The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

^^ I agree. His confidence is at an all time high right now. Let him ride it out for as long as he can.

He's the team captain, and he has a chance to help lead his team into the playoffs. It wouldn't do him any good to deny him of that experience, only to be a spare D-man on the Canucks.

Hopefully he has a decent run with the Wolves, and then he can go play in Chicago to end the season. That way he'll know going into the summer what to expect playing in the AHL next season.

^^ I agree. His confidence is at an all time high right now. Let him ride it out for as long as he can.

He's the team captain, and he has a chance to help lead his team into the playoffs. It wouldn't do him any good to deny him of that experience, only to be a spare D-man on the Canucks.

Hopefully he has a decent run with the Wolves, and then he can go play in Chicago to end the season. That way he'll know going into the summer what to expect playing in the AHL next season.

Corrado has been in OHL trade talks for several weeks. He is a likely candidate to be traded before the deadline Jan 10. He actually would have been traded already. He was offered to Owen Sound but the player coming back refused to report to Sudbury.

Corrado will not be with Sudbury for much longer and Sudbury will not go far in the playoffs. He will go to a contender who will try to go for a long run in the playoffs and hopefully the memorial cup. It's only a question of who and when.

Corrado has been in OHL trade talks for several weeks. He is a likely candidate to be traded before the deadline Jan 10. He actually would have been traded already. He was offered to Owen Sound but the player coming back refused to report to Sudbury.

Corrado will not be with Sudbury for much longer and Sudbury will not go far in the playoffs. He will go to a contender who will try to go for a long run in the playoffs and hopefully the memorial cup. It's only a question of who and when.

Would be cool to see him go to the Bulls to play with Gaunce. :)

Can anyone think of any contenders who could potentially lose a Dman thanks to the start of the NHL season (i.e. London Knights losing Scott Harrington to the Pittsburgh Penguins or Niagra losing Dougie Hamilton to the Bruins)?

I guess no OHL team will be eager to trade for Corrado until its determined if he is going to play for the Canucks or not.

Can anyone think of any contenders who could potentially lose a Dman thanks to the start of the NHL season (i.e. London Knights losing Scott Harrington to the Pittsburgh Penguins or Niagra losing Dougie Hamilton to the Bruins)?

I guess no OHL team will be eager to trade for Corrado until its determined if he is going to play for the Canucks or not.

I doubt either of those guys play in the NHL this season.

But if Hamilton does play for the Bruins, the Ice Dogs would definitely be in search of a top defenceman, since they've got a good chance to take a run this season.

I don't think the Penguins would keep Harrington either, but it would be cool if Corrado could go to the London Knights. That team is unreal this season.

Guest Dasein

Would be cool to see him go to the Bulls to play with Gaunce. :)

Exactly what I thought when I saw the post too haha

Would be surreal if they won the OHL and Memorial Cup together.

Dmen next year

Cannauton and Tanev to NHL

AHL

Sauve

Corrado

Andersson

Polasek

Blumstrand

Tommernes

Price-ECHL/AHL

McNally NCAA/ECHL/AHL

pretty good organizational depth for 4-6 spot kind of guys

no real top 2 dman in our organization-although Corrado has a lot of upside.

I think Blomstrand is a LW/RW not a Dman

IMO he's better off getting traded to a contender in the O rather than staying with the Wolves and then... going to the Wolves at the end of the season.

We all know what a gong-show it has been in Chicago this year, and I think it'll be better for his development to go on a long playoff run packed with intensity and pressure than a 1st-round exit on the farm team - if they even make the playoffs.

Agreed with the consensus; Corrado should just finish his season in the OHL. Let him lead his team to whatever heights he can get them to and gain that valuable experience. When his OHL season is done, THEN he can come up to the AHL or even the Canucks and get a taste of the pros.

Is someone s#$%ing me! He gets cut by this guy, then 'said' coach trades for him 3 weeks later? Is this guy on serious crack?!?

Told that troll he'd regret cutting him.

Also, since Rangers will prob go longer in playoffs, does that mean he won't join Wolves for playoffs this yr? They're going to desperately need him now that Tanevs gone.

Archived