1071 replies to this topic

#661 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

freaking eh guys. why the hell did you not put that in spoilers, i'm watching the game right now. thanks for ruining it for me.

#662 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,563 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

After watching the WJHC loss to the US where Canada got stomped 5-1, it really appears Canada could have used a more stable presence on D, who wasn't flashy but got the job done.

I would've loved to see Corrado on the WJHC roster.

By most accounts his performance at the camp merited selection. We`ve seen this sort of thing happen to less heralded players before at past World Jr selection camps. But yeah, I`m positive he would have been a great deal more effective over there than, say, Ryan Murphy, to name one obvious example.

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#663 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 03:45 PM

That's on Steve Spott... With the amount of talent he was given, he had no plan to respond to the American's speed.

Not to mention, he took his boy Ryan Murphy instead of choosing the best squad...

Corrado should have made it - not that it would have made a difference - Spott's a horrible coach.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#664 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

That's on Steve Spott... With the amount of talent he was given, he had no plan to respond to the American's speed.

Not to mention, he took his boy Ryan Murphy instead of choosing the best squad...

Corrado should have made it - not that it would have made a difference - Spott's a horrible coach.

I only wish we could really have been able to find out.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#665 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,334 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Reilly is one dimensional, he can cover some of his d-zone mistakes with his speed, but still.
Murphy is one dimensional as well. However the dimension he's best at was non-existent in the entire WJC process.
Reinhart honestly was not impressive at all. Average defensively and took bad penalties.

Corrado and Hamilton could have been a solid shut-down pairing. Or Corrado and Wotherspoon, both play a 2-way game.

Subbancopy.jpg

#666 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I only wish we could really have been able to find out.

One man wouldn't have made a difference, to be honest. The whole team was at fault, which means the system they played was suspect - that's on the coach. IMO Spott was Team Canada's kryptonyte.

If anything, I'm glad it showed that Spott has no eye for talent and the game, so I'm glad Corrado wasn't a part of the failed experiment. He's coming along just fine on his own right now.

Edited by Dasein, 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM.

#667 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

One man wouldn't have made a difference, to be honest. The whole team was at fault, which means the system they played was suspect - that's on the coach. IMO Spott was Team Canada's kryptonyte.

If anything, I'm glad it showed that Spott has no eye for talent and the game, so I'm glad Corrado wasn't a part of the failed experiment. He's coming along just fine on his own right now.

In that case, how bad does it look on Spott now that he got the roster he wanted and still couldn't come through? Even in previous years, at least they would still reach the final... Spott sucks. If anything, this should be a wake-up call for Hockey Canada - and a long time coming too, if this history of politics is extensive. It's only too bad that Corrado had to be a victim of that before the necessary changes are made.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#668 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

Corrado had an assist on the PP and was even on the night for the Sudbury Wolves in a 4-3 win over the Brampton Battalion today.

#669 clutesi

clutesi

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

Bob McKenzie's TSN post today suggested Team Canada should have kept Corrado. McKenzie loves this guy.

#670 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,334 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sudbury Wolves@Sudbury_Wolves

After 20 minutes in Mississauga, the Wolves lead the@OHLSteelheads 1 - 0 on a goal by captain @frankcorrado22 !#gowolvesgo

Call this guy up for Camp MG!!!

Subbancopy.jpg

#671 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sudbury Wolves@Sudbury_Wolves
After 20 minutes in Mississauga, the Wolves lead the@OHLSteelheads 1 - 0 on a goal by captain @frankcorrado22 !#gowolvesgo

Call this guy up for Camp MG!!!

You may get your wish. Dan Murphy mentioned on Twitter that Corrado may get the call to come to Canucks training camp.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph

#wolves coming for #canucks camp - Tanev, Connauton, Ebbett, Kassian and Schroeder. Frankie Corrado may get the call.

#672 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

Two quick goals scored by Sudbury at the end of the 2nd. Both even strength, Corrado now a +2.

Another note, Sudbury's goalie Joel Vienneau has really picked up his game this season, hes 20 years old so he wont be able to play in the CHL next year. Be interesting to see what happens to him. Him and Corrado have been taking a shackling all season, and both have handled it well considering.

Edited by knoxdown, 06 January 2013 - 01:35 PM.

"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#673 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Corrado finished with a goal, 2 PIMS and a +2 rating for the Sudbury Wolves in a 5-4 final win over the Mississauga Steelheads.

#674 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

Bob McKenzie's TSN post today suggested Team Canada should have kept Corrado. McKenzie loves this guy.

spott is an idiot. ryan murphy was the worst player ive ever seen put a canadian jersey on. no doubt corrado would have been better than a guy who had 10 bad giveaways a game.

and to put him on the ice in overtime against russia?? what the hell did you think was going to happen, did spott even watch the game up untill that point

#675 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,050 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

i fully expect Fancesco to get the call to training camp.

