The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Thanks for posting^ Was looking for it earlier and it wasn't wast posted on Team1040.ca at the time.

So glad we have this guy, so class and humble, knows he played well and as he said is focused on making the NHL, hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

As a kid still in the OHL, I'm sure Frankie (like most other players) frequently wondered if he was good enough to make the NHL. His draft position likely made him question that even more. Now, after showing up a lot of seriously talented players, I think he's got the confidence to be damn good in a couple years.

As a kid still in the OHL, I'm sure Frankie (like most other players) frequently wondered if he was good enough to make the NHL. His draft position likely made him question that even more. Now, after showing up a lot of seriously talented players, I think he's got the confidence to be damn good in a couple years.

Yeah I agree, I could see him as a good #3 in the NHL someday to be perfectly honest. He has the drive and tons of tools, all he has done is impress & get better since day one in our organization.

Really excited once this kid makes the big club, great pick.

Couple of things from that interview that I liked, and perhaps reading too much into the kid but don't think so given how far he's come in such a short period.

1. He knows he can compete with the best young players in Canada. I am sure he had confidence before, but this may just give him that extra inch he'll need when it comes time.

2. Thankful to all those who tweeted and supported - humble

3. Life lesson 'Life isn't always fair' - Motivation, focus when its going to really matter. We make it back to the cup one day and if he's on that team (which I have a feeling as I said, this kid is going to wear a letter on the Canucks one day) he will remember this.

It's funny, everyone thought the loss of CoHo meant we lost our Linden. I have a weird feeling (and people I understand will say way to early etc, but I have watched alot of this kid on TV and watched his development since drafted) that we may just have found the "real next Linden". He has all the qualities in a leader.

a. He has come from being average to a potential top teir player (you don't get an invite to the camp unless you're one of the top 30 players in the best hockey country in the world, and he should be on that team, so he's really a top 22).

b. Key there is the development. Just like a Burrows, etc, when you come from 'earning' it vs. naturally 'having it' (and yes all players do earn but at younger ages there is often a natural ability that separates - those who work hard with natural abilities turn into greats, those with natural abilities who don't work hard flop, and sometimes those with decent abilities with terrific heart and determination, turn into greats as well).

c. He is already the captain of this junior team which shows he has the intangibles.

d. Players who work as hard as he does, set an example for the rest of the team, they see a guy with decent talent that has worked himself into being an upper echelon player (at least in junior thus far), that is a guy players will follow, will listen to, because he's in the trenches working his tail off. = Character and drive, heart.

e. Every Canuck captain if you look back in history has been like that (at least since I've watched). Smyl, small in stature, HUGE in heart, boy did he bring it every night. Linden, good skills, heart of a lion. Nazzy, came from high expectations to confidence issues, to rebuilding from nothing and turning into a star, worked at it. Henrik started on the 3rd line and improved every year. A consistent trait amongst all these guys was not above average skill sets vis a vis NHL peers day one (ie even Henrik and Nazzy while highly touted didn't come in like a Crosby, Stamkos, etc,) it was work ethic and development, improving their skill sets through desire. He has that.

This kid is going to be a Captain on the Canucks. Set this aside for 7-9 years and revisit it. But that's my call.

lol... Raymond Corrado and a 1st.

I wouldn't want to see him traded but he has added an interesting dynamic to that trade. GM's will know who this kid is now...so our asset value of our prospects just increased.

Challenge would be...if it means getting a better forward prospect back do you do it? He's unproven at the next level but given my post above and his trajectory you want to say no bc anyone coming back unless proven is more risk (as you haven't seen that player enough)..but asset mgmt, risk that he doesn't continue on that trajectory etc...say maybe..

Hard decisions may await MG bc my guess is any GM worth their salt is going to inquire about this kid in any trade with the Nucks.

Couple of things from that interview that I liked, and perhaps reading too much into the kid but don't think so given how far he's come in such a short period.

1. He knows he can compete with the best young players in Canada. I am sure he had confidence before, but this may just give him that extra inch he'll need when it comes time.

2. Thankful to all those who tweeted and supported - humble

3. Life lesson 'Life isn't always fair' - Motivation, focus when its going to really matter. We make it back to the cup one day and if he's on that team (which I have a feeling as I said, this kid is going to wear a letter on the Canucks one day) he will remember this.

It's funny, everyone thought the loss of CoHo meant we lost our Linden. I have a weird feeling (and people I understand will say way to early etc, but I have watched alot of this kid on TV and watched his development since drafted) that we may just have found the "real next Linden". He has all the qualities in a leader.

a. He has come from being average to a potential top teir player (you don't get an invite to the camp unless you're one of the top 30 players in the best hockey country in the world, and he should be on that team, so he's really a top 22).

b. Key there is the development. Just like a Burrows, etc, when you come from 'earning' it vs. naturally 'having it' (and yes all players do earn but at younger ages there is often a natural ability that separates - those who work hard with natural abilities turn into greats, those with natural abilities who don't work hard flop, and sometimes those with decent abilities with terrific heart and determination, turn into greats as well).

c. He is already the captain of this junior team which shows he has the intangibles.

d. Players who work as hard as he does, set an example for the rest of the team, they see a guy with decent talent that has worked himself into being an upper echelon player (at least in junior thus far), that is a guy players will follow, will listen to, because he's in the trenches working his tail off. = Character and drive, heart.

e. Every Canuck captain if you look back in history has been like that (at least since I've watched). Smyl, small in stature, HUGE in heart, boy did he bring it every night. Linden, good skills, heart of a lion. Nazzy, came from high expectations to confidence issues, to rebuilding from nothing and turning into a star, worked at it. Henrik started on the 3rd line and improved every year. A consistent trait amongst all these guys was not above average skill sets vis a vis NHL peers day one (ie even Henrik and Nazzy while highly touted didn't come in like a Crosby, Stamkos, etc,) it was work ethic and development, improving their skill sets through desire. He has that.

This kid is going to be a Captain on the Canucks. Set this aside for 7-9 years and revisit it. But that's my call.

That's exactly what I think too, he's a Linden who plays defense.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived