The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joseph LaBate | C/LW

b3.

The Badgers open their home slate at the Kohl Center on Saturday, Oct. 6 with an exhibition contest against the U.S. Under-18 Team at 8 p.m. Wisconsin begins the regular season with a two-game road series against Northern Michigan in Green Bay, Wis., on Oct. 12 and 13. The Badgers start their home regular-season schedule on Friday, Nov. 2 when Colorado College visits Madison and the Kohl Center ice is dedicated “Bob Johnson Rink.
http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/092412aah.html

How is it that a college exhibition game has coverage, but an AHL exhibition game doesn't?

The coverage was supplied by the US National team's filming crew I believe. The National team usually garner's more attention and has more focused funding for such things I'd assume.

Labate can skate. He`s got good speed for a big guy.

He doesn`t shy away from battling along the boards either.

One thing I noticed though is that he needs to bulk up some more. Quite a few times he was knocked down pretty easily. At 6`4`` and 200 pounds he's still pretty lanky.

But he`s got at least another year, maybe two, in college to bulk upand become a dominant player. So I`m not worried. He looks good for a sophomore.

Archived