The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

With the optimism surrounding the NHL lockout, I would say Corrado went from possibility to a close thing to a lock!

If NHL comes to an agreement by Sunday, we'll see Corrado donning the red and white for sure.

If the lockout keeps on, Corrado has a chance to play a small role on this stacked team.

Long shot? At this point no. Before he was listed as an invite, he was a long shot. Now that hes in the final 13, I think he has a decent chance. He just needs to out perform 6 other defencemens.

Now that it looks like the lockout is going to end his chances went up. Looks like he will make the team, Otherwise there is too much talent and Frank would not make the team. Team Canada brought him in to consider him for a shut down, defensive role. This is not the role he currently plays so he would need to readjust his game in a real hurry.

How did u change it?

I have Chrome and that keeps happening to me too, it's annoying.

So how did you fix it again?

I had same problem earlier today. Click top right corner button with 3 horizontal lines, go to tools, then to extensions. Erase extensions you don't need. The ad ware is in one of those extensions.

The instructions I provided are for Google Chrome. You may need to do this separately with all browsers on you system.

Here's a link to a site if you need further assistance.

http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24710&sid=5eca79355ec55adc5301ca9aa3b37595

I had same problem earlier today. Click top right corner button with 3 horizontal lines, go to tools, then to extensions. Erase extensions you don't need. The ad ware is in one of those extensions.

The instructions I provided are for Google Chrome. You may need to do this separately with all browsers on you system.

Here's a link to a site if you need further assistance.

http://www.talonairg...301ca9aa3b37595

Alright I kept AVG active and disabled everything else, thanks for that.

Now that it looks like the lockout is going to end his chances went up. Looks like he will make the team, Otherwise there is too much talent and Frank would not make the team. Team Canada brought him in to consider him for a shut down, defensive role. This is not the role he currently plays so he would need to readjust his game in a real hurry.

Frank actually does play a shutdown role. Last season he was a beast defensively on a mediocre Sudbury team. He matches up against the opposition's top lines all game, every game. He has made a conscious effort to improve his shot and offensive game this season and we see the tangible results in his stat line. While I'll agree he is a prototypical 2-way defender, I believe, as do the Hockey Canada scouts, that he is more proficient at the defensive side of the game.

I see Frank surprising a lot of people and making this team as the #7 dman even if the lockout continues. He's the type of player that coaches love; rarely makes a mistake, gives smooth, quick and accurate outlet passes and can contribute at both ends

Now we all know about the camp invite, but Canucks Army recently did a write up on him and his chances:

FRANK CORRADO EARNS TEAM CANADA SELECTION CAMP INVITE

Frank Corrado's rise over the past few seasons - from complete unknown, to promising prospect, to dominant two-way force in the OHL, to a legitimate candidate for one of the seven blueline spots available on Team Canada's under-21 team roster - has been nothing short of meteoric. To put it in perspective, Corrado was drafted the latest among all of the defenseman invited to this years Team Canada selection camp by 85 picks.

Corrado will be in tough to ultimately earn one of the seven available spots. The consensus appears to be that the top-four jobs will be given to: Dougie Hamilton, Morgan Rielly, Scott Harrington and Xavier Oulette. Beyond those four, I'd personally be astonished if Ryan Murphy is left off the team. That leaves seven more names competing for two available slots, and I'd describe Corrado as somewhat of a "long shot" to earn his way onto the team.

He does have a couple of things working in his favour, however. First of all, Columbus prospect Ryan Murray will miss the tournament (and the rest of the season) with an injury. Murray is a right-side defenseman, and presumably his absence could open up a spot for Corrado to slide in as a depth option.

Secondly, this years World Junior Championship will be held in Ufa, Russia on international ice. As opposed to being an imposing physical force, Corrado is known for his fleet skating, quick decision making and crisp passing. In theory, his game might translate better onto international ice than, say, Griffin Reinhardt's or Matt Pelech's.

His maturity could also prove to be an advantage as well, over the likes of say Matt Dumba - a player with all the raw skill imaginable, but who has struggled with consistency this season.

Aaaaaaaaand there goes the NHL season.

Looks like Corrado will play a minimal role on Team Canada, if any, this winter.

Hope he makes it!

i never understood the idiom "meteoric rise", meteors FALL, not RISE...

Well, they could just say 'meteoric' if it was about a fall (which way is up to the universe anyway?) so the qualifying descriptor of 'rise' makes it clear it was positive.

::D

i know, i just never understood why the phrase came into existence.

it is because when meteors fall, they appear like a horizontal line to the spectator on the ground. when the line travels towards the center of the sky, it appears as though it is rising, just because of our concept of the sky as a big spherical thing. So it seems like it is a "shooting star" rising up, not a space rock falling really fast.

it is because when meteors fall, they appear like a horizontal line to the spectator on the ground. when the line travels towards the center of the sky, it appears as though it is rising, just because of our concept of the sky as a big spherical thing. So it seems like it is a "shooting star" rising up, not a space rock falling really fast.

when have you ever seen a meteor or shooting star rise up? if it's entering the atmosphere far enough away to start at the horizon there is no way in hell you'd be able to see it. at best it looks like it's shooting overhead, neither rising nor falling.

when have you ever seen a meteor or shooting star rise up? if it's entering the atmosphere far enough away to start at the horizon there is no way in hell you'd be able to see it. at best it looks like it's shooting overhead, neither rising nor falling.

not saying from the horizon, just generally to the center overhead. people can't tell it is falling from the ground, its just a fast moving light in the sky to people on the ground. the expression clearly comes from the imagery, not the physics. i guess the term "meteor" is a bit misused as that is adapted from the physics, i guess its hard to make an adjective out of 'shooting star.' meteoric is just an adjective, so technically it is fine to use if referring only to the imagery since meteoric would be a loose term. anyways, i suppose you are quite content with the expression "meteor shower?"

Archived