The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ludwig Blomstrand | LW

b3.

the jist of it is that Blomstrand signed a 3-year ELC last night, and is flying over today or tomorrow.

Yes. To play in the AHL. Probably, he says. Thought the contract offer was "unlikely" according to the paper without actually providing any context to the one-word quote. All he knows about the deal is that it is three years. He just took it, being a boyhood dream and all.

I'm assuming the "Unlikely" in the article refers to the chances of him going straight to the Canucks. Something along the lines of, Blomstrand has signed with the Canucks, his chances of making the NHL right away are unlikely, and he will probably join their AHL team. The article seems to go from signing with the Canucks, to the word unlikely randomly appearing, to talking about the AHL, so thats my conclusion.

Good for Ludwig, I'm excited for him to come over and to see what he can do.

Happy to hear he's signed. One more prospect in the fold. Problem is, the AHL and ECHL are getting over-stocked. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

And where might that Farm team be next season ? Chicago hasn't really worked to well or so it seems

So glad that our primary sports radio station usually has no idea what they are talking about.

No kidding. Embarrassing.

If anyone from the Team 1040 is reading this, get your sh** together, please, and get yourselves at least as educated as us message board folks on Canucks prospects. It's an area that fans are becoming increasingly interested in. Same goes for the people at the Province or Sun. I mean, I have the Ducks beat writer on my twitter and he's on every prospect signing and every so often provides updates on prospects. This is a writer from a California market. What excuse do media personalities from a hockey mad Vancouver market have?

And where might that Farm team be next season ? Chicago hasn't really worked to well or so it seems

I was talking about the rest of this season for now. Hopefully next season the Canucks switch affiliations or take ownership of one so that it can be more hospitable to their prospects.

This was out of the blue signing.

Maybe MG might have a deal involving some prospects and he is reassuring his depth with other signing of his draftees.

Or ya know, he might have taken note of Blomstrands excellent play post trade. He has a higher gpg than Filip Forsberg. We'll be taking a few useless contracts off the books this offseason in Rai, Schneider and Gordon

2012-13 stats_arrow.gif Djurgården J20 stats_arrow.gif SuperElit 7 2 1 3 0 -1 | stats_arrow.gif Djurgården stats_arrow.gif Allsvenskan 14 0 0 0 8 -1 | stats_arrow.gif Almtuna stats_arrow.gif Allsvenskan 30 13 6 19 12 2 |

Tournament Statistics 2011-12 stats_arrow.gif Djurgården stats_arrow.gif ET 2 0 0 0 0 | 2012-13 stats_arrow.gif Djurgården stats_arrow.gif ET 6 3 0 3 4 |

I am confused, did he start the year Almtuna then get traded back to Djurgarden? He has spent his career with Djurgarden.

His number with Almtuna are excellent. Kopitar scored 10 goals in 31 games.

Either way good move. I can see him being a Jordan Nolan type player for us.

i believe the 6 games where he had three goals this season was in a pre season euro tournament they were involved in.

Does anyone have a realistic comparison of what the allsvenskan is like compared to college hockey or juniors? I really haven't been able to figure out what the skill level there is, or what the drop of is from the SEL.

i believe the 6 games where he had three goals this season was in a pre season euro tournament they were involved in.

Does anyone have a realistic comparison of what the allsvenskan is like compared to college hockey or juniors? I really haven't been able to figure out what the skill level there is, or what the drop of is from the SEL.

The Allsvenskan is to the SEL what the AHL is to the NHL, so since the the SEL is a level down from the NHL, I'd say the Allsvenskan league is a bit of a step down from the AHL. I'm not sure how it would compare to the NCAA. College hockey is just a different beast altogether.

Archived