Posted Image

#332 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

He has a legit chance at making the team.

He has the entangibles of doing pretty much everything. He can play offence, he can play defence, and he sure as hell can skate. He can quarter back powerplay, and he sure as hell can penalty kill. He has some size to go with his speed. Adding him is risk free.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#333 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

Frank talking on the Team 1040 about his invite and general play.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#334 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

I'm just glad Franky got the invite. As far as making the team I think it's a long shot. If he does make the team he'll be 7th Dman.

#335 WestCoastCanucks

WestCoastCanucks

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,399 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

I'm just glad Franky got the invite. As far as making the team I think it's a long shot. If he does make the team he'll be 7th Dman.

Pretty much how I feel. It'll be nice for him to take in the experience and everything but Canada's just too deep on D.
Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

#336 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Frank talking on the Team 1040 about his invite and general play.

http://teamradio.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Frank_Corrado_with_Rintoul_and_Botchford_Dec4th.mp3

Wow he sounds like a really smart, well spoken guy.

I'm gonna be stoked if he makes the team

#337 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

Okay, off topic, but what the frack is up with these ads in all of our posts?

The lockout hurts but the Canucks can't be going this bankrupt.

Ugh, I guess it's Google Chrome that's making these ads..

Edited by Hansen 36, 05 December 2012 - 12:52 PM.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#338 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:43 PM

Wow he sounds like a really smart, well spoken guy.

I'm gonna be stoked if he makes the team

He certainly seems more down to earth than someone who's been a top prospect all their life. I don't know why but I always picture him as a shorter, smaller guy who jokes around a lot, but he's actually taller than I am and well spoken to boot. If nothing else, he'll be a nice NHL depth D-man that we stole 150th overall.

#339 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

Okay, off topic, but what the frack is up with these ads in all of our posts?

The lockout hurts but the Canucks can't be going this bankrupt.

Ugh, I guess it's Google Chrome that's making these ads..

Not sure what you're talking about, I use Chrome too and I don't see any ads. It's certainly nothing to do with the NHL or Canucks adding them into posts to increase revenue, particularly if you're using the correct theme.

#340 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Not sure what you're talking about, I use Chrome too and I don't see any ads. It's certainly nothing to do with the NHL or Canucks adding them into posts to increase revenue, particularly if you're using the correct theme.

Yeah, it was some old extension I had on Chrome. Got it all fixed up. It was those underlined text ads popping up all over the place.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#341 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,355 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Long shot? At this point no. Before he was listed as an invite, he was a long shot. Now that hes in the final 13, I think he has a decent chance. He just needs to out perform 6 other defencemens.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#342 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:44 AM

With the optimism surrounding the NHL lockout, I would say Corrado went from possibility to a close thing to a lock!

If NHL comes to an agreement by Sunday, we'll see Corrado donning the red and white for sure.

If the lockout keeps on, Corrado has a chance to play a small role on this stacked team.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#343 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Yeah, it was some old extension I had on Chrome. Got it all fixed up. It was those underlined text ads popping up all over the place.

How did u change it?

I have Chrome and that keeps happening to me too, it's annoying.

So how did you fix it again?

zackass.png

#344 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

Long shot? At this point no. Before he was listed as an invite, he was a long shot. Now that hes in the final 13, I think he has a decent chance. He just needs to out perform 6 other defencemens.

Now that it looks like the lockout is going to end his chances went up. Looks like he will make the team, Otherwise there is too much talent and Frank would not make the team. Team Canada brought him in to consider him for a shut down, defensive role. This is not the role he currently plays so he would need to readjust his game in a real hurry.

How did u change it?

I have Chrome and that keeps happening to me too, it's annoying.

So how did you fix it again?

I had same problem earlier today. Click top right corner button with 3 horizontal lines, go to tools, then to extensions. Erase extensions you don't need. The ad ware is in one of those extensions.

The instructions I provided are for Google Chrome. You may need to do this separately with all browsers on you system.

Here's a link to a site if you need further assistance.
http://www.talonairg...301ca9aa3b37595

#345 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,166 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

I had same problem earlier today. Click top right corner button with 3 horizontal lines, go to tools, then to extensions. Erase extensions you don't need. The ad ware is in one of those extensions.

The instructions I provided are for Google Chrome. You may need to do this separately with all browsers on you system.

Here's a link to a site if you need further assistance.
http://www.talonairg...301ca9aa3b37595

Alright I kept AVG active and disabled everything else, thanks for that.

zackass.png

#346 Devoted

Devoted

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:38 AM

Now that it looks like the lockout is going to end his chances went up. Looks like he will make the team, Otherwise there is too much talent and Frank would not make the team. Team Canada brought him in to consider him for a shut down, defensive role. This is not the role he currently plays so he would need to readjust his game in a real hurry.

Frank actually does play a shutdown role. Last season he was a beast defensively on a mediocre Sudbury team. He matches up against the opposition's top lines all game, every game. He has made a conscious effort to improve his shot and offensive game this season and we see the tangible results in his stat line. While I'll agree he is a prototypical 2-way defender, I believe, as do the Hockey Canada scouts, that he is more proficient at the defensive side of the game.

