#601 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

POPULAR

Cheering against Canada because one of our prospects didn't picked is beyond extreme...you cheer for the Maple Leaf, not the name on the back of the sweater. Yikes.

Posted Image

#602 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

:picard: :sadno: Always such politcal BS, watch Dumba make the team.

Nope

Edited by Primus099, 13 December 2012 - 05:57 PM.

#603 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Cheering against Canada because one of our prospects didn't picked is beyond extreme...you cheer for the Maple Leaf, not the name on the back of the sweater. Yikes.

Tells you who are actual hockey fans and who are just Canuck fans, people who don't watch just cause a Canuck prospect isn't on the team are ???? retarded

#604 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,872 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

Tells you who are actual hockey fans and who are just Canuck fans, people who don't watch just cause a Canuck prospect isn't on the team are ???? retarded

And you are "mentally deficient" for improper use of the term "???? retarded" ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#605 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

You wan't canada to lose bc a canuck was cut? I don't get people on here

Not afraid to admit it, I am a Canucks fan first and foremost. Y'all can hate me for it but a dumb decision to cut one of the best D-men at camp sure doesn't make it any easier to cheer for Canada.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#606 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,978 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

Oh well, I'm sure they have their reasons.
Was a tough year to make the team, lots of good talent.
Posted Image

#607 Kassassinate

Kassassinate

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 978 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

just a downer to see frankie cut, but hopefully our boys can bring home the gold, gonna be a good tourney.

#608 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:01 PM

POPULAR

See i wouldn't have been so disturbed by the thought Corrado being cut plainly for the fact other players were better than him...but that isn't even the case. Corrado flatly outplayed all the Defensemen in this selection camp. Even in the Subway Series, he was a very good Dman and nearly outplayed others except for Dougie Hamilton. Thats bothering me is that Corrado played his heart out and outshined a lot of the first round picks such as Dumba (who was cut), Reinhart, and Murphy yet was released due to a numbers game, bias opinions or whatever people are calling it.

I still would be upset that Corrado got released, but at least I'd be at peace knowing there were other better players ahead of him...certainly that isn't what it is in this particular situation.

2moy3iq.png

#609 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

See i wouldn't have been so disturbed by the thought Corrado being cut plainly for the fact other players were better than him...but that isn't even the case. Corrado flatly outplayed all the Defensemen in this selection camp.

Thats bothering me is that Corrado played his heart out and outshined a lot of the first round picks such as Dumba (who was cut), Reinhart, and Murphy yet was released due to a numbers game, bias opinions or whatever people are calling it.

I still would be upset that Corrado got released, but at least I'd be at peace knowing there were other better players ahead of him...certainly that isn't what it is in this particular situation.

Exactly how I feel, I still love our team and hope our boys can bring back gold. I just feel that I might have a tough time being as passionate as usual knowing that Corrado got screwed. (Atleast he did IMO)

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 13 December 2012 - 07:09 PM.

zackass.png

#610 LoganBattleaxe

LoganBattleaxe

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

POPULAR

I Live in Sudbury and have season tickets so I'd say I know a thing or two about Corrado. I think his last game vs Erie sums up his work. He is a beast. You want him on the pp because he moves the puck so well. You want him on the pk because he is a wall. He outworks, outmuscles, and outsmarts his opponents. You want him to play that last 5 minutes because he can shut down 5 guys.
The last 5 minutes of that Erie game I saw him outwork the forwards in the corner to clear the puck, block shots, clear guys out of his goalie's crease. Get punched in the mouth and be the one to tell his team to calm down when he could have gotten into a fight. He was a one man team on the ice.
Frankie provides something the team needs. True leadership on the back end. He is that calming prescence that lets your offense do it's thing.
I say all this and I am not a Wolves fan at all. Watching them play is like watching Toronto I can't do it. I am there to watch the other team. In spite of that Corrado always stands out.
I have a bad feeling about the defense this year. Murphy was the wrong pick. No need for him with Reilly and Hamilton.

Edited by LoganBattleaxe, 13 December 2012 - 07:29 PM.

#611 RAMBUTANS

RAMBUTANS

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

No, they cheated a Canuck. I want them to lose.
Mr. Reputable of the HFBoards

#612 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,364 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

I Live in Sudbury and have season tickets so I'd say I know a thing or two about Corrado. I think his last game vs Erie sums up his work. He is a beast. You want him on the pp because he moves the puck so well. You want him on the pk because he is a wall. He outworks, outmuscles, and outsmarts his opponents. You want him to play that last 5 minutes because he can shut down 5 guys.
The last 5 minutes of that Erie game I saw him outwork the forwards in the corner to clear the puck, block shots, clear guys out of his goalie's crease. Get punched in the mouth and be the one to tell his team to calm down when he could have gotten into a fight. He was a one man team on the ice.
Frankie provides something the team needs. True leadership on the back end. He is that calming prescence that lets your offense do it's thing.
I say all this and I am not a Wolves fan at all. Watching them play is like watching Toronto I can't do it. I am there to watch the other team. In spite of that Corrado always stands out.
I have a bad feeling about the defense this year. Murphy was the wrong pick. No need for him with Reilly and Hamilton.

Wow, sounds like we really have a gem.

zackass.png

#613 sharnhayre

sharnhayre

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,615 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

I think it came down to one thing only. Team Canada was looking for one offensive defenseman and it came down to either taking Corrado or Murphy. Murphy is coached by Steve Spott in Kitchener so he had an advantage heading into the camp. I live in Calgary and watched the 2 games and tryout, Corrado was one of the better d-men out there. Murphy has amazing offense, his biggest knock is if he is capable of playing D, Spott said so himself that he believes in Murphy, he just needs to get everyone else to believe in him too.

This added advantage for Murphy helped him get onto the team. Don't get me wrong, I think he belongs on it, but I think Corrado outplayed the others. It all comes down to what role he would be meant to play. It sucks that Corrado got cut, but it won't stop me from waking up at 1am on Boxing Day and wear my Canada jersey.

#614 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,021 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Exactly, a lot of heads need to be shook.

#615 One one two

One one two

Got skipped

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,913 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

I don't watch the WJCs to see my country win, that's what the Olympics are for to me. I watch it to see young, deserving players play their hearts out for their countries, regardless of which ones they may be from.

I never really cheer for any particular country and was only joking. Sorry if anyone took it as it wasn't intended.

Edited by One one two, 13 December 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#616 suprasalad

suprasalad

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:37 PM

Don't worry, Duncan Keith got cut too because he wasn't "physical enough"...but he was good enough to win a stanley cup and and a gold medal in the olympics. Go figure. Watched Keith play all through junior and had to laugh when they cut him. Some of these junior coaches and scouts are clueless at differentiating skill sets. Frankie is a victim of this same problem. Kudos to the Nucks for drafting this guy under the radar. That is assessing skill.

#617 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,524 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

Frankie would have been a great fit for Canada's 3rd unit. Whatever, they picked who they picked, now they better win.

#618 warrchief

warrchief

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Frankie would have been a great fit for Canada's 3rd unit. Whatever, they picked who they picked, now they better win.

They picked Wotherspoon over Frankie
Bobby Lou is my homie

#619 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:32 AM

And you are "mentally deficient" for improper use of the term "???? retarded" ..

cool story bro, go cheer against Canada because Corrado isn't on the team

#620 Gerbera

Gerbera

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

cool story bro, go cheer against Canada because Corrado isn't on the team

More like is hard to cheer for Canada when they don't look at who performed well at the selection camp and instead went and chose players that under-performed. As a Canadian, I will cheer for the Canadian team as much as the next Canadian. But I really hope that goaltending and defense will not be the reason why we failed to win gold at this year's tournament.

#621 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:42 AM

More like is hard to cheer for Canada when they don't look at who performed well at the selection camp and instead went and chose players that under-performed. As a Canadian, I will cheer for the Canadian team as much as the next Canadian. But I really hope that goaltending and defense will not be the reason why we failed to win gold at this year's tournament.

If it is, it won't only be because we didn't have Corrado on defense

#622 Phil_314

Phil_314

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,248 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:57 AM

Rielly - Hamilton (offensive players)
Harrington - Ouellet (was gonna say Xavier's not bigger than Frankie but since he was a lock)
Reinhart - Murphy (Impact offensive defenseman with solid D-man)
Wotherspoon (touted as "reliable" defensive D-man-- could've seen Corrado here)

I can kind of see how they could justify Frank getting cut, since he's more of a Jack-of-all-trades, master-of-"none" in that he can play offensively and defensively but he's not a big-time scoring D-man.

Ouellet had 60 points in 63 games last season, Hamilton's been a scoring machines and Rielly/ Murphy have been p.p.g. D-men, whereas Frank had 26 points in 60 if the stats are right. He's not quite the offensive juggernaut.

With the reliable guys, Harrington's a shutdown man, same as Reinhart and Wotherspoon's pretty reliable

I think for me it would have come down to Frank and Wotherspoon battling for the 7th spot since if not for his offensive play Ryan Murphy would've been locked by Steve Spott his coach, whereas with the similar size and safe plays by both Frank and Tyler I'm not sure why Tyler would have gotten the upper hand on "size" when Frank not only isn't small (Tyler's only got 1 inch and 6 lbs on Frank) but can also hit, skate out of trouble and even score on the other end.

Anyways, they've made up their mind and good for him to not pull any Samuelssons.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Jesus LOVES YOU!
2012, meet Matthew 24:36-47!

14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

#623 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:19 AM

So what if some people won't be cheering that hard for Canada now? I know I won't be now. Having a Canuck on the team adds to the experience imo.

I won't be cheering for Canada to lose, but I don't really care if they win or not. They didn't even pick the players that played the best to make the team.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#624 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:27 AM

So what if some people won't be cheering that hard for Canada now? I know I won't be now. Having a Canuck on the team adds to the experience imo.

I won't be cheering for Canada to lose, but I don't really care if they win or not. They didn't even pick the players that played the best to make the team.

Well aside from possibly Luongo (and who knows if he even will be) there's most likely not going to be any Canucks on our Olympic team in 2014 either, will you not care then?

#625 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,196 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:37 AM

Well aside from possibly Luongo (and who knows if he even will be) there's most likely not going to be any Canucks on our Olympic team in 2014 either, will you not care then?

Not as much without a Canuck. Like I said, it gives it an extra boost. For 2014, I'd be cheering for a Canada vs Sweden final, for the sake of the Sedins of course.

It's hard to cheer for players that I either don't like or am just neutral about.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#626 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,904 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:43 AM

Hamhuis could well make the 2014 roster, he's becoming more known now. He brings a steadiness and a two way game team Canada could use.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#627 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,524 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 03:09 AM

They picked Wotherspoon over Frankie

I knew that.

#628 DanrikCarter

DanrikCarter

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Why did they bother having this stupid camp? It was just a waste of time. The best players (imo) in the camp were MacKinnon, Shinkaruk, Brussoit and Corrado. The fact only 1 of those 4 (and MacKinnon probably would have been chosen even with a bad camp) shows that Hockey Canada had already chosen their team. All this camp did was make 12 players miserable.

Edited by DanrikCarter, 14 December 2012 - 04:03 AM.

Posted Image

#629 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 24,007 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:38 AM

Well you could blame Bettman because if there wasn't a lockout I bet you he would have been on the team. ;)

Sorry Frank that you didn't make the team. But you've certainly gotten a lot of Canucks fans excited for your future on our club.
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#630 BuretoMogilny

BuretoMogilny

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 07:12 AM

Why did they bother having this stupid camp? It was just a waste of time. The best players (imo) in the camp were MacKinnon, Shinkaruk, Brussoit and Corrado. The fact only 1 of those 4 (and MacKinnon probably would have been chosen even with a bad camp) shows that Hockey Canada had already chosen their team. All this camp did was make 12 players miserable.

Thats a fair point, it does seem pretty much year to year they know who they want to take...so why bother?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.