The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joseph LaBate | C/LW

b3.

Labate went scoreless with 2 shots on net and an even rating for Wisconsin in the last game of the regular season, a 3-2 win over St. Cloud State.

Joseph Labate's regular season stats:

35 GP, 7 goals, 11 assists, 18 points, 39 PIMS, +9

I wonder how much ice time he gets or if maybe he would be better to turn Pro.

Top 6 minutes consistently with even some time on the top line I believe. I think turning pro after this year would be to rush him a bit. It was a bad year for wisconsin but you can be sure they will be working hard to make sure it doesn't happen again. Let him get a little more experience as he'll probably be a top line player with a letter next year and then parlay that to a contract at the end of next season

Top 6 minutes consistently with even some time on the top line I believe. I think turning pro after this year would be to rush him a bit. It was a bad year for wisconsin but you can be sure they will be working hard to make sure it doesn't happen again. Let him get a little more experience as he'll probably be a top line player with a letter next year and then parlay that to a contract at the end of next season

Yeah, he's consistently top-line for Wisconsin. He turned it on in the second half of the season after a sort of Sophomore slump. He's a player who will develop more from playing 3 or 4 years in college, add on to that taking full advantage of the superior college weight rooms and he'll probably come out of NCAA hockey ready for the AHL and about 6'4 215lbs.

Wisconsin defeated Minnesota Duluth 4-1 on Saturday to sweep the 1st round series and advance to the WCHA Final Five starting March 21. Labate assisted on the game winning goal scored by Michael Mersch and finished with 2 PIMS, 4 shots on goal and a +1 rating.

Wisconsin will face #5 Minnesota State on Thursday March 21.

BTW, does anyone know why they call it the "Final Five" when there are actually 6 teams left? Still trying to learn the NCAA structure here.

Wisconsin defeated Minnesota Duluth 4-1 on Saturday to sweep the 1st round series and advance to the WCHA Final Five starting March 21. Labate assisted on the game winning goal scored by Michael Mersch and finished with 2 PIMS, 4 shots on goal and a +1 rating.

BTW, does anyone know why they call it the "Final Five" when there are actually 6 teams left? Still trying to learn the NCAA structure here.

That means he'll going head to head with CDC favorite Nick Bjugstad. Should be interesting to see how they measure up.

Hopefully they'll be part of the same organization in the not too distant future.

That means he'll going head to head with CDC favorite Nick Bjugstad. Should be interesting to see how they measure up.

Hopefully they'll be part of the same organization in the not too distant future.

bjugstad is on minnesota, not minn state.

I think its because of the 5 games. 2 on Thurs. 2 on Friday and the final on Saturday, Only guess I can think of

Wisconsin defeated Minnesota State 7-2 today to advance to the WCHA semifinals. Labate scored a goal and finished with 4 PIMS, 1 shot on net and a +1 rating.

Wisconsin will face the #1 team in the WCHA St. Cloud State tomorrow in the first semifinal.

Wisconsin defeated Minnesota State 7-2 today to advance to the WCHA semifinals. Labate scored a goal and finished with 4 PIMS, 1 shot on net and a +1 rating.

Wisconsin will face the #1 team in the WCHA St. Cloud State tomorrow in the first semifinal.

Another Minnesota team, Deniro. :D

Archived