The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

Rielly - 5th overall Hamilton - 9th overall Harrington -54th overall Ouellet - 48th overall Reinhart - 4th overall Corrado - 150th ovearll Murphy - 12th overall A right-shot Team Canada WJC-worthy defenseman at 150th overall?!? Crickey, what a steal! Curious how he fell so far, if indeed he's this good...

i don't think that the Canucks knew Corrado would just go stud mode on them here and be battling for a spot on team Canada's WJC roster.

Dumba is a clear cut, surprised they cut Pouliot instead of Dumba.

Wotherspoon hasn't done enough IMO, Sproul has been alright, he has got good size.

I say it's down to Reinhart and Sproul.

Reinhart has been silently edging the other two out for me. Wotherspoon just looks ineffective and Sproul despite his shot and size seem to use neither and keeps getting stripped of the puck in his own zone. Reinhart meanwhile has been grinding the CIS All Stars against the boards, just shoves people off the puck, stops rushes by just being a human blockade. And Corrado has just been bulletproof. He took a penalty but it was on par with the AHL's notorious two minute minor for being Zach Kassian. Realyl soft.

How much longer in the game? And what's the score?

They make the final cuts after this game right?

It's over, 2-0 for Team Canada though once the All Stars changed goalies we couldn't beat him. He hasn't let a puck in all camp. Highlight reel saves are the reason we didn't score more. Cuts happen tonight.

Reinhart has been silently edging the other two out for me. Wotherspoon just looks ineffective and Sproul despite his shot and size seem to use neither and keeps getting stripped of the puck in his own zone. Reinhart meanwhile has been grinding the CIS All Stars against the boards, just shoves people off the puck, stops rushes by just being a human blockade. And Corrado has just been bulletproof. He took a penalty but it was on par with the AHL's notorious two minute minor for being Zach Kassian. Realyl soft.

Yeah I agree. I would choose Reinhart above the other too aswell, for me: (Top 4 may vary)

Harrington - Hamilton

Rielly - Ouellet

Reinhart - Corrado

Murphy

Proud to see that he's really stepped it up since his draft year; I'm pretty sure that no one even heard of his name before his getting picked by Vancouver (kudos if you did :P).  And now he's on this team competing against and beating more "high-profile" players like Dumba, Sproul, Murphy and possibly Reinhart to claim his roster spot on the back end!  

Checked the Team Canada website and realized that he, Charles Hudon and that goalie Brossoit were the only 3 players drafted in the 5th round or later, and I think I saw another 4th rounder on the team, but it's just so remarkable how (as has been repeatedly pointed out but I'll say it again) his stock has really risen and he could probably pull a Bieksa (5th round, 151st pick in his year) and hopefully stick on the team (both this WJC team and hopefully the Canucks) to provide another solid two-way, physical right-handed D-man on the back end!

Looking forward to see him stick!

What's crazy is Ouellet, Paterson, and Sproul are all Detroit draft picks and none of them were taken in the 1st round.  The Wings also have Martin Frk, a second round pick, who is lighting it up in Halifax.  Once again the Red Wing scouts prove they know how to draft past the 1st round.

What's crazy is Ouellet, Paterson, and Sproul are all Detroit draft picks and none of them were taken in the 1st round. The Wings also have Martin Frk, a second round pick, who is lighting it up in Halifax. Once again the Red Wing scouts prove they know how to draft past the 1st round.

Yep, it's pretty impressive.

The funny thing is, people know that these players are good before Detroit drafts them. They just seem to have a knack for snagging them in the right rounds.

Like who didn't know that guys like Tatar, Jarnkrok, Jurco and Nyquist were going to be great players? Everyone on here were raving about these guys before those drafts. Yet they all fall to Detroit somehow, probably because other teams think they can get them in later rounds. That`s what I mean about having a knack of knowing when to select certain players.

Honzik and Mallet were good examples of players that were selected too early. Mallet probably could have been had in the 4th round and the Canucks could have gotten Severson or Pelech instead. And Honzik could have been drafted with our later 3rd round pick or even 4th, and we could have gotten another D prospect. Grenier could have always been taken later too. It`s all about timing.

Yep, it's pretty impressive.

The funny thing is, people know that these players are good before Detroit drafts them. They just seem to have a knack for snagging them in the right rounds.

Like who didn't know that guys like Tatar, Jarnkrok, Jurco and Nyquist were going to be great players? Everyone on here were raving about these guys before those drafts. Yet they all fall to Detroit somehow, probably because other teams think they can get them in later rounds. That`s what I mean about having a knack of knowing when to select certain players.

Honzik and Mallet were good examples of players that were selected too early.

When you describe it that way, Detroit's scouting team actually resembles Nik Lidstrom's play. Always in the right place at the right time, never out of position. Knows when to pinch/gamble, when to drop back.

Hopefully we'll know within a couple of hours if Corrado has made it or not.

TSNBobMcKenzie If you are projecting a roster for Team Canada, start with premise 4 D and 8 F spots were IMO secure before today's game.

First four D: Rielly, Hamilton, Harrington, Ouellet. First 8 Fs: Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele, Hudon-Strome-Ritchie, Jenner-Danault.

Team Canada wins 2-0. Final cuts will be made today, probably in the next couple of hours.

For all those asking, I think MacKinnon played well enough all week and Drouin, Rattie and Lipon may have helped themselves the most today.

Nothing specific I saw on Corrado, but the wait will soon be over!

Archived