#676 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

Dem late round canuck D gems.
Bieska, Edler, Corrado
Posted Image

#677 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

Lp

#678 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,600 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

I could see him getting a call to camp, but I would be absolutely shocked if he wasn't back in the OHL pretty soon after.
Posted Image

#679 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

By most accounts his performance at the camp merited selection. We`ve seen this sort of thing happen to less heralded players before at past World Jr selection camps. But yeah, I`m positive he would have been a great deal more effective over there than, say, Ryan Murphy, to name one obvious example.

Ryan Murphy is just an overrated D-man. Canada lost because of this guy.

Posted Image

#680 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think Corrado would be better served to spend the rest of the year in the OHL and maybe be a call-up to the Chicago Wolves if they make the playoffs (obviously the Sudbury Wolves' season would have to be over).

He is doing very well in the OHL, but not completely dominating the league. I don't think his development would be stunted if he finishes the season down there. Let him continue to gain confidence in the OHL rather than be thrown into a pressure situation in a shortened situation where every game is more meaningful because there is less room for error.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#681 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

^^ I agree. His confidence is at an all time high right now. Let him ride it out for as long as he can.

He's the team captain, and he has a chance to help lead his team into the playoffs. It wouldn't do him any good to deny him of that experience, only to be a spare D-man on the Canucks.

Hopefully he has a decent run with the Wolves, and then he can go play in Chicago to end the season. That way he'll know going into the summer what to expect playing in the AHL next season.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#682 DJ Kreuzberg

DJ Kreuzberg

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

^^ I agree. His confidence is at an all time high right now. Let him ride it out for as long as he can.

He's the team captain, and he has a chance to help lead his team into the playoffs. It wouldn't do him any good to deny him of that experience, only to be a spare D-man on the Canucks.

Hopefully he has a decent run with the Wolves, and then he can go play in Chicago to end the season. That way he'll know going into the summer what to expect playing in the AHL next season.

Corrado has been in OHL trade talks for several weeks. He is a likely candidate to be traded before the deadline Jan 10. He actually would have been traded already. He was offered to Owen Sound but the player coming back refused to report to Sudbury.

Corrado will not be with Sudbury for much longer and Sudbury will not go far in the playoffs. He will go to a contender who will try to go for a long run in the playoffs and hopefully the memorial cup. It's only a question of who and when.

#683 eretz canucks

eretz canucks

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Dmen next year

Cannauton and Tanev to NHL

AHL

Sauve
Corrado
Andersson
Polasek
Blumstrand
Tommernes

Price-ECHL/AHL
McNally NCAA/ECHL/AHL

pretty good organizational depth for 4-6 spot kind of guys
no real top 2 dman in our organization-although Corrado has a lot of upside.

#684 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Corrado has been in OHL trade talks for several weeks. He is a likely candidate to be traded before the deadline Jan 10. He actually would have been traded already. He was offered to Owen Sound but the player coming back refused to report to Sudbury.

Corrado will not be with Sudbury for much longer and Sudbury will not go far in the playoffs. He will go to a contender who will try to go for a long run in the playoffs and hopefully the memorial cup. It's only a question of who and when.

Would be cool to see him go to the Bulls to play with Gaunce. :)

Posted Image

#685 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,406 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Can anyone think of any contenders who could potentially lose a Dman thanks to the start of the NHL season (i.e. London Knights losing Scott Harrington to the Pittsburgh Penguins or Niagra losing Dougie Hamilton to the Bruins)?

I guess no OHL team will be eager to trade for Corrado until its determined if he is going to play for the Canucks or not.

Edited by Down by the River, 07 January 2013 - 04:34 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#686 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Can anyone think of any contenders who could potentially lose a Dman thanks to the start of the NHL season (i.e. London Knights losing Scott Harrington to the Pittsburgh Penguins or Niagra losing Dougie Hamilton to the Bruins)?

I guess no OHL team will be eager to trade for Corrado until its determined if he is going to play for the Canucks or not.

I doubt either of those guys play in the NHL this season.

But if Hamilton does play for the Bruins, the Ice Dogs would definitely be in search of a top defenceman, since they've got a good chance to take a run this season.

I don't think the Penguins would keep Harrington either, but it would be cool if Corrado could go to the London Knights. That team is unreal this season.

Posted Image

#687 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,289 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Would be cool to see him go to the Bulls to play with Gaunce. :)

Exactly what I thought when I saw the post too haha

Would be surreal if they won the OHL and Memorial Cup together.

Edited by Dasein, 07 January 2013 - 05:28 PM.

#688 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

Exactly what I thought when I saw the post too haha

Would be surreal if they won the OHL and Memorial Cup together.

It could happen, they just aquired Tyler Grovoac and are looking to make a splash in the playoffs.

Edited by mrsasaki, 07 January 2013 - 05:31 PM.

CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#689 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Anyone else like the looks of Corrado-Garrison

#690 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,596 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:49 PM

I've seen Barrie Colts (who are tops in the same division as the Wolves) suggested as interested in a trade for Corrado, but not sure how valid that is.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.