The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Guest Dasein

Wow, awesome. I'm really eager to see Corrado develop.

Clearly needs to work on his defensive game still, but seems to play with his heart on his sleeve.

• 1 month later...

Also very pleasantly surprised with how well Corrado played tonight.

I noticed him less than I noticed Baumgartner and Parent for all the wrong reasons.

Didn't see a single mistake made by Corrado tonight. That was a great game for him.

I really love watching this kid play. I can't really say that I'm terribly impressed with his toughness because he makes Tanev look physical but it's so entertaining to watch how squirrely he can be with and without the puck. He made a few terrible pinches last game but all the same - very excited to watch him grow.

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks President & General Manager Mike Gillis announced today that the Canucks have signed defenceman Frank Corrado.

Corrado, 18, averaged 20:46 ice time per game, blocked four shots and was +1 through two NHL Pre-Season games played with the Vancouver Canucks in 2011.

The Woodbridge, Ontario native spent the 2010.11 season with the Sudbury Wolves of the Ontario Hockey League, collecting 30 points (4-26-67) in 67 games.

The 6'0", 188-pound defenceman was selected by the Vancouver Canucks in the fifth round, 150th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.

Corrado has been assigned to his junior club, the Sudbury Wolves of the OHL.

http://canucks.nhl.c...s.htm?id=589591

Hard work pays off. MG signed Corrado to an ELC before sending him back to his junior team, the Sudbury Wolves (OHL).

He looked really good playing 20+ minutes against an Oilers team that featured more than half their actual lineup. Very excited to see how this kid progresses this season. He won't make this year's WJC Team Canada, but with a good solid season this year, he could push for a spot on next year's WJC roster IMO.

I caught the Knights/Wolves game tonight and was happy to get to watch a prospect of ours get to play for a while. He actually got in a fight with Jarred Tinordi (first round pick of the Habs... huge defenseman) after Tinordi absolutely leveled another Sudbury player. Frank came in and gave him a bump and looked to be trying to skate back into the play but before he could Tinordi had his gloves off and was pounding away at him. Frank held Jarred off for a while but ended up getting punched literally dozens of times in the head (so many that there was a substantial amount of blood on the ice I THINK that was actually from Tinordi's hand). Corrado actually got the instigator penalty and the Knights went on to win the game 8-2 BUT all the same I thought you all might be interested in hearing about our brave little man standing up to a giant... even if he did go on to regret it afterward.

*Note: I'm incredibly tired so I apologise if any of that was confusing or the spelling and/or grammar was poor*

Archived