The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

^^^^

Depends on how many minutes Torts will give Frankie.

Torts is known to ride his top guys and rarely use his bottom pairing. So basically, it's top 4 or bust for Frankie because if he's on the bottom pairing, he's not seeing enough ice, and at this point in his career, he needs to be playing big minutes to develop his game.

Although I trust Torts to teach Corrado well, if he isn't going to be in the top 4, he should be in the AHL.

Well to be fair, Rangers have had a terrible bottom 2 last few years while their top 4 have been amazing. Last year they had a pairing of woywitka and eminger

Well to be fair, Rangers have had a terrible bottom 2 last few years while their top 4 have been amazing. Last year they had a pairing of woywitka and eminger

True.

I guess we will have to wait and see how Torts distributes his minutes with a deeper blue line. Also he will have to factor in the Canucks travelling which, unlike in NY, will also fatigue the players - making it harder on the top pairing if he rides them night in and night out.

Even still, I think starting out the year in Utica getting logging top minutes and facing top competition will do wonders for his development. I would like to see Corrado spend about half a year down there and get a call up to play 3rd pairing down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Is it just me or does Corrado plays very similar to Dan Hamhuis? Not saying he's gonna be as good, but I'm starting to see some resemblance in their style of play (and they're about the same size too). Active stick work, staying in good position instead of chasing, "unexpected" hard shot.... the Canucks certainly have themselves a gem.

Is it just me or does Corrado plays very similar to Dan Hamhuis? Not saying he's gonna be as good, but I'm starting to see some resemblance in their style of play (and they're about the same size too). Active stick work, staying in good position instead of chasing, "unexpected" hard shot.... the Canucks certainly have themselves a gem.

Very similar, not a physical force out there but solid defensively not making alot of mistakes with offensive upside. Good two way defender we have.

Playing well against SJ, probably our best defensemen, him or Tommernes. Even one of the best players.

Here's Corrado's write up from the Hockey Prospectus review of our prospect pool:

3. Frankie Corrado, Defense

2011-12 Ranking: 3rd

Date of birth: 03/26/1993

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 191

Shoots: Right

Statistics: 69 GP, 7 G, 45 P (Sudbury/Kitchener, OHL)

Acquired: Fifth round, 150th overall in 2011 by Vancouver

Year in Review: Corrado continued to progress, as he was a good two-way defenseman in his last OHL season. He was a final cut from Canada's World Junior team.

The Good: Corrado is a really good skater. He is mobile and agile in every direction, and he has the first step to pinch or activate from the back end. He can also rush the puck well. He thinks the game at a high-end level, as he rarely makes mistakes, and he does not panic with the puck. Corrado makes a lot of stops, is great with his gap control, and makes a good outlet.

The Bad: Corrado's pure offensive upside is his question mark. While he has progressed in that area, he remains just about average. He also could get gain more strength.

Projection: He could be an good second pairing defenseman.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Corrado is currently playing with NHL vet Kent Huskins who is under a PTO with the Comets. They both look very steady and are by far the best defensive pairing on the Comets. Frankie was teamed up with Sauve for a while which was dragging his game down too.

Cool, thanks for the info

Corrado is currently playing with NHL vet Kent Huskins who is under a PTO with the Comets. They both look very steady and are by far the best defensive pairing on the Comets. Frankie was teamed up with Sauve for a while which was dragging his game down too.

HI.

Please rank the players in according who you think is the best

Grenier

Jensen

Corrado.

Thanks.

HI.

Please rank the players in according who you think is the best

Grenier

Jensen

Corrado.

Thanks.

Didn't you hear? The CDC masters are trading Edler and calling Corrado up to Vancouver! 20 odd games in Utica should be sufficient prep for the NHL, no? I love the fact that Corrado is playing with a NHL vet in Huskins. I hope they sign him and he mentors Corrado for the season.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived