The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

I'll try to give "Chuck in the Truck" the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he's actually being sincere?

He could be saying that this signing is "awesome" because, unlike many players on the current roster (in Chuck's opinion, that is), Blomstrand plays a game that is neither "soft" nor "nice." He's arguably grittier than many of the Canucks' recent North American draft picks and having him in the system improves the team's depth in the toughness and physicality department.

Maybe "Chuck" actually thinks this is a step in the right direction? Could be the case, right? ;)

I thought he meant awesome as in we are finally getting some toughness into the system, not a sarcastic "awesome" referring to Blomstrand as a soft player.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a good route for him to take I think. He needs to work on his offensive game so that he doesn't become a one dimensional checker.

2010 3rd round pick Kirill Kabanov is doing the exact same thing right now. You remember the guy that half the board wanted us to trade up to the second round to draft? :lol:

Stanislav Galiev is also in the ECHL right now doing the same thing.

Not bad for Blomstand to be in the same position as a couple 2010 3rd round picks. I think a season in the ECHL, and then another couple in the AHL and hopefully he'll be ready to take some fourth line duties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Utica Comets@UticaComets 18m

The Vancouver Canucks have reassigned Ludwig Blomstrand to the #Comets. Release: http://www.uticacomets.com/?p=2714

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher announced today that the Canucks have re-assigned left wing Ludwig Blomstrand to the AHL Utica Comets from the ECHL Kalamazoo Wings.

Bloomstrand, 21, has recorded 23 points (12-11-23) and 12 penalty minutes in 40 games with Kalamazoo in 2013-140. The Upsalla, Sweden, native began the year with the Comets and appeared in six games, without recording a point, before he was reassigned to Kalamazoo on Oct. 29.

Last year, Blomstrand split the season with the AHL Chicago Wolves and Sweden-1 Djurgardens IF Stockholm. The 6’1”, 198-pound forward registered two points (1-1-2) and 2 penalty minutes in eight games with the Wolves.

Blomstrand was selected by Vancouver in the fourth round (#120 overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

A decent pick for the 4th round, he looked like he might show something it the AHL but has yet to do so. Projected more as a solid 3rd liner, he'll have some work to get there and hopefully he can do that while with the Comets and help them get into the playoffs.

Archived