The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

usually they cut more players after the first week, i guess this is part of their lockout protection plan, keep more players around.

great to see frankie giving them a tough decision to cut him.

They are going to make two cuts - today and tomorrow (after the other game against CIS team)

Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington as locks.

Adam Pelech has been cut.

Leaves us with :

Corrado, Dumba, Murphy, Oullette, Pouliot, Reinhart, Sproul, Wotherspoon...... 8 guys trying out for 4 more spots.

I think Murphy makes it as his junior coach is team Canada's coach, and Reinhart and Pouliot make it as higher profile prospects.

Of the remaining 5 ( Corrado, Dumba, Oullette, Sproul, Wotherspoon) Corrado has been playing the best, and receiving the most praise, while Dumba has apparently been noticeable in a very bad way, and Oullette has an ankle injury.

So all in all: Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Reinhart, Pouliot, Corrado, Murphy is my guess.

Leaves us with :

Corrado, Dumba, Murphy, Oullette, Pouliot, Reinhart, Sproul, Wotherspoon...... 8 guys trying out for 4 more spots.

I think Murphy makes it as his junior coach is team Canada's coach, and Reinhart and Pouliot make it as higher profile prospects.

Of the remaining 5 ( Corrado, Dumba, Oullette, Sproul, Wotherspoon) Corrado has been playing the best, and receiving the most praise, while Dumba has apparently been noticeable in a very bad way, and Oullette has an ankle injury.

So all in all: Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Reinhart, Pouliot, Corrado, Murphy is my guess.

Pouliot cut too now.

Gotta think it's Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Reinhart, Corrado, Murphy, and one of Sproul or Wotherspoon.

I'd love to see Wotherspoon make it, I used to play baseball with him and he's a pretty good guy.

Leaves us with :

Pouliot is gone.

Locks (IMO): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Reinhart, Murphy

Down to Corrado, Dumba, Oullette, Sproul, and Wotherspoon.

I think Dumba has played himself out of a spot, so it will come down to Oulette, Sproul, Wotherspoon and Corrado battling it out.

Pouliot is gone.

Locks (IMO): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Reinhart, Murphy

Down to Corrado, Dumba, Oullette, Sproul, and Wotherspoon.

I think Dumba has played himself out of a spot, so it will come down to Oulette, Sproul, Wotherspoon and Corrado battling it out.

TBH, I have never seen Oullette, Sproul, or Wotherspoon play. Anybody know anything about these guys? ( As in which out of the three do you think will make it and why?)

So he has 2 goals 1 assist and he's at least a +3 in 2 games against some of the best kids in Canada. That's very impressive. No wonder he was gillis' only junior call up.

Frank has been awesome for team Canada. After the first two games he definitely deserves a spot on the roster. Hopefully the next while goes well for him and he makes the cut.

TBH, I have never seen Oullette, Sproul, or Wotherspoon play. Anybody know anything about these guys? ( As in which out of the three do you think will make it and why?)

Sproul has a big shot. Put up 20+ goals last year in the OHL, though has only scored 5 this year. 6'4, but only ~200 pounds.

Wotherspoon is more of a shutdown dman, good in front of his own net. Criticized for not being as mobile as other dmen.

i don't know about Oullette...

Ouellet was one of four defensemen who did not play in tonight's game - most people figure these four did not play because they are locks as the top 4.

Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly and Ouellet did not play today.

EDIT: Ouellet also is nursing a sprained ankle apparently but did skate this morning - maybe they rested him today and he will play tomorrow and they will access from his performance tomorrow.

Also, I've never seen Ouellet play.

Sproul has a big shot. Put up 20+ goals last year in the OHL, though has only scored 5 this year. 6'4, but only ~200 pounds.

Wotherspoon is more of a shutdown dman, good in front of his own net. Criticized for not being as mobile as other dmen.

i don't know about Oullette...

Skates better than Dumba I'll tell you that much..

Bob McKenzie thinks Ouelett is a lock, so I think it's safe to say he plays a pretty solid game.

Ryan Sproul is going to be the toughest competition for Corrado. He's a pretty well rounded defenseman from the sounds of it.

Dumba and Wotherspoon can be beaten out. They haven't done anything to be chosen over Corrado.

Archived