I see Frank surprising a lot of people and making this team as the #7 dman even if the lockout continues. He's the type of player that coaches love; rarely makes a mistake, gives smooth, quick and accurate outlet passes and can contribute at both ends
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#347 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

Now we all know about the camp invite, but Canucks Army recently did a write up on him and his chances:

FRANK CORRADO EARNS TEAM CANADA SELECTION CAMP INVITE

Frank Corrado's rise over the past few seasons - from complete unknown, to promising prospect, to dominant two-way force in the OHL, to a legitimate candidate for one of the seven blueline spots available on Team Canada's under-21 team roster - has been nothing short of meteoric. To put it in perspective, Corrado was drafted the latest among all of the defenseman invited to this years Team Canada selection camp by 85 picks.

Corrado will be in tough to ultimately earn one of the seven available spots. The consensus appears to be that the top-four jobs will be given to: Dougie Hamilton, Morgan Rielly, Scott Harrington and Xavier Oulette. Beyond those four, I'd personally be astonished if Ryan Murphy is left off the team. That leaves seven more names competing for two available slots, and I'd describe Corrado as somewhat of a "long shot" to earn his way onto the team.

He does have a couple of things working in his favour, however. First of all, Columbus prospect Ryan Murray will miss the tournament (and the rest of the season) with an injury. Murray is a right-side defenseman, and presumably his absence could open up a spot for Corrado to slide in as a depth option.

Secondly, this years World Junior Championship will be held in Ufa, Russia on international ice. As opposed to being an imposing physical force, Corrado is known for his fleet skating, quick decision making and crisp passing. In theory, his game might translate better onto international ice than, say, Griffin Reinhardt's or Matt Pelech's.

His maturity could also prove to be an advantage as well, over the likes of say Matt Dumba - a player with all the raw skill imaginable, but who has struggled with consistency this season.

#348 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,285 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:04 PM

Aaaaaaaaand there goes the NHL season.

Looks like Corrado will play a minimal role on Team Canada, if any, this winter.

Hope he makes it!

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#349 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

Now we all know about the camp invite, but Canucks Army recently did a write up on him and his chances:

FRANK CORRADO EARNS TEAM CANADA SELECTION CAMP INVITE

i never understood the idiom "meteoric rise", meteors FALL, not RISE...

#350 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,515 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

i never understood the idiom "meteoric rise", meteors FALL, not RISE...

Well, they could just say 'meteoric' if it was about a fall (which way is up to the universe anyway?) so the qualifying descriptor of 'rise' makes it clear it was positive.
::D

#351 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

Well, they could just say 'meteoric' if it was about a fall (which way is up to the universe anyway?) so the qualifying descriptor of 'rise' makes it clear it was positive.
::D

i know, i just never understood why the phrase came into existence.

#352 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 12:53 PM

i know, i just never understood why the phrase came into existence.

it is because when meteors fall, they appear like a horizontal line to the spectator on the ground. when the line travels towards the center of the sky, it appears as though it is rising, just because of our concept of the sky as a big spherical thing. So it seems like it is a "shooting star" rising up, not a space rock falling really fast.

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#353 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

it is because when meteors fall, they appear like a horizontal line to the spectator on the ground. when the line travels towards the center of the sky, it appears as though it is rising, just because of our concept of the sky as a big spherical thing. So it seems like it is a "shooting star" rising up, not a space rock falling really fast.

when have you ever seen a meteor or shooting star rise up? if it's entering the atmosphere far enough away to start at the horizon there is no way in hell you'd be able to see it. at best it looks like it's shooting overhead, neither rising nor falling.

Edited by avelanch, 07 December 2012 - 01:04 PM.

#354 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

also, the phrase originally implied that the rise is fast and brilliant, but also short lived. not really what it means today.

#355 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

when have you ever seen a meteor or shooting star rise up? if it's entering the atmosphere far enough away to start at the horizon there is no way in hell you'd be able to see it. at best it looks like it's shooting overhead, neither rising nor falling.

not saying from the horizon, just generally to the center overhead. people can't tell it is falling from the ground, its just a fast moving light in the sky to people on the ground. the expression clearly comes from the imagery, not the physics. i guess the term "meteor" is a bit misused as that is adapted from the physics, i guess its hard to make an adjective out of 'shooting star.' meteoric is just an adjective, so technically it is fine to use if referring only to the imagery since meteoric would be a loose term. anyways, i suppose you are quite content with the expression "meteor shower?"

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#356 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

also, the phrase originally implied that the rise is fast and brilliant, but also short lived. not really what it means today.

it doesn't mean that today?

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#357 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,975 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

it doesn't mean that today?

it typically means that someone rises up quickly and stays there, not disappears after a short amount of time.

#358 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:22 AM

Just curious.. when do we know the final roster for Team Canada? Will they send people packing earlier?

#359 leftcoast

leftcoast

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Canucks future on D looks bright. Not unlike a meteor.

View PostBedBeats™, on 26 January 2010 - 02:09 PM, said:

Totally.....i want a fresh, fully healed Willie

#360 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,799 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:02 PM

Canucks future on D looks bright. Not unlike a meteor.

Except, as said before, meteors quickly disappear, which I hope Corrado doesn't.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.