The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

Guest Dasein

He most likely won't make Sweden's WJC team this season, but will probably make it the following season as a 19 year old as a role player on the 3rd/4th line.

If he makes it this year, we've got a real gem here people. He won't make it as a scoring player, but as a role player. If he can crack Sweden's U20 team at 18 as a role player, beating out his 19 & 20 year old competitions, it means that this kid has a heck of a talent skating, hitting, checking - a young Jannik Hansen, but better.

EDIT: Not trying to over-hype this kid. His potentials are really low (bottom 6 role player), but he is almost guaranteed to reach them. It's important to have great role players, and he might become one some day.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Been up with the big club for 4 games this year, but got 0 minutes in one game, 27 seconds in another, 46 seconds in another, and 8 minutes in one of them.

His game is not so much scoring but he has 3 assists in 7 games in his regular league of SuperElit.

That has to be so frustrating.

A kid has 3 A in 7 Games and they're averaging less than 2 min a game? He's playing with grown men and producing at a wonderful level considering his time and they're not playing him? Man I feel sorry for him..

No. He is averaging that time in the 4 games he played with the big club (Djurgardens - SEL). He has 3A in 7G playing for his regular club (Djurgardens J20 - SuperElit)

• 4 months later...

Ludwig's been playing in the Elitserien, he has 1 assist in 18 games and 4 penalty minutes. Looks like he's been playing on the 4th line and seeing as he had 11g 10 a 21p in 27 games playing in the SuperElit, I'd say he's had a pretty good season. Has the potential to become a great roleplayer like Hansen, albeit more physical and less skilled offensively.

*Also bumping the thread back into existence*

Ludwig's been playing in the Elitserien, he has 1 assist in 18 games and 4 penalty minutes. Looks like he's been playing on the 4th line and seeing as he had 11g 10 a 21p in 27 games playing in the SuperElit, I'd say he's had a pretty good season. Has the potential to become a great roleplayer like Hansen, albeit more physical and less skilled offensively.

*Also bumping the thread back into existence*

Thanks for the update. It's much easier to get results for Canucks prospects in North America. Tidbits on European prospects are usually few and far between, probably because the Euro league sites are a headache to navigate and understand. Appreciate it.

Thanks for the update. It's much easier to get results for Canucks prospects in North America. Tidbits on European prospects are usually few and far between, probably because the Euro league sites are a headache to navigate and understand. Appreciate it.

Yeah, no problem. I was bored so I went through and checked in on all of our prospects over the last hour or so and I noticed that his thread hasn't been used since October so I made a small update. Also, use EliteProspects for our Euro prospects, it's quite headache free actually haha.

• 5 months later...

Blomstrand scored 2 goals today in Djurgardens IF's 5-4 win over Brynas in European trophy play.

If this guy can figure out his offensive game, he could be a real sleeper pick ala Jannik Hansen. He already has the wheels, grit and determination to be a solid role player. Add some offense and this guy could be a great player.

Guest Dasein

6'1" 198lb 19-year-old LW/RW with great speed and tenacity.

We hear about his size, speed and his work ethic, but what about his hockey sense? How good of a player is he defensively - does he read plays well? My hope is that he can develop into an excellent 2-way shutdown winger with some offensive upside - something of a winger version of Sammy Pahlsson.

6'1" 198lb 19-year-old LW/RW with great speed and tenacity.

We hear about his size, speed and his work ethic, but what about his hockey sense? How good of a player is he defensively - does he read plays well? My hope is that he can develop into an excellent 2-way shutdown winger with some offensive upside - something of a winger version of Sammy Pahlsson.

That's his game, he's a defense first, grind it out guy who compares quite well to a bigger Hansen with more grit and less scoring. I'm excited about him and hearing that he scored 2 goals excites me a lot!

Imagine this guy and Mallet turn out to their max potential? Not a bad draft, but that's a big if.

Yeah that would be awesome! Although they were drafted a year apart, I agree with you. I'm really excited about the 2011 draft class, I think Jensen, Corrado, LaBate, Blomstrand, Grenier, and Tommernes (and maybe Honzik, I want to see him work harder this year though) all have a shot at the big leagues, no matter what role.

Archived