The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

Just so everyone knows, the Allsvenskan is not exactly a great league. This years top 3 scoring leaders consisted of AHL rejects Evan McGrath, Jared Aulin, and Matt Fornatano.

I'd expect Ludwig to compete for an AHL job next year if he decides to come over, but he's quite a ways away from making a push for the NHL.

Just so everyone knows, the Allsvenskan is not exactly a great league. This years scoring leaders consisted of AHL rejects Evan McGrath, Jared Aulin, and Matt Fornatano.

I'd expect Ludwig to compete for an AHL job next year if he decides to come over, but he's quite a ways away from making a push for the NHL.

The leading scorers in the SEL were Bud Holloway, Carl Soderberg, Joakim Lindstrom

The leading scorers in the SEL were Bud Holloway, Carl Soderberg, Joakim Lindstrom

The SEL isn't really a phenomenal league either.

Soderberg is widely regarded as one of the best players in that league, and he's expected to be a 3rd liner for the Bruins when he comes over.

Just so everyone knows, the Allsvenskan is not exactly a great league. This years top 3 scoring leaders consisted of AHL rejects Evan McGrath, Jared Aulin, and Matt Fornatano.

Blomstrand's attributes aren't in his offensive game anyways though. He's a feisty two way checker that can skate like the wind.

It's his hustle that will earn him a spot on the Wolves. And hopefully in time he will develop his offensive game, much like Hansen did.

The SEL isn't really a phenomenal league either.

Soderberg is widely regarded as one of the best players in that league, and he's expected to be a 3rd liner for the Bruins when he comes over.

The point was - the players that are leading the league are older players.

Should we write off Jensen because he didn't lead the league? Same argument for Blomstrand.... these two are 20 years old and JUST starting to play against men....

The point was - the players that are leading the league are older players.

Should we write off Jensen because he didn't lead the league? Same argument for Blomstrand.... these two are 20 years old and JUST starting to play against men....

I said he would compete for an AHL job, how is that writing him off? Especially since, as you said, he is just 20 years old.

I was just stating the Allsvenskan wasn't exactly a quality league, and if run-of-the-mill AHL talent like Matt Fornataro can dominate, then that proves that.

Peter Andersson got send down to the Allsevenkan league the year before playing for the Wolves and didn't exactly dominate (6 points in 30 games) but this season he has had a solid rookie campaign, pushing himself above Sauve and Polasek on the depth chart.

It would be nice to see Blomstrand come in and do the same, maybe a 20-25 point rookie campaign with some physical play? Hansen scored 12 goals 34 points as an AHL rookie.

Peter Andersson got send down to the Allsevenkan league the year before playing for the Wolves and didn't exactly dominate (6 points in 30 games) but this season he has had a solid rookie campaign, pushing himself above Sauve and Polasek on the depth chart.

It would be nice to see Blomstrand come in and do the same, maybe a 20-25 point rookie campaign with some physical play? Hansen scored 12 goals 34 points as an AHL rookie.

That would definitely be nice but right now it's hard to make projections l, for myself anyways, cause we don't know where the kids will play next year (which AHL affliate) and of Arniel will still be coaching. I really hope we replace arniel

Awesome as we continue to be the soft nice team to play against

Lain and Blomstrand are not exactly soft, if that's what you're trying to get at...

Stupid racist man is stupid racist

I'll try to give "Chuck in the Truck" the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he's actually being sincere?

He could be saying that this signing is "awesome" because, unlike many players on the current roster (in Chuck's opinion, that is), Blomstrand plays a game that is neither "soft" nor "nice." He's arguably grittier than many of the Canucks' recent North American draft picks and having him in the system improves the team's depth in the toughness and physicality department.

Maybe "Chuck" actually thinks this is a step in the right direction? Could be the case, right? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived