b3.

Joseph Labate
Center
Born Apr 16 1993 -- Eagan, MN
Height 6.04 -- Weight 195 -- Shoots L

Selected by Vancouver Canucks round 4 #101 overall 2011 NHL Entry Draft

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2011-12 U. of Wisconsin WCHA 37 5 15 20 24
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/CODE]

Joseph LaBate, a 6-foot-4, 195-pound center who played for the Academy of Holy Angels in Minnesota, has confirmed to The Hockey News that he has committed to the University of Wisconsin.

LaBate had 29 goals and 52 points in 26 games for the high school team, which did not qualify for the state tournament. In the Stars’ playoff loss to Prior Lake, LaBate had points on all three of his team’s goals.

He will play for the Badgers next season and is draft eligible this summer, where he is expected to go in the second or third round.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/38886-2011-NHL-draft-prospect-Joseph-LaBate-commits-to-the-University-of-Wisconsin.html

Combine stats:

JOSEPH LABATE  (Rank: #51)

HOLY ANGELS #-

Position: C / 

Shoots: L

*Height: 6' 3.75" 

Weight: 190 lbs.

Burnsville, MN, United States

April 16, 1993

Year		League	Team		Games	Goals	Assists	Points	PIM

2010/2011	HIGH-MN	HOLY ANGELS	25	27	22	49	42

2010/2011	MHSEL	TEAM SOUTH EAST	5	2	6	8	2

2009/2010	HIGH-MN	HOLY ANGELS	27	29	30	59	

Ha, this is the guy who laughed when we interviewed him and asked him to play a video game to test his hand-eye coordination and reaction times. Then he stopped laughing when they pulled out a pair of 3D goggles and he realized they were serious. They made him pick floating balls out of the air... LOL

Best selection of the draft for the Canucks, his ceiling is so high nobody even knows what it could be

He's gonna do amazing at Wisconsin and i predict 10-15 goals 15-20 assists in his freshman season (bold for an NCAA freshman i know)

He's the least talked about, except maybe Corrado, but i think he will be the best after Jensen. We needed big power forwards and we added the 2 best available when we picked them.

I'm not thrilled with some picks, but im more excited by Labate than anyone the Canucks have picked in recent years, and anyone that knows me knows ive been covering a lot of drafts

Another big forward, Gillis realizes it's the way to go, good to see.

High ceiling, and potentially a steal. Very good stats from past teams, can't wait to see what he can do for the University of Wisconsin.

Another big forward, Gillis realizes it's the way to go, good to see.

High ceiling, and potentially a steal. Very good stats from past teams, can't wait to see what he can do for the University of Wisconsin.

I think Gillis realizes the way to go is players with speed and skill. If you can get a player like that, that happens to have good size, then you go for it.

Archived