The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Corrado was solid, confident, and fluid all night, and looked a lot better than the overrated Matt Dumba.

Reinhart was steady and will probably make the team, so his competition is Ryan Sproul who was also very solid.

Hopefully Corrado makes it, if Ouellet can't go maybe he will be able to land a spot. Or even if they still take Ouellet, maybe he could be a good 7th atleast incase there are concerns with Ouellet's health.

Rielly - Hamilton

Harrington - Murphy

Reinhart - Corrado

Then if Ouellet can go either Reinhart, Murphy or (And most likely) Corrado can slide out.

Went to this game tonight and Corrado definitely made a strong statement with his game tonight.

Assisted on the 1st goal making a solid play in his own zone getting the puck to the forwards and then scored the gwg for team red letting go a good quick released wrist shot from the point .

I watched Corrado closely and thought his speed, positioning, hockey sense and physical play were all strong. Another noticable thing to me is he was very vocal and seems to be a strong leader type.

From what i have seen even though there's already a few big name guys that will be assured a spot on defense but Corrado should still have a real good shot to make the squad.

This is just one game so hopefully he can put in a couple more solid efforts in the games against the Golden Bears. I may check out the game Thursday hopefully he is still on the team for that game.

Way to go Frankie !

I don't know how much of a factor the larger European ice surface is going to affect Team Canada's decision on their squad, but I would imagine that Frankie's mobility and puck-moving ability certainly is suited for this tournament than others who may be bigger and more physical, but slower and therefore can be caught off position more (I don't know if there are any like that at the camp).

Also, it helps that Dumba and Murphy didn't impress while Corrado certainly did.

You can watch the game for free at fasthockey.com, just need to register.

Pouliot-Corrado were the only calm and steady D Pair in that period. Corrado made some solid defensive plays and scored a goal off the rush, beat Brossoit with a hard wrister.

Murphy, Reinhart and Dumba especially have been horrid.

God is he ever making a strong case to be on that team keep it up Corrado!

I honestly don't know how you ignore anyone playing as solid a defensive game as he is while having 2G and 1A so far in this selection camp. Hockey Canada is quite political but Corrado would have to screw up pretty bad to not make it at this point.

I honestly don't know how you ignore anyone playing as solid a defensive game as he is while having 2G and 1A so far in this selection camp. Hockey Canada is quite political but Corrado would have to screw up pretty bad to not make it at this point.

I will be outraged if he doesn't make the cut now

wow if the selection comes down to whos playing the best then no question frankie should be on the team easily (and not just as the extra d-man). at this point if he doesnt make the team its because they wanted to go with a bigger name prospect. damn frankie, looks like the canucks stole a gem in the 5th round

Archived