The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Wow. I'm shocked at how much people are underestimating Harrington. He was AWESOME in last years world juniors. He didn't put up many points but he was easily their best defensive d man last world juniors. Like jager bomb said Harrington is a lock, it's not even up for discussion. Dumba IMO could be the guy Corrado beats out to get onto the team. Or Corrado could end up being the 7th d man.

Either way I'm pumped to see Corrado get an invite.

Frankie has a good chance to make this team. I am shocked that Ceci didn't even get a look.

Franky looked better paired with Hamilton than Harrington in the Subway series. I think they would have won the game they lost if he was still paired with Hamilton on the last shift of the third. Harrington totally blew his coverage of the winning goal scorer and it was game over.

For me Corrado beats out Harrington to make the team.

Um... The game-winning goal in that game was scored by none other than our prospect, Frank Corrado... And Canada won it 2-1 on that tally...

Also, Harrington captained that team over Hamilton, and is pretty much a lock for this year's squad and will most likely wear a letter on his chest too.

Ummm Strome?!?! OF course MacKinnon, Drouin and Shinkaruk should also be included. That top 6 is pretty much set.

Dougie Hamilton and Scott Harrington should be a lock too. I wouldn't say MacKinnon, Drouin and Shinkaruk are locks either, especially with RNH in the picture.

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele => This will be the 1st line. Strome will be a lock for the 2nd line center, and Jenner as the 3rd line.

Shinkaruk will definitely not make the roster IMO - too many talented more experienced players on this team - and he'd have to make it over Drouin too. Not happening.

I think MacKinnon will be the RW on the 2nd line, which would help the case for Drouin since the two play together. Drouin's main competition will be Ritchie, who Strome plays with.

Wow. I'm shocked at how much people are underestimating Harrington. He was AWESOME in last years world juniors. He didn't put up many points but he was easily their best defensive d man last world juniors. Like jager bomb said Harrington is a lock, it's not even up for discussion. Dumba IMO could be the guy Corrado beats out to get onto the team. Or Corrado could end up being the 7th d man.

Either way I'm pumped to see Corrado get an invite.

I also think Harrington is very underrated and I thought he was our go-to shutdown defenseman who had showed some offensive upside.

My post from before hasn't changed with the roster announcement. I see Hamilton, Harrington, Rielly, Murphy (only because of Spott) and Ouellet as being pretty much locks for the team. That means Canada takes 2 of Corrado, Dumba and Reinhart (I see the others as being a step behind.) If they take their Super Series play into account there is no way Dumba will play ahead of Corrado.

My complete team would be roughly:

Huberdeau - Nugent-Hopkins - Scheifele

Rattie - Strome - Ritchie

Douin - MacKinnon - Monahan

Danault - Jenner - Wilson

Hudon

Hamilton - Rielly

Ouellet - Harrington

Corrado - Reinhart

Murphy (PP)

Subban

Binnington (any of the 3 remaining goalies could easily take this)

Ummm Strome?!?! OF course MacKinnon, Drouin and Shinkaruk should also be included. That top 6 is pretty much set.

Strome completely slipped my mind when I was typing that post :P But yeah if Mackinnon and Drouin make the top six that would be deadly

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele

Drouin - Strome - Mackinnon

Wow he sounds like a really smart, well spoken guy.

I'm gonna be stoked if he makes the team

He certainly seems more down to earth than someone who's been a top prospect all their life. I don't know why but I always picture him as a shorter, smaller guy who jokes around a lot, but he's actually taller than I am and well spoken to boot. If nothing else, he'll be a nice NHL depth D-man that we stole 150th overall.

Okay, off topic, but what the frack is up with these ads in all of our posts?

The lockout hurts but the Canucks can't be going this bankrupt.

Ugh, I guess it's Google Chrome that's making these ads..

Not sure what you're talking about, I use Chrome too and I don't see any ads. It's certainly nothing to do with the NHL or Canucks adding them into posts to increase revenue, particularly if you're using the correct theme.

Not sure what you're talking about, I use Chrome too and I don't see any ads. It's certainly nothing to do with the NHL or Canucks adding them into posts to increase revenue, particularly if you're using the correct theme.

Yeah, it was some old extension I had on Chrome. Got it all fixed up. It was those underlined text ads popping up all over the place.

Archived