1098 replies to this topic

#271 Newsflash

Newsflash

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:28 PM

His skating is superb, in my eyes he has more upside than tanev. Looks like a future 2nd pairing dman.

The OHL is where players show their absolute ceiling (usually). It will be interesting to see how he does playing against men. Remember, Tanev become a top prospect playing against men. But yes, pretty good upside. I just hope this is him developing, and not getting used to playing against teenagers.

On the plus side, he's the captain of his team. Bigger than I previously thought (6'1 190 pounds, still needs to put on some weight though). And he plays in all situations and logs over 30 minutes a night (according to his coach).

Buddy I called this EXACT situtation on here two years ago and was flamed, so I guess I have a bit of hockey knowledge, not to mention the 4 years I played in the OHL idiot.

The conspiracy theories that used to be against Lateralus:
Puberty, life, movie theaters, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out, movie theaters that frown upon you pulling it out during a children's movie, Toy Story 3, Pixar, who ever decided to make Woody so damn attractive, a job, his mothers basement, being 40, being 40 five years ago, dogs who can out run him, all dogs, the Olympic committee, Truth, Fact, Honesty, Logic, Newsflash, a father figure who was there to see him learn to ride his first bike, bikes,

#272 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

yes we should be seeing alot of him soon ... paired with luongo Raymond and Ballard in the proposal armchair gm forum.

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#273 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,674 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

yes we should be seeing alot of him soon ... paired with luongo Raymond and Ballard in the proposal armchair gm forum.

I must have missed some joke here, but why?

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#274 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I must have missed some joke here, but why?

he's an asset, so armchair GMs will include him in their bag of trade fodder, like lou ray and ballard.

#275 Gooseberries

Gooseberries

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,256 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:13 AM

he's an asset, so armchair GMs will include him in their bag of trade fodder, like lou ray and ballard.

someone got my joke....yes

20u7nh3.jpg

Credit to Vintage Canuck

The Sig lord

#276 DanrikCarter

DanrikCarter

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:39 AM

Corrado actually has a pretty good shot at making Team Canada. The D has 3 locks - Harrington, Murray and Hamilton. After that there's a few guys that could get in. I think the Canadian coaches will look at how good he looked paired with Hamilton in the Super Series and use that to push him ahead of the others. Reilly and Dumba will probably take 2 of the other spots and Ceci, Ouelette, Reinhart or Murphy will take the last spot. I would love to see this D:

Hamilton Corrado
Murray Harrington
Reilly Dumba
Ouelette
Posted Image

#277 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

Game-winning goal in the Subway Super Series and being +2 in a 2-1 game? He certainly is making a case for himself to be on that 2013 WJC roster, but I still don't see him making it unless the NHL lockout ends soon or injuries to some key players occur.

Obviously the returning 3 (Hamilton, Harrington and Murray) will be locks on this team. I think Ceci will definitely make the team as well because he is physically imposing and offensively talented. As for the offensive defenseman, it will come down to Reilly or Murphy IMO - or we may end up carrying both (doubt it). Then it comes down to Dumba, Reinhart and other notable 2012 draft picks.

Corrado has a place on this team maybe as a calm defensive presence and a leader. In that case, I could see Team Canada opting to go with a far more offensively talented but younger and less experienced Morgan Rielly instead of Ryan Murphy, and pairing him up with Frankie Corrado who will be the stay-at-home defenseman.

I would like to see:

Murray - Hamilton
Harrington - Ceci
Rielly - Corrado
Dumba

But if they do go ahead with Murphy, then it will come down to Ceci vs Corrado IMO for that last spot, and Ceci being the higher draft pic, bigger and better offensively of the two, will take it - unless Team Canada values the intangible leadership and veteran presence that Corrado can bring.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#278 stexx

stexx

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

just the fact that frankie is in the picture in a lockout season with all the talent available to team canada is huge for a 5th round pick.

props to the canuck scouts who found him on a horrible sudbury team that really hurt his draft year statistics.

#279 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,050 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:18 PM

just the fact that frankie is in the picture in a lockout season with all the talent available to team canada is huge for a 5th round pick.

props to the canuck scouts who found him on a horrible sudbury team that really hurt his draft year statistics.

This strategy has been working well for us lately. We've been going after good players on bad teams.

I think Gaunce is a good example of that. He's one of the better players on an bad team. Very underrated.

And with Jensen, he was on a good team, but was overshadowed by alot of other players.

Edited by DeNiro, 14 November 2012 - 03:20 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#280 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:04 AM

^ Notice how they're both drafted out of the OHL...
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#281 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Murray got hurt playing for the SilverTips last night. Could be Corrado's break for Team Canada.

#282 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 01:47 PM

<-crossing fingers!

#283 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:39 PM

Still a long shot

#284 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 05:46 PM

Definetly still a long shot. I think he should get an invite to camp for sure, he has had a great season so far IMO but there are tons of good D-men I would personally rate above him or just as good.

Murray
Reinhart
Dumba
Quellet
Hamilton
Harrington
Ceci
Pouliot
Koekkoek
Rielly
Murphy

As good as Corrado has been, there's 11 Guys right there who might be more worthy of being on the team, alot of competition.

zackass.png

#285 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

There are a lot of good defenceman in the CHL. There are guys in the O like Percy, Petgrave, Demelo and Subban that are all stellar players and comparable to Corrado. Ekblad is coming on strong as a 16 year old with 16 points and a plus 8. I can't see him making the team. And other than on this forum has anyone actually heard talk of him being on the team?

