The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

I'm not going to make any assumptions about this kid until he plays in a higher league (SEL, Finland, AHL, etc)

The thing is, I don't technically consider the Allsvenskan a lower level league than the SEL, like the AHL to the NHL. They're all essentially at the same level, just the best of them play in the SEL and the worst of them play in the Allsvenskan. Both leagues essentially function as one relegation/elevation league, whereby the worst two teams (avelanch can verify this) in the SEL at the end of the season are relegated to the Allsvenskan and the two best teams in the Allsvenskan are elevated to the SEL.

Of course, the level of play is a bit better in the SEL simply because there are better teams but the difference between the two isn't as pronounced as the difference between the AHL and NHL, which are two completely different leagues on completely different levels.

That being said, I obviously would like to see Blomstrand and his team elevated to the SEL so we can see how he performs against better teams.

It was a battle of Canucks prospects today as Ludwig Blomstrand and Almtuna IS took on Pathrik Vesterholm and BIK Karlskoga in Allsvenskan league action today. Karlskoga won the game 4-3 in OT.

Blomstrand had an eventful game, as he scored a powerplay goal and added an assist and also received a penalty shot attempt, which was stopped by Karlskoga goalie Joel Gistedt. He fired 5 shots on net and had an even rating and also picked up 2 PIMS. Unfortunately, his penalty in OT resulted in the winning powerplay goal for BIK Karlskoga

Looks like Blomstrand had a bit of a tough outing, although can't say for sure because I didn't watch, as he went scoreless for Almtuna with no shots, a -2 rating and 2 PIMS in a 3-2 loss to Leksands IF.

Oh well, he's been hot lately. Nothing to see here.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived