The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Just curious, what is the sense around here: who do you think will play out their NHL rookie status (25 reg. season games) first, Connauton or Corrado? I think that's when the Canucks gave Tanev his number 8. Who earns the 6?

I think Connauton will be the first to taste NHL action but ultimately Corrado will beat him to the 25 game mark. Connauton will likely be the first call-up kind of guy for awhile but I think when Corrado gets the call he'll be in Vancouver to stay.

I could be way off, though.

I think Connauton will be the first to taste NHL action but ultimately Corrado will beat him to the 25 game mark. Connauton will likely be the first call-up kind of guy for awhile but I think when Corrado gets the call he'll be in Vancouver to stay.

I think so too, his game is alot more well rounded than Connaution's, which would be the reason Corrado might beat him out, the only way I could see it otherwise is if Corrado takes longer to get adjusted to & comfortable with the pro game and needs to stay in the A for awhile, other wise I could see him shooting up our depth chart sooner rather than later.

By the way, I say that as one of Connauton's biggest fans. He's one of my favourite Canucks prospects and I really want him to succeed, which is why I've been hoping he improves his defensive game. His shot and offensive tools make him an intriguing player who I'm looking forward to seeing in a Canucks jersey sooner rather than later.

Corrado is better than Connauton, but we arn't going to rush him into the league when we have solid D men who can do the grind for us currently. Corrado will be top 4 for sure and he will be an asset for us for a long time. He just keeps getting better! Connauton will get the call up as soon as we need a D guy to fill an injury or play a game so our top guys can rest with this hectic schedual.

Stoked to see what we get back from TO as well in the Luongo deal seems like kadri and bozak plus a second is the going trend... I'd rather leave kadri and take first rounderthough

I would love to see Spotts face if Corrado came to Canucks camp and made the team.

Me too, It's very unlikely but could u imagine this guy 1st makes a boneheaded move cutting him from Team Canada, then Team Canada goes and the defense is revealed as a huge weakness, THEN he trades for the guy. Then he makes our team.

Again it is very very unlikely, but man would he make Spott look terrible.

Me too, It's very unlikely but could u imagine this guy 1st makes a boneheaded move cutting him from Team Canada, then Team Canada goes and the defense is revealed as a huge weakness, THEN he trades for the guy. Then he makes our team.

Again it is very very unlikely, but man would he make Spott look terrible.

Hope it happens because the job he did in UFA was terrible... every time the camera was on him it looked like he didn't know wtf he was doing.

These last few weeks have been great for Corrado's development.

-Goes into WJC training camp and realizes he can hang with the best in the country (feeling great)

-Gets cut by the coach (feeling sad)

-Gets acquired by the coach's team most likely under his advisement (feeling great again!)

These last few weeks have been great for Corrado's development.

-Goes into WJC training camp and realizes he can hang with the best in the country (feeling great)

-Gets cut by the coach (feeling sad)

-Gets acquired by the coach's team most likely under his advisement (feeling great again!)

if anything, it tells me the coach probably wanted him, but hockey canada decided to go another direction.

I'd say Frankie is probably 3-4 years away yet at least. Kcon will probably play that many games just due to injuries even if he doesn't stick

Archived