The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Definetly still a long shot. I think he should get an invite to camp for sure, he has had a great season so far IMO but there are tons of good D-men I would personally rate above him or just as good.

Murray

Reinhart

Dumba

Quellet

Hamilton

Harrington

Ceci

Pouliot

Koekkoek

Rielly

Murphy

As good as Corrado has been, there's 11 Guys right there who might be more worthy of being on the team, alot of competition.

There are a lot of good defenceman in the CHL. There are guys in the O like Percy, Petgrave, Demelo and Subban that are all stellar players and comparable to Corrado. Ekblad is coming on strong as a 16 year old with 16 points and a plus 8. I can't see him making the team. And other than on this forum has anyone actually heard talk of him being on the team?

There are a lot of good defenceman in the CHL. There are guys in the O like Percy, Petgrave, Demelo and Subban that are all stellar players and comparable to Corrado. Ekblad is coming on strong as a 16 year old with 16 points and a plus 8. I can't see him making the team. And other than on this forum has anyone actually heard talk of him being on the team?

in the superseries the announcers were talking about how Corrado was making a case for himself with his stellar play.

Definetly still a long shot. I think he should get an invite to camp for sure, he has had a great season so far IMO but there are tons of good D-men I would personally rate above him or just as good.

Murray

Reinhart

Dumba

Quellet

Hamilton

Harrington

Ceci

Pouliot

Koekkoek

Rielly

Murphy

As good as Corrado has been, there's 11 Guys right there who might be more worthy of being on the team, alot of competition.

I would only put a few of those guys ahead of Corrado. Murray, Ouellet, Hamilton, Harrington and Reilly I think are the guys ahead of him. I think he's ahead of Murphy but the coach will take his player anyway. He's definitely ahead of Koekoek, Ceci and Pouliot.

So if they take 7 dmen, they are looking at (assuming Murray's out): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Ouellet, Murphy and 2 of Corrado, Dumba and Reinhart.

His chances are much greater than you guys a giving him credit.

I would only put a few of those guys ahead of Corrado. Murray, Ouellet, Hamilton, Harrington and Reilly I think are the guys ahead of him. I think he's ahead of Murphy but the coach will take his player anyway. He's definitely ahead of Koekoek, Ceci and Pouliot.

So if they take 7 dmen, they are looking at (assuming Murray's out): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Ouellet, Murphy and 2 of Corrado, Dumba and Reinhart.

His chances are much greater than you guys a giving him credit.

I definetly don't think he is ahead of Ceci & I also think Pouliot is a bit better, but he is possibly better than Koekkoek.

I like him, and I realize how good he is but that's the way team canada is going to do it too.

If it comes down to him and say Koekkoek, and they rate them to be the same, then will probably choose Koekkoek, why? Because he is more recognized.

Team Canada's junior team has a long history of politics and taking the more recognized players. That's another reason I doubt Corrado will be on the team.

Too bad Guance is injured. He'd probably make the team.

Guance is back from his injury. Even without his time missed, he just hasnt been good enough to be seriously considered for a spot. Not in a deep year like this.

As much as we all love what Frankie is doing he is a very long shot to make the team. Even with Murray out there is way too much pedigree and high draft players that will be taken ahead of him.

I think Corrado will get a invite to canadas WJ camp and with hes soild two way game and he had experience playing in russia this year with sudbury. most likely he will be a late cut because the coachs will keep him around to push the other D. he might make the sqaud if he impresses the staff which i think he will and some other D struggle. plus being paired with d hamilton in the ohl vs russia game says alot about his play and he was on the top PP PK d pairings as well

1G 1A -1 against SSM today.

3G 18A on the year in 28 games, I love this guy.

As steady as they come! Can not believe we picked him up in round 5.

I think Corrado will get a invite to canadas WJ camp and with hes soild two way game and he had experience playing in russia this year with sudbury. most likely he will be a late cut because the coachs will keep him around to push the other D. he might make the sqaud if he impresses the staff which i think he will and some other D struggle. plus being paired with d hamilton in the ohl vs russia game says alot about his play and he was on the top PP PK d pairings as well

Corrado was one of the candidates Bob Mackenzie thought could take the last roster spot so it's definitely a possibility. As for playing with Hamilton, in the absence of Murray, Mackenzie thinks Morgan Rielly will get the top pairing spot as he's been lights out since game 1 this season - and he's probably right about that.

At least Corrado made it as a candidate - there was zero mention of Gaunce in the forward section for the WJC piece written...

Archived