The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Ever since that pre-season game in Edmonton he's looked like a 1st/2nd rounder. You look at the leafs 25th overall pick 2011, Stuart Percy. I would take Corrado over Percy all day.

That's what the draft is all about though, there are first round talents who get picked late because they haven't developed as fast.

kool lol and who was the last Canuck prospect to play for tell Canada again

Can't tell if serous, or sarcastic...

Anyway, a couple of updates:

@benkuzma: Canucks fifth-round pick Frank Corrado has opened more eyes with two goals in two WJC selection camp outings.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: U of Alberta wins 4-1 over Team CAN. First round of cuts tonight.

We'll have to wait and see if he gets past the first round of cuts but I don't see how he doesn't at least get past that considering his play of late.

I think at this point, Corrado has to play his way off his roster spot that he's earned.

The top 6 for me is Hamilton, Rielly, Harrington, Ouellet, Reinhart and Corrado. 7th man will likely be Murphy for offensive upside.

Kassian played for Canada more recently, 2010 I think. He got suspended for destroying that Rusky.

Before TruCanuck takes too many shots, he/she was referring to a post I had made in another thread, where I asked who was the last Vancouver prospect to play for Team Canada in the WJHC. I didn't count Kassian because he wasn't Canucks property at the time, but I felt pretty sheepish to forget about Hodgson.

how many goals against was he on for?

None. Which is very Chris Tanev like. Their defensive games are pretty similar.

Bob Mckenzie today: "I was really underwhelmed by the performance of most team Canada defense in this game against UofA. The one guy that stood out in a positive way for me, was Frank Corrado of the Sudbury Wolves - Vancouver Canucks 5th round pick. Emerging as a something late bloomer, played in the AHL at end of last season. Has been lights out good in Sudbury. Every time I've seen him on this road to world jrs, he's scores a goal. Subway series, scored a goal. Red white game, scored a goal. Again tonight, scores the only goal. He's got some offensively ability, he skates well, he's got some bite, he knows how to play defense, doesn't overwhelm you in terms of physical domination, but he plays a heavy game and I've been really impressed with him".

Another great article about Corrado: http://hockeynow.ca/posts/42148-canucks-prospect-in-mix-for-canada-s-world-junior-team

Archived