The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Frank Corrado | D

b3.

I was thinking the other day that, if Corrado continues to improve at the rate he currently is, he might form a deadly partner with Connauton.

- One shoots right, one shoots left

- Corrado has a great first pass, Kevin is good at rushing the puck

- They both have a bomb of a shot

- Connauton has a bit of a edge to his game, while Corrado is a bit more heady

They compliment each other very well, plus a PP with two cannons is never a bad thing

definitely the PP duo of the future at least.

In a rather nice surprise, Corrado has been named captain of Sudbury this year. He was an alternