in the ECHL means he's more likely to be able to produce in the AHL. Especially as he continues to develop physically.

I'm not sure but Im going to assume that the Austrian league uses the big ice in their arenas for this statement. Grenier is a fast guy for being 6'5, it's one of his best attributes, and on the larger ice surface it might have been sort of mulled and made him less effective. Coming back to NA and playing on the smaller ice surface must bring out his speed and play in benefit to his game. I would assume that's why he's doing better now, he's better suited to the closer in, high paced game.

I'm not sure but Im going to assume that the Austrian league uses the big ice in their arenas for this statement. Grenier is a fast guy for being 6'5, it's one of his best attributes, and on the larger ice surface it might have been sort of mulled and made him less effective. Coming back to NA and playing on the smaller ice surface must bring out his speed and play in benefit to his game. I would assume that's why he's doing better now, he's better suited to the closer in, high paced game.

And his team had a revolving door of locked out NHLers too so he kept getting pushed down the depth chart

Yeah, that comment about the ECHL meaning nothing was senseless. For a young guy to move up to the AHL, he has to be around point-per-game. Suggests that he could be good enough to be promoted if he keeps this up. "Means nothing..." :lol:

Grenier seems to be more of a skilled, large playmaker than physical and gritty. Would like to see how he and Mallet do together on a line.

Archived