The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Didn't frankie Corrado scored a game winniner this summer in a 4 team tournament in Russia this summer? On top of that, the game winner against the Russians in game 4 in the Subway series? Clutch :)

Jensen, Rodin, Schroeder, Hodgson and Bourdon all played in the WJHC in the last 7 years

We don't have a player playing for our team that we drafted in our last 7 years :(

Didn't frankie Corrado scored a game winniner this summer in a 4 team tournament in Russia this summer? On top of that, the game winner against the Russians in game 4 in the Subway series? Clutch :)

We don't have a player playing for our team that we drafted in our last 7 years :(

But we have 12 players who have represented their countries in either the olympics or the world championships.

And we have 3 players that are on the brink of making the NHL that have competed in the world juniors, and two have medals. (Schroeder - Gold, Kassian - Silver)

The only way Corrado doesn't make the team from here is if Spott lets bias towards first round picks influence his decisions. He has been the best dman in camp.

honestly you can be upsetif he doesn'tmake it but not surprised. we are canucks nation don't forget. you should be accustomed to getting shafted.

The only way Corrado doesn't make the team from here is if Spott lets bias towards first round picks influence his decisions. He has been the best dman in camp.

He has come so far so fast that even to be there is a huge accomplishment for him. As he played himself on the radar it will be harder for him to make it because the other guys are more well know but he is certainly showing up. I think he will make it now and I was never overly confident but his ability to step up in the important situations is awesome. He just keeps going.

Haven't seen the games so I can't go that far in my comments, and I don't think the games have been televised so lets not put nucks blinders on.

However, he has clearly stood out as one of the better dmen from comments in the press, enough so that given the poor performances, or lack of standout performances by some of the 'expected' or big name players that he absolutely has earned a spot.

Hopefully, coaches aren't blinded by the 'he's expected to be a top ten pick or was a top ten pick' attitude vis a vis he was a fifth rounder having a great 'short camp'. Easy for the coaches to dismiss an 'expected great' players camp as an abberation and for them to say the same about Corrado - abberation.

But if they do their jobs and take the kids who have performed the best under pressure they really have no choice but to take him.

He's earned it and certainly just keeps getting better. This kid was a gem, a steal and who know's what his limit is if he can continue to develop his game.

Last year in camp he surprised the Nucks, this year for team Canada a 5th rounder is getting all the attention over guys like Dougie Hamilton etc...Regardless, he definitely has the focus to be a solid NHL'er, the committment, and through that committment giving us a lens into his heart...Sounds like the type of player that explifies what it means to be a Canuck.

And he's ours :)

Haven't seen the games so I can't go that far in my comments, and I don't think the games have been televised so lets not put nucks blinders on.

However, he has clearly stood out as one of the better dmen from comments in the press, enough so that given the poor performances, or lack of standout performances by some of the 'expected' or big name players that he absolutely has earned a spot.

Hopefully, coaches aren't blinded by the 'he's expected to be a top ten pick or was a top ten pick' attitude vis a vis he was a fifth rounder having a great 'short camp'. Easy for the coaches to dismiss an 'expected great' players camp as an abberation and for them to say the same about Corrado - abberation.

But if they do their jobs and take the kids who have performed the best under pressure they really have no choice but to take him.

He's earned it and certainly just keeps getting better. This kid was a gem, a steal and who know's what his limit is if he can continue to develop his game.

Last year in camp he surprised the Nucks, this year for team Canada a 5th rounder is getting all the attention over guys like Dougie Hamilton etc...Regardless, he definitely has the focus to be a solid NHL'er, the committment, and through that committment giving us a lens into his heart...Sounds like the type of player that explifies what it means to be a Canuck.

And he's ours :)

I have watched the games (stream) and I can assure you he is as good as people describe him. Definitely one of the better defenders in the camp, performance wise.

I have watched the games (stream) and I can assure you he is as good as people describe him. Definitely one of the better defenders in the camp, performance wise.

Is there a stream link for today? Want to watch...thanks in advance

And that's great to hear, he deserves to be on the team. A spot will not only further his development, but confidence as well, which is a big thing making the next step...but from everything we've heard about this kid from last year's camp on seems like he may have some terrific leadership skills...committment and achieving above expectations is what great leaders are often made from.

Rielly - 5th overall

Hamilton - 9th overall

Harrington -54th overall

Ouellet - 48th overall

Reinhart - 4th overall

Corrado - 150th ovearll

Murphy - 12th overall

A right-shot Team Canada WJC-worthy defenseman at 150th overall?!?

Crickey, what a steal!

Curious how he fell so far, if indeed he's this good...

How much would you love to see Burke fuming on TV if Reilly gets cut and Corrado makes it. And then we say, know what, we have someone better than Reilly so we don't want him in the Lou deal, you gotta up your offer there Brian (sarcasm on the last bit here but it should would be funny!)

LOL!

This is called cherry picking your facts to make the argument you want.

We have Tanev playing on our team, while we didn't draft him... we signed him from college.

We have about half our roster from players who we drafted including our core guys.

The fact that we don't have a player on our roster drafted since 2005 is simply explained by the ridiculous success we have had on the ice since then. Only the top 5 players in a draft are relatively safe picks who are close to NHL ready. The rest are "maybes" and projects who will take longer to develop.

I think you seem to be inferring that we draft poorly... but the evidence suggest that we simply are not getting high enough picks. I suspect a MG focus in a Luongo trade and other moves is going to be to add some blue chip prospects to the system. We are now at the right time to inject them as they will be ready in 3-4 years to take on a major role in the team right when our current players start retiring.

Archived