186 replies to this topic

#61 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

Blomstrand scored Almtuna's only goal in a 4-1 loss to Mora IK today. He had 2 shots on goal and was even on the night.

#62 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

Blomstrand scored another two goals today for Almtuna in a 4-3 loss to Djurgardens IF. He had two shots on net and an even rating.

#63 logic

logic

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,550 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:58 PM

I doubt he'll ever see NHL time, probably stay in Europe
Posted Image

#64 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I doubt he'll ever see NHL time, probably stay in Europe

I wouldn't be surprised if he sees AHL time next season.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#65 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:25 PM

I'm not going to make any assumptions about this kid until he plays in a higher league (SEL, Finland, AHL, etc)

#66 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'm not going to make any assumptions about this kid until he plays in a higher league (SEL, Finland, AHL, etc)

The thing is, I don't technically consider the Allsvenskan a lower level league than the SEL, like the AHL to the NHL. They're all essentially at the same level, just the best of them play in the SEL and the worst of them play in the Allsvenskan. Both leagues essentially function as one relegation/elevation league, whereby the worst two teams (avelanch can verify this) in the SEL at the end of the season are relegated to the Allsvenskan and the two best teams in the Allsvenskan are elevated to the SEL.

Of course, the level of play is a bit better in the SEL simply because there are better teams but the difference between the two isn't as pronounced as the difference between the AHL and NHL, which are two completely different leagues on completely different levels.

That being said, I obviously would like to see Blomstrand and his team elevated to the SEL so we can see how he performs against better teams.

#67 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

Would like to see him come over next year. I think he's ready for the NA game with his speed and size and defensive ability.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#68 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

I like the sounds of this kid lately. He's been scoring and being a leader, after being a fourth round pick that's good. I'm a big fan of Hansen so if he turns out like him Gradin does it again.
Posted Image

#69 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Blomstrand had no points, 2 shots on net and a -1 rating for Almtuna in a 3-2 OT loss to VIK Vasteras HK earlier today.

#70 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:49 PM

It was a battle of Canucks prospects today as Ludwig Blomstrand and Almtuna IS took on Pathrik Vesterholm and BIK Karlskoga in Allsvenskan league action today. Karlskoga won the game 4-3 in OT.

Blomstrand had an eventful game, as he scored a powerplay goal and added an assist and also received a penalty shot attempt, which was stopped by Karlskoga goalie Joel Gistedt. He fired 5 shots on net and had an even rating and also picked up 2 PIMS. Unfortunately, his penalty in OT resulted in the winning powerplay goal for BIK Karlskoga

#71 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Of note: Blomstrand has 11 goals and 3 assists in 19 games since being traded to Almtuna and given 1st line ice time and it's not like he's doing it on a stacked team, as Almtuna is the 2nd worst team in the Allsvenskan league.

#72 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

I like the sounds of this kid lately. He's been scoring and being a leader, after being a fourth round pick that's good. I'm a big fan of Hansen so if he turns out like him Gradin does it again.

Sounds like Gradin's doing it again! :)

#73 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I wouldn't only not be surprised to see him on the Wolves now, I want to see him there next season. Everything I've heard and read indicates that he'd benefit on smaller ice and would be more effective.

I love the 2011 draft

Blue Team

#74 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:58 PM

Looks like Blomstrand had a bit of a tough outing, although can't say for sure because I didn't watch, as he went scoreless for Almtuna with no shots, a -2 rating and 2 PIMS in a 3-2 loss to Leksands IF.

Oh well, he's been hot lately. Nothing to see here.

#75 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Sounds like Gradin's doing it again! :)

I know It's great to see him get the lower picks correctly, scouting and potential accounts for lots with our team.
Posted Image

#76 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Blomstrand had an assist, 2 shots on goal and a +1 rating for Almtuna in a 4-3 shootout loss to Orebro HK. He also had an opportunity in the shootout but his shot was stopped.

#77 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Blomstrand had zeroes across the board - no points, no shots, nothing - yesterday for Almtuna in a 2-0 loss to Karlskrona HK.

#78 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Blomstrand registered an assist and added 3 shots on goal, 4 PIMS and a +2 rating for Almtuna in a 4-2 loss to Asploven HC yesterday.

#79 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Blomstrand had no points, no shots and a -1 rating for Almtuna yesterday in a 2-1 win over Tingsryds AIF.

#80 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:43 AM

European hockey sounds tough

Posted Image

#81 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:33 AM

European hockey sounds tough

It'll be even tougher in NA.

#82 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,537 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:49 PM

Haven't payed much attention to him, but it sounds pretty good from what I have read in here, hopefully he comes over next year so we can get a better look at him.

zackass.png

#83 pibroch

pibroch

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 09:57 PM

It'll be even tougher in NA.

Aren't Swedish leagues notoriously hard to score on? I mean AHL has better players (AHL allstars> SEL allstars), but for an individual it is easier to score in the AHL. At least that's what I always thought, I could definitely, 100%, be wrong though.

#84 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

Aren't Swedish leagues notoriously hard to score on? I mean AHL has better players (AHL allstars> SEL allstars), but for an individual it is easier to score in the AHL. At least that's what I always thought, I could definitely, 100%, be wrong though.

I wouldn't say notoriously hard, it's just a different game over there. The larger ice surface makes it so that play can be much more creative and players need speed and stamina to cover the entire ice. Defending is much more difficult in that sense. I think Blomstrand will succeed more on the smaller ice because he has speed and tenacity, but it will be downplayed in Sweden, because those assets are required to play a chippy game over there. When he comes over to the AHL, his speed will be on showcase because of how much tighter the play is, he'll probably be flying out there for the first bit.

Blue Team

#85 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

I don't think it's harder to score, it's just lower scoring as they only seem to give 1 assist per goal. But the increased physical play and less space to make plays is a challenge for many Europeans when they come over. Still though, he's got the size and speed to handle the smaller rinks so hopefully it isn't too big of a gap.

#86 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 PM

Blomstrand had no points, 1 shot on net and an even rating for Almtuna today in a 4-2 win over the Malmo Redhawks.

Looks like Blomstrand is really cooling off.

#87 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

Blomstrand continued his ice cold streak today, with no points, 1 shot on goal and an even rating for Almtuna in a 2-1 OT loss to IF Troja/Ljungby today. He won 5 of 7 faceoffs.

#88 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

Zeroes across the board for Blomstrand in Almtuna's 3-1 win over IK Oskarshamn a couple days ago. He won 5 of 8 faceoffs, though.

Despite his cold streak, he's still been skating on the 1st line so lack of opportunity isn't an excuse here for his poor production of late. He just needs to pick it up, plain and simple.

#89 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:10 PM

Blomstrand picked up an assist and had 3 shots on net and a +1 rating for Almtuna in a 4-3 OT loss to Sodertalje SK today.

#90 rb4u

rb4u

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:47 AM

Keeping prospects in the SEL to develop is one thing. Having them sit the pine does nothing IMHO.
Why not move him to the AHL and get used to the NA game and develop with proper ice time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.