Corrado
Andersson
Polasek
Blumstrand
Tommernes

Price-ECHL/AHL
McNally NCAA/ECHL/AHL

pretty good organizational depth for 4-6 spot kind of guys
no real top 2 dman in our organization-although Corrado has a lot of upside.

I think Blomstrand is a LW/RW not a Dman

#692 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

IMO he's better off getting traded to a contender in the O rather than staying with the Wolves and then... going to the Wolves at the end of the season.

We all know what a gong-show it has been in Chicago this year, and I think it'll be better for his development to go on a long playoff run packed with intensity and pressure than a 1st-round exit on the farm team - if they even make the playoffs.
RIP LB28, RR37 and PD38... Forever a Canuck

#693 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

Edit: double post

Edited by Canvoucer Vanuck, 07 January 2013 - 06:19 PM.

#694 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:42 PM

Agreed with the consensus; Corrado should just finish his season in the OHL. Let him lead his team to whatever heights he can get them to and gain that valuable experience. When his OHL season is done, THEN he can come up to the AHL or even the Canucks and get a taste of the pros.

#695 higgyfan

higgyfan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,606 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Let him go to a contending team and get playoff experience. If Nucks need him, he can come up when the jrs are done. Give this kid some time, he's gonna be a great rookie.

#696 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,757 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

Kitchener Rangers have reportedly added #Leafs prospect Josh Leivo and #Canucks prospect Frank Corrado. #OHL

https://twitter.com/...512578420883456

Posted Image

STHS Hockey League - Brooklyn Beavers GM

#697 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

https://twitter.com/SNTonyAmbrogio/status/288512578420883456

Goddamnit Spott! Make up your mind.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#698 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

He was the heart and soul of Sudbury... but it should mean a longer playoff run for him. Just means he has to get coached by Steve Spott...

Thanks for the update.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#699 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Well, now our two OHL defencemen are teammates, maybe they'll play together, Corrado would likely be a good influence on McEneny.

Blue Team

#700 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Is someone s#$%ing me! He gets cut by this guy, then 'said' coach trades for him 3 weeks later? Is this guy on serious crack?!?
Told that troll he'd regret cutting him.

Also, since Rangers will prob go longer in playoffs, does that mean he won't join Wolves for playoffs this yr? They're going to desperately need him now that Tanevs gone.

#701 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

I actually thought this could be a possibility and it actually happened. Hilarious move by Scott.

It's like he's admitting he did wrong and need a defensive defenseman to save his team.

With John Gibson back there and Corrado added, Kitchener could make a push - though I don't think they'll go all the way.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#702 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

frack, I hate Spott, I had a feeling this was going to happen lol...

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#703 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:52 PM

I would walk into the office and laugh in Spotts face. Then casually put an 'idiot' sign on his back.

#704 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

is Corrado going to a good team that can develop defenseman well? a stacked team? good in the long run?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#705 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,834 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

is Corrado going to a good team that can develop defenseman well? a stacked team? good in the long run?

Well he's only going to be there for half a season so I'm not sure how much time there is to learn from the coaches but yes Kitchener is known as a talented team year in and out.

He'll have WJC star John Gibson in net

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#706 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Spotts the coach so defensively I'd say no.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#707 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,668 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Is someone s#$%ing me! He gets cut by this guy, then 'said' coach trades for him 3 weeks later? Is this guy on serious crack?!?

Also, since Rangers will prob go longer in playoffs, does that mean he won't join Wolves for playoffs this yr? They're going to desperately need him now that Tanevs gone.

He'll probably bench Corrado for every game until he quits hockey so that he can vent his rage at Bob McKenzie and everybody else in Canada at being embarrassed.

Blue Team

#708 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

Wolves won't make the playoffs, it's better for Corrado to play with the Rangers.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#709 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Instead of focusing on ripping Spott, let's focus on the positives. Corrado was traded to a better OHL team, which means he'll have a better chance at going far in the OHL playoffs and gaining a bit more winning experience. This is a positive development and a perfect way to end his junior career and vault him up to the next level: the pros.

#710 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

Wow kind of weird Spott cut him then trades for him, I'm not going to rip him though, the WJ's are behind me (Atleast Canada's part in it) just kind of ironic.

The Rangers are actually looking pretty stacked though, Murphy jokes aside they have alot of big names:

- Radek Faksa
- Matt Puempel
- Frank Corrado
- Ryan Murphy
- John Gibson
- Tobias Rieder
- Josh Leivo

Even some other good players who aren't stars but are still good.
- Matia Marcantuoni
- Justin Bailey
- Evan McEneny
- Brent Pederson

zackass.png

#711 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,047 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

The Rangers are now a very good team. Maybe not as good as the Knights or the Ice Dogs, but they'll be a contender.

They've got Gibson in net, who was the WJC MVP, so anyhting is possible.

They've also got Radek Faksa, who is a Dallas Stars pick that's a very good player. And Matt Puempel who is a top prospect of the Senators.

And then obviously they have Ryan Murphy who hopefully Corrado will be playing with. And also our other prospect Evan McEneny. So it should be a solid team now.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#712 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,414 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Come on spott, you know whats right. Slot Frankie Corrado with Mac Daddy on an all canuck pairing. Drop drive-thru Murphy to the 2nd unit.

Subbancopy.jpg

#713 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,217 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

The Rangers are now a very good team. Maybe not as good as the Knights or the Ice Dogs, but they'll be a contender.

They've got Gibson in net, who was the WJC MVP, so anyhting is possible.

They've also got Radek Faksa, who is a Dallas Stars pick that's a very good player. And Matt Puempel who is a top prospect of the Senators.

And then obviously they have Ryan Murphy who hopefully Corrado will be playing with. And also our other prospect Evan McEneny. So it should be a solid team now.

I think there line-up is more balanced than the Ice Dogs. And they have better goaltending, probably/possibly the best in the CHL.

If Puempel can get back from this injury and play like he can, and if Murphy can return to form, they are a great condtender for the OHL title, it comes down to the Knights and Rangers in my mind.

zackass.png

#714 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:41 AM

Come on spott, you know whats right. Slot Frankie Corrado with Mac Daddy on an all canuck pairing. Drop drive-thru Murphy to the 2nd unit.

This.

2d7ye0p.jpg

#715 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,164 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

LMAOOOOOOOOOO

I actually thought this could be a possibility and it actually happened. Hilarious move by Scott.

It's like he's admitting he did wrong and need a defensive defenseman to save his team.

With John Gibson back there and Corrado added, Kitchener could make a push - though I don't think they'll go all the way.

That was my first thought, was him replaying the game winning goal by the Russians over and over in his mind and wondering if he could put Murphy on in anything but a man advantage anymore. He probably sits awake at night now, saying to himself, "I wish I'd kept Corrado, I wish I'd kept Corrado, I wish I'd kept Corrado..."

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#716 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

I'm not convinced the Wolves should have made this deal but they did get a lot for two guys who will likely be gone in 28 games. The East is going to open up a lot more than the west as Niagara and Barrie will likely lose a lot to the NHL. Especially Niagara. London is still untouchable in the west so not sure the Rangers are going to gain much. Maybe they win a round this year?

Leivo and Corrado are there because they can score and the Rangers can't. Especially if Puempel doesn't come back. The ironic thing is while this helps one Canuck OHL prospect it probably severely limits the ice time of another one. Corrado is going to likely play with Murphy to try and get him stable this year.

#717 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Wolves won't make the playoffs, it's better for Corrado to play with the Rangers.

Wolves are 4 points different than the Rangers. They will easily make the playoffs and they have improved their goaltending immensely with Pallazzese. Genovese is a solid at home D man. Lose a good chunk of their scoring but this is probably a good move going forward for the Wolves because they likely weren't going past a round even if they did upset a weakened Ice Dogs in the first round. Ballsy move for the Rangers though. Pretty high risk high reward and with the way London is stacked this year I just don't see how they possibly lose 4 games out of 7. But the Rangers sure are giving it a go.

It's hard not to like the Rangers. Best building in junior hockey and the fans to go with it. Maybe the best building in all of hockey these days. The Aud is awesome and the atmosphere is amazing.

Edited by bd71, 08 January 2013 - 10:33 AM.

#718 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Would be sick if Spott could help develop his offensive game a little bit more.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#719 Canvoucer Vanuck

Canvoucer Vanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,625 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

I would walk into the office and laugh in Spotts face. Then casually put an 'idiot' sign on his back.

Haha, this.

Sudbury wasn't going anywhere I don't think, so he'll definitely go further with the Rangers... I just don't think it'll be the furthest. Would have liked to see him go to Belleville to play with Gaunce.

#720 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

HAHAHAHA.. too funny, at least we know he learns from his mistakes and is becoming a better coach

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.