The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Cheering against Canada because one of our prospects didn't picked is beyond extreme...you cheer for the Maple Leaf, not the name on the back of the sweater. Yikes.

Tells you who are actual hockey fans and who are just Canuck fans, people who don't watch just cause a Canuck prospect isn't on the team are ???? retarded

See i wouldn't have been so disturbed by the thought Corrado being cut plainly for the fact other players were better than him...but that isn't even the case. Corrado flatly outplayed all the Defensemen in this selection camp. Even in the Subway Series, he was a very good Dman and nearly outplayed others except for Dougie Hamilton. Thats bothering me is that Corrado played his heart out and outshined a lot of the first round picks such as Dumba (who was cut), Reinhart, and Murphy yet was released due to a numbers game, bias opinions or whatever people are calling it.

I still would be upset that Corrado got released, but at least I'd be at peace knowing there were other better players ahead of him...certainly that isn't what it is in this particular situation.

See i wouldn't have been so disturbed by the thought Corrado being cut plainly for the fact other players were better than him...but that isn't even the case. Corrado flatly outplayed all the Defensemen in this selection camp.

Thats bothering me is that Corrado played his heart out and outshined a lot of the first round picks such as Dumba (who was cut), Reinhart, and Murphy yet was released due to a numbers game, bias opinions or whatever people are calling it.

I still would be upset that Corrado got released, but at least I'd be at peace knowing there were other better players ahead of him...certainly that isn't what it is in this particular situation.

Exactly how I feel, I still love our team and hope our boys can bring back gold. I just feel that I might have a tough time being as passionate as usual knowing that Corrado got screwed. (Atleast he did IMO)

I Live in Sudbury and have season tickets so I'd say I know a thing or two about Corrado. I think his last game vs Erie sums up his work. He is a beast. You want him on the pp because he moves the puck so well. You want him on the pk because he is a wall. He outworks, outmuscles, and outsmarts his opponents. You want him to play that last 5 minutes because he can shut down 5 guys.

The last 5 minutes of that Erie game I saw him outwork the forwards in the corner to clear the puck, block shots, clear guys out of his goalie's crease. Get punched in the mouth and be the one to tell his team to calm down when he could have gotten into a fight. He was a one man team on the ice.

Frankie provides something the team needs. True leadership on the back end. He is that calming prescence that lets your offense do it's thing.

I say all this and I am not a Wolves fan at all. Watching them play is like watching Toronto I can't do it. I am there to watch the other team. In spite of that Corrado always stands out.

I have a bad feeling about the defense this year. Murphy was the wrong pick. No need for him with Reilly and Hamilton.

I Live in Sudbury and have season tickets so I'd say I know a thing or two about Corrado. I think his last game vs Erie sums up his work. He is a beast. You want him on the pp because he moves the puck so well. You want him on the pk because he is a wall. He outworks, outmuscles, and outsmarts his opponents. You want him to play that last 5 minutes because he can shut down 5 guys.

The last 5 minutes of that Erie game I saw him outwork the forwards in the corner to clear the puck, block shots, clear guys out of his goalie's crease. Get punched in the mouth and be the one to tell his team to calm down when he could have gotten into a fight. He was a one man team on the ice.

Frankie provides something the team needs. True leadership on the back end. He is that calming prescence that lets your offense do it's thing.

I say all this and I am not a Wolves fan at all. Watching them play is like watching Toronto I can't do it. I am there to watch the other team. In spite of that Corrado always stands out.

I have a bad feeling about the defense this year. Murphy was the wrong pick. No need for him with Reilly and Hamilton.

Wow, sounds like we really have a gem.

I think it came down to one thing only. Team Canada was looking for one offensive defenseman and it came down to either taking Corrado or Murphy. Murphy is coached by Steve Spott in Kitchener so he had an advantage heading into the camp. I live in Calgary and watched the 2 games and tryout, Corrado was one of the better d-men out there. Murphy has amazing offense, his biggest knock is if he is capable of playing D, Spott said so himself that he believes in Murphy, he just needs to get everyone else to believe in him too.

This added advantage for Murphy helped him get onto the team. Don't get me wrong, I think he belongs on it, but I think Corrado outplayed the others. It all comes down to what role he would be meant to play. It sucks that Corrado got cut, but it won't stop me from waking up at 1am on Boxing Day and wear my Canada jersey.

Cheering against Canada because one of our prospects didn't picked is beyond extreme...you cheer for the Maple Leaf, not the name on the back of the sweater. Yikes.

Exactly, a lot of heads need to be shook.

I don't watch the WJCs to see my country win, that's what the Olympics are for to me. I watch it to see young, deserving players play their hearts out for their countries, regardless of which ones they may be from.

I never really cheer for any particular country and was only joking. Sorry if anyone took it as it wasn't intended.

Don't worry, Duncan Keith got cut too because he wasn't "physical enough"...but he was good enough to win a stanley cup and and a gold medal in the olympics. Go figure. Watched Keith play all through junior and had to laugh when they cut him. Some of these junior coaches and scouts are clueless at differentiating skill sets. Frankie is a victim of this same problem. Kudos to the Nucks for drafting this guy under the radar. That is assessing skill.

cool story bro, go cheer against Canada because Corrado isn't on the team

More like is hard to cheer for Canada when they don't look at who performed well at the selection camp and instead went and chose players that under-performed. As a Canadian, I will cheer for the Canadian team as much as the next Canadian. But I really hope that goaltending and defense will not be the reason why we failed to win gold at this year's tournament.

Archived