1056 replies to this topic

#721 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:31 PM

Wolves are 4 points different than the Rangers. They will easily make the playoffs and they have improved their goaltending immensely with Pallazzese. Genovese is a solid at home D man. Lose a good chunk of their scoring but this is probably a good move going forward for the Wolves because they likely weren't going past a round even if they did upset a weakened Ice Dogs in the first round. Ballsy move for the Rangers though. Pretty high risk high reward and with the way London is stacked this year I just don't see how they possibly lose 4 games out of 7. But the Rangers sure are giving it a go.

It's hard not to like the Rangers. Best building in junior hockey and the fans to go with it. Maybe the best building in all of hockey these days. The Aud is awesome and the atmosphere is amazing.

I meant the Chicago Wolves. We were talking about whether it was better for Frankie's development to possibly finish in Sudbury by mid March, then go down to the CHICAGO Wolves and play the rest of the season there. My point was that the Chicago Wolves, would probably not make the playoffs, so a longer stint with the Rangers would be better for his development.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#722 mrsasaki

mrsasaki

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:53 PM

Apperently he will be playing in the second pair, and Murphy and McEneny will stay together. Not sure how I feel with that. I mean it would be good for us to have Corrado and McEneny together, but then Murphy would be a train wreck defensively with no one to cover him. Would have been nice to see Corrado with Murphy
CDC Sim Connected: Nashville GM
LOB (PS3): Boston GM

#723 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,037 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Apperently he will be playing in the second pair, and Murphy and McEneny will stay together. Not sure how I feel with that. I mean it would be good for us to have Corrado and McEneny together, but then Murphy would be a train wreck defensively with no one to cover him. Would have been nice to see Corrado with Murphy

Corrado and McEneny both play right side, so it's unlikely they'd be paired together.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#724 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:06 PM

Corrado will debut with the Kitchener Rangers today against the Guelph Storm at 4PM EST.

#725 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:15 PM

Corrado and McEneny both play right side, so it's unlikely they'd be paired together.

McEneny plays on the left. Ryan Murphy plays on the right. So Corrado could be paired with McEneny.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#726 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,037 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Why am I thinking he plays the right side then? Oh well, can't get 'em all right - and good luck to Frankie in his Kitchener debut! We'll have to see where they put everyone.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#727 bd71

bd71

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

I meant the Chicago Wolves. We were talking about whether it was better for Frankie's development to possibly finish in Sudbury by mid March, then go down to the CHICAGO Wolves and play the rest of the season there. My point was that the Chicago Wolves, would probably not make the playoffs, so a longer stint with the Rangers would be better for his development.

My apologies to you sir and you are correct in your assessment.

#728 wshdrvvn

wshdrvvn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

if he sits behind ryan murphy on anything but power play i'm not sure i like the trade (other than for the possibility of playing more games in the playoffs). Corrado and mceneny should be the top even strength pair.

#729 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Corrado a +1 so far in his first period as a Ranger.

Looks like he's playing with Fanelli. I guess that's their shutdown pair.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#730 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

That was my first thought, was him replaying the game winning goal by the Russians over and over in his mind and wondering if he could put Murphy on in anything but a man advantage anymore. He probably sits awake at night now, saying to himself, "I wish I'd kept Corrado, I wish I'd kept Corrado, I wish I'd kept Corrado..."

I bet if this deal was made a few weeks before the selection camp Corrado would have made it, there would have been no bias for Spott since they would both be his players.

:P

zackass.png

#731 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:58 PM

nice that there is two canuck D prospect in one team......too bad Gaunce is not part of it either but mceneny and Corrado could be a future Defense pairing for canucks?

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#732 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Corrado a +1 so far in his first period as a Ranger.

Looks like he's playing with Fanelli. I guess that's their shutdown pair.

Doubt it.

McEneny and Murphy are probably the shutdown pairing.

BTW Fanelli's the guy who came back from this after two years:

Resilient and inspiring. Definitely deserves that letter he has on his sweater.

#733 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Well, the trade already paying dividends. Corrado and Leivo team up for assists on 3rd goal of game.

Now 4-1, all ES goals.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#734 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yep I would say the trade is paying off so far. Rangers lead 6-1.

Leivo with a goal and an assist. Corrado with an assist and a +2. He's been on the ice for 3 golas for, and 1 goal against.

Posted Image

#735 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

Seems Corrado took number 10 instead of 22 which was available. Probably because he wants to make the big league and knows Sedin wheres it?
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#736 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:31 PM

Seems Corrado took number 10 instead of 22 which was available. Probably because he wants to make the big league and knows Sedin wheres it?

He should have taken 6. That kinda makes me sad to see that it is available.

#737 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,282 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:45 PM

He should have taken 6. That kinda makes me sad to see that it is available.

Connauton is number 6 if he manages to make the team.

Posted Image

#738 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'd think this would be the case. Salo has been a helluva defenseman for the organization but he hasn't done anything special enough to warrant number retirement.

#739 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,704 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Maybe he has insiderr information that the Canucks are going to make a push for Weber next offeseason :bigblush:
-Edgar Allen Poe

#740 bluesy_shoes

bluesy_shoes

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

Maybe he has insiderr information that the Canucks are going to make a push for Weber next offeseason :bigblush:

Just curious, what is the sense around here: who do you think will play out their NHL rookie status (25 reg. season games) first, Connauton or Corrado? I think that's when the Canucks gave Tanev his number 8. Who earns the 6?

Posted Image

bluesy_shoes

#741 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

Just curious, what is the sense around here: who do you think will play out their NHL rookie status (25 reg. season games) first, Connauton or Corrado? I think that's when the Canucks gave Tanev his number 8. Who earns the 6?

I think Connauton will be the first to taste NHL action but ultimately Corrado will beat him to the 25 game mark. Connauton will likely be the first call-up kind of guy for awhile but I think when Corrado gets the call he'll be in Vancouver to stay.

I could be way off, though.

#742 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

POPULAR

Doubt it.

McEneny and Murphy are probably the shutdown pairing.

BTW Fanelli's the guy who came back from this after two years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1a12G5xWYE

Resilient and inspiring. Definitely deserves that letter he has on his sweater.

Did you really just use Murphy and Shutdown pairing in the same sentence? :bigblush:

zackass.png

#743 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

I think Connauton will be the first to taste NHL action but ultimately Corrado will beat him to the 25 game mark. Connauton will likely be the first call-up kind of guy for awhile but I think when Corrado gets the call he'll be in Vancouver to stay.

I could be way off, though.

I think so too, his game is alot more well rounded than Connaution's, which would be the reason Corrado might beat him out, the only way I could see it otherwise is if Corrado takes longer to get adjusted to & comfortable with the pro game and needs to stay in the A for awhile, other wise I could see him shooting up our depth chart sooner rather than later.

Edited by Smashian Kassian, 09 January 2013 - 02:07 AM.

zackass.png

#744 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

By the way, I say that as one of Connauton's biggest fans. He's one of my favourite Canucks prospects and I really want him to succeed, which is why I've been hoping he improves his defensive game. His shot and offensive tools make him an intriguing player who I'm looking forward to seeing in a Canucks jersey sooner rather than later.

#745 Derp...

Derp...

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

Corrado is better than Connauton, but we arn't going to rush him into the league when we have solid D men who can do the grind for us currently. Corrado will be top 4 for sure and he will be an asset for us for a long time. He just keeps getting better! Connauton will get the call up as soon as we need a D guy to fill an injury or play a game so our top guys can rest with this hectic schedual.

Stoked to see what we get back from TO as well in the Luongo deal seems like kadri and bozak plus a second is the going trend... I'd rather leave kadri and take first rounderthough
Sig too big.

#746 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 19,852 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:22 PM

I would love to see Spotts face if Corrado came to Canucks camp and made the team.
Posted Image

#747 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,281 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

I would love to see Spotts face if Corrado came to Canucks camp and made the team.

Me too, It's very unlikely but could u imagine this guy 1st makes a boneheaded move cutting him from Team Canada, then Team Canada goes and the defense is revealed as a huge weakness, THEN he trades for the guy. Then he makes our team.

Again it is very very unlikely, but man would he make Spott look terrible.

zackass.png

#748 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,675 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

Me too, It's very unlikely but could u imagine this guy 1st makes a boneheaded move cutting him from Team Canada, then Team Canada goes and the defense is revealed as a huge weakness, THEN he trades for the guy. Then he makes our team.

Again it is very very unlikely, but man would he make Spott look terrible.

Hope it happens because the job he did in UFA was terrible... every time the camera was on him it looked like he didn't know wtf he was doing.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#749 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Did you really just use Murphy and Shutdown pairing in the same sentence? :bigblush:

Yeah, in the context of Spott's coaching mechanisms :P

#750 hockeywoot

hockeywoot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Man this kid keeps getting better and better.
What a pick!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.