The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Not only did he look good offensively, he played so well defensively. He just seems to be positioned well, gets his stick on the puck and doesn't get beat 1 on 1. He was played on the PK and PP. He even threw a couple decent hits. He plays a simple game much like Tanev. But it looks like he's got a good offensive up side.

My 2 cents.

His skating is superb, in my eyes he has more upside than tanev. Looks like a future 2nd pairing dman.

The OHL is where players show their absolute ceiling (usually). It will be interesting to see how he does playing against men. Remember, Tanev become a top prospect playing against men. But yes, pretty good upside. I just hope this is him developing, and not getting used to playing against teenagers.

On the plus side, he's the captain of his team. Bigger than I previously thought (6'1 190 pounds, still needs to put on some weight though). And he plays in all situations and logs over 30 minutes a night (according to his coach).

Corrado actually has a pretty good shot at making Team Canada. The D has 3 locks - Harrington, Murray and Hamilton. After that there's a few guys that could get in. I think the Canadian coaches will look at how good he looked paired with Hamilton in the Super Series and use that to push him ahead of the others. Reilly and Dumba will probably take 2 of the other spots and Ceci, Ouelette, Reinhart or Murphy will take the last spot. I would love to see this D:

Hamilton Corrado

Murray Harrington

Reilly Dumba

Ouelette

Game-winning goal in the Subway Super Series and being +2 in a 2-1 game? He certainly is making a case for himself to be on that 2013 WJC roster, but I still don't see him making it unless the NHL lockout ends soon or injuries to some key players occur.

Obviously the returning 3 (Hamilton, Harrington and Murray) will be locks on this team. I think Ceci will definitely make the team as well because he is physically imposing and offensively talented. As for the offensive defenseman, it will come down to Reilly or Murphy IMO - or we may end up carrying both (doubt it). Then it comes down to Dumba, Reinhart and other notable 2012 draft picks.

Corrado has a place on this team maybe as a calm defensive presence and a leader. In that case, I could see Team Canada opting to go with a far more offensively talented but younger and less experienced Morgan Rielly instead of Ryan Murphy, and pairing him up with Frankie Corrado who will be the stay-at-home defenseman.

I would like to see:

Murray - Hamilton

Harrington - Ceci

Rielly - Corrado

Dumba

But if they do go ahead with Murphy, then it will come down to Ceci vs Corrado IMO for that last spot, and Ceci being the higher draft pic, bigger and better offensively of the two, will take it - unless Team Canada values the intangible leadership and veteran presence that Corrado can bring.

just the fact that frankie is in the picture in a lockout season with all the talent available to team canada is huge for a 5th round pick.

props to the canuck scouts who found him on a horrible sudbury team that really hurt his draft year statistics.

just the fact that frankie is in the picture in a lockout season with all the talent available to team canada is huge for a 5th round pick.

props to the canuck scouts who found him on a horrible sudbury team that really hurt his draft year statistics.

This strategy has been working well for us lately. We've been going after good players on bad teams.

I think Gaunce is a good example of that. He's one of the better players on an bad team. Very underrated.

And with Jensen, he was on a good team, but was overshadowed by alot of other players.

Archived