#286 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 34,265 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 06:39 PM

There are a lot of good defenceman in the CHL. There are guys in the O like Percy, Petgrave, Demelo and Subban that are all stellar players and comparable to Corrado. Ekblad is coming on strong as a 16 year old with 16 points and a plus 8. I can't see him making the team. And other than on this forum has anyone actually heard talk of him being on the team?

in the superseries the announcers were talking about how Corrado was making a case for himself with his stellar play.

#287 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 07:13 PM

It would of been awesome if Corrado, and Gaunce made the team. Oh well,
Cheering hard for Frankie
Posted Image

#288 DanrikCarter

DanrikCarter

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:00 AM

Definetly still a long shot. I think he should get an invite to camp for sure, he has had a great season so far IMO but there are tons of good D-men I would personally rate above him or just as good.

Murray
Reinhart
Dumba
Quellet
Hamilton
Harrington
Ceci
Pouliot
Koekkoek
Rielly
Murphy

As good as Corrado has been, there's 11 Guys right there who might be more worthy of being on the team, alot of competition.

I would only put a few of those guys ahead of Corrado. Murray, Ouellet, Hamilton, Harrington and Reilly I think are the guys ahead of him. I think he's ahead of Murphy but the coach will take his player anyway. He's definitely ahead of Koekoek, Ceci and Pouliot.

So if they take 7 dmen, they are looking at (assuming Murray's out): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Ouellet, Murphy and 2 of Corrado, Dumba and Reinhart.

His chances are much greater than you guys a giving him credit.

Edited by DanrikCarter, 20 November 2012 - 06:01 AM.

Posted Image

#289 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,437 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I would only put a few of those guys ahead of Corrado. Murray, Ouellet, Hamilton, Harrington and Reilly I think are the guys ahead of him. I think he's ahead of Murphy but the coach will take his player anyway. He's definitely ahead of Koekoek, Ceci and Pouliot.

So if they take 7 dmen, they are looking at (assuming Murray's out): Hamilton, Reilly, Harrington, Ouellet, Murphy and 2 of Corrado, Dumba and Reinhart.

His chances are much greater than you guys a giving him credit.

I definetly don't think he is ahead of Ceci & I also think Pouliot is a bit better, but he is possibly better than Koekkoek.

I like him, and I realize how good he is but that's the way team canada is going to do it too.

If it comes down to him and say Koekkoek, and they rate them to be the same, then will probably choose Koekkoek, why? Because he is more recognized.

Team Canada's junior team has a long history of politics and taking the more recognized players. That's another reason I doubt Corrado will be on the team.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 20 November 2012 - 04:33 PM.

zackass.png

#290 Nas19

Nas19

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 880 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:05 PM

With Ryan Murray out Bob McKenzie shared his thoughts on who he thinks has a chance at making the World Junior team.

http://watch.tsn.ca/...5020#clip815020

not sure if the link will work or not but whatever.

He has Corrado up there with the likes of Reinhart, Dumba, Pouliot, etc.

Edited by Nas19, 27 November 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#291 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,651 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:29 PM

Gillis talks about Corrado today: http://blogs.theprov...t-with-canucks/

#292 kazin!

kazin!

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,158 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:38 PM

Hope he makes it. WJCs are always better when there are Canuck prospects in the mix.
Posted Image

#293 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Hope he makes it. WJCs are always better when there are Canuck prospects in the mix.

Agreed.

I remember the anticipation to watch Hodgson play, and then the satisfaction from watching him dominate. I need that feeling again!!

#294 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,338 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

Too bad Guance is injured. He'd probably make the team.

#295 sirensong

sirensong

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Too bad Guance is injured. He'd probably make the team.

Guance is back from his injury. Even without his time missed, he just hasnt been good enough to be seriously considered for a spot. Not in a deep year like this.

As much as we all love what Frankie is doing he is a very long shot to make the team. Even with Murray out there is way too much pedigree and high draft players that will be taken ahead of him.

#296 RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

I think Corrado will get a invite to canadas WJ camp and with hes soild two way game and he had experience playing in russia this year with sudbury. most likely he will be a late cut because the coachs will keep him around to push the other D. he might make the sqaud if he impresses the staff which i think he will and some other D struggle. plus being paired with d hamilton in the ohl vs russia game says alot about his play and he was on the top PP PK d pairings as well

Edited by RustyShackleford, 28 November 2012 - 01:34 PM.

#297 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

1G 1A -1 against SSM today.

3G 18A on the year in 28 games, I love this guy.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#298 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,582 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:51 PM

1G 1A -1 against SSM today.

3G 18A on the year in 28 games, I love this guy.

As steady as they come! Can not believe we picked him up in round 5.

I think Corrado will get a invite to canadas WJ camp and with hes soild two way game and he had experience playing in russia this year with sudbury. most likely he will be a late cut because the coachs will keep him around to push the other D. he might make the sqaud if he impresses the staff which i think he will and some other D struggle. plus being paired with d hamilton in the ohl vs russia game says alot about his play and he was on the top PP PK d pairings as well

Corrado was one of the candidates Bob Mackenzie thought could take the last roster spot so it's definitely a possibility. As for playing with Hamilton, in the absence of Murray, Mackenzie thinks Morgan Rielly will get the top pairing spot as he's been lights out since game 1 this season - and he's probably right about that.

At least Corrado made it as a candidate - there was zero mention of Gaunce in the forward section for the WJC piece written...

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#299 jigsaw99

jigsaw99

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

Hate to point out the negative but Frankie currently has a team high -7. Is there a reason for this?

#300 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,843 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

Hate to point out the negative but Frankie currently has a team high -7. Is there a reason for this?

He plays against the other teams' best forwards, and on a not so good team, that is bound to happen

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.