231 replies to this topic

#151 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:57 PM

Posted this in the Lain thread, figured I'd post it here too. Blomstrand's here in Vancouver, along with Kellan Lain - taking in tonight's game as well as tomorrow's before heading off to Chicago.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#152 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:05 AM

Peter Andersson got send down to the Allsevenkan league the year before playing for the Wolves and didn't exactly dominate (6 points in 30 games) but this season he has had a solid rookie campaign, pushing himself above Sauve and Polasek on the depth chart.

It would be nice to see Blomstrand come in and do the same, maybe a 20-25 point rookie campaign with some physical play? Hansen scored 12 goals 34 points as an AHL rookie.
Sig too big.

#153 Phamda

Phamda

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 04:45 AM

Peter Andersson got send down to the Allsevenkan league the year before playing for the Wolves and didn't exactly dominate (6 points in 30 games) but this season he has had a solid rookie campaign, pushing himself above Sauve and Polasek on the depth chart.

It would be nice to see Blomstrand come in and do the same, maybe a 20-25 point rookie campaign with some physical play? Hansen scored 12 goals 34 points as an AHL rookie.

That would definitely be nice but right now it's hard to make projections l, for myself anyways, cause we don't know where the kids will play next year (which AHL affliate) and of Arniel will still be coaching. I really hope we replace arniel

#154 Chuck in the Truck

Chuck in the Truck

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:11 AM

Awesome as we continue to be the soft nice team to play against

#155 zoner.

zoner.

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

POPULAR

Lain and Blomstrand are not exactly soft, if that's what you're trying to get at...
Posted Image

#156 kassian 09

kassian 09

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

Stupid racist man is stupid racist

#157 KeslerBEAST

KeslerBEAST

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:02 AM

Posted this in the Lain thread, figured I'd post it here too. Blomstrand's here in Vancouver, along with Kellan Lain - taking in tonight's game as well as tomorrow's before heading off to Chicago.

Posted Image

is that kassian on the left

#158 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:40 AM

1.) that's not racist....that's being a stereotype....
2.) the bunch of words you put together don't even make a sentence so are you sure you want to be using the word 'stupid'

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#159 SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Lain and Blomstrand are not exactly soft, if that's what you're trying to get at...

I'll try to give "Chuck in the Truck" the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he's actually being sincere?

He could be saying that this signing is "awesome" because, unlike many players on the current roster (in Chuck's opinion, that is), Blomstrand plays a game that is neither "soft" nor "nice." He's arguably grittier than many of the Canucks' recent North American draft picks and having him in the system improves the team's depth in the toughness and physicality department.

Maybe "Chuck" actually thinks this is a step in the right direction? Could be the case, right? ;)

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME, 22 March 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#160 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,654 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Chicago Wolves@Chicago_Wolves3m

GOAL! Ludwig Blomstrand makes it 2-0 Wolves at 2:53 in the first period

#161 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:14 PM

Chicago Wolves ‏@Chicago_Wolves3m

GOAL! Ludwig Blomstrand makes it 2-0 Wolves at 2:53 in the first period

wooooo!. Are u watching?

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck The Sig lord

ezgif-714024022.gif

#162 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:11 PM

I'll try to give "Chuck in the Truck" the benefit of the doubt here. Maybe he's actually being sincere?

He could be saying that this signing is "awesome" because, unlike many players on the current roster (in Chuck's opinion, that is), Blomstrand plays a game that is neither "soft" nor "nice." He's arguably grittier than many of the Canucks' recent North American draft picks and having him in the system improves the team's depth in the toughness and physicality department.

Maybe "Chuck" actually thinks this is a step in the right direction? Could be the case, right? ;)

I thought he meant awesome as in we are finally getting some toughness into the system, not a sarcastic "awesome" referring to Blomstrand as a soft player.
Sig too big.

#163 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:39 PM

Really nice goal, one of the dmen shot it off the boards behind the net and he tapped it in on the other side of the net. Quick hands and quick feet, from his Swedish highlights he looks like Hansen's feet Higgin's hands, Manny's body.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#164 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 12:22 AM

is that kassian on the left

Yep. Now all 3 are on the Wolves! :D
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#165 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

I thought he had one of the better performances in the tournament. I noticed him a fair bit.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#166 Plum

Plum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,401 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Reminds me of Hansen and a bit of Burrows.

Kevin Fiala will be a star.

#167 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:40 PM

Blomstrand scored today for Kalamazoo, has a goal and an assist in two games since being sent down.

#168 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,230 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:49 PM

Tyson Giuriato @TysonGiuriato
#Canucks prospect Ludwig Blomstrand had a goal and a team-high five shots in the @KalamazooWings 3-2 shootout win this morning.

If he keeps this up he could find his way back into the AHL. Good to see him doing well since he looks like he has promise when he plays.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#169 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:44 PM

STOKED, Can't wait for BLOM BOMBS at the Rog in a few years.
Cassels

#170 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

This is exactly what the Canucks wanted to happen when they re-assigned Blomstrand, get him playing lots of minutes in Kalamazoo and producing. Hopefully he can bounce back to the AHL soon, the same way guys like Archibald and Grenier have after being in the ECHL for extended periods of time.

#171 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 25,985 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:03 PM

This is a good route for him to take I think. He needs to work on his offensive game so that he doesn't become a one dimensional checker.

2010 3rd round pick Kirill Kabanov is doing the exact same thing right now. You remember the guy that half the board wanted us to trade up to the second round to draft? :lol:

Stanislav Galiev is also in the ECHL right now doing the same thing.

Not bad for Blomstand to be in the same position as a couple 2010 3rd round picks. I think a season in the ECHL, and then another couple in the AHL and hopefully he'll be ready to take some fourth line duties.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#172 Psycho_Path

Psycho_Path

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,871 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:41 PM

I'm surprised Galiev is in the ECHL as he seemed to have a pretty decent preseason for Washington (mind you I only watched him in that one game against the Jets).
Posted Image

#173 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:01 PM

2 Goals for Blomer this weekend. 4G 1A in 10 games, first pro season in NA that's not too bad.
Cassels

#174 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

another goal for Blomstrand today, 5-1-6 in 11 games so far and now on a three game goal streak.

#175 stonecoldstevebernier

stonecoldstevebernier

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 17 March 2014 - 10:06 PM

Blomstrand has 2-5-7 and a +9 rating in the six games since he returned from injury. Looks like he's finding his stride!

#176 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,230 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 04:11 PM

Good to hear. I had some decent hopes he's find a solid game on the smaller rinks and contribute as a solid bottom 6 player some day.

#177 Fred65

Fred65

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

I think a season in the ECHL, and then another couple in the AHL and hopefully he'll be ready to take some fourth line duties.

Man there seems like a lot of 4th liners in the Vcr prospect ranks  :lol:

#178 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,230 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 01:37 PM

Utica Comets ‏@UticaComets  18m

The Vancouver Canucks have reassigned Ludwig Blomstrand to the #Comets. Release: http://www.uticacomets.com/?p=2714 

Utica Comets Director of Hockey Operations Pat Conacher announced today that the Canucks have re-assigned left wing Ludwig Blomstrand to the AHL Utica Comets from the ECHL Kalamazoo Wings.

Bloomstrand, 21, has recorded 23 points (12-11-23) and 12 penalty minutes in 40 games with Kalamazoo in 2013-140. The Upsalla, Sweden, native began the year with the Comets and appeared in six games, without recording a point, before he was reassigned to Kalamazoo on Oct. 29.

Last year, Blomstrand split the season with the AHL Chicago Wolves and Sweden-1 Djurgardens IF Stockholm. The 6’1”, 198-pound forward registered two points (1-1-2) and 2 penalty minutes in eight games with the Wolves.

Blomstrand was selected by Vancouver in the fourth round (#120 overall) in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

A decent pick for the 4th round, he looked like he might show something it the AHL but has yet to do so. Projected more as a solid 3rd liner, he'll have some work to get there and hopefully he can do that while with the Comets and help them get into the playoffs.

#179 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:53 PM

i guess he's been pretty hot for the k-wings lately. Utica will need him and others to step up with stuart being out.

#180 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,456 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:31 PM

Stoked for Blomer! He has worked hard and battled injuries in Kzoo this year. Nice for him to know that his work isn't going unnoticed by the organization. Essentially He's the Jensen of the K wings.

Cassels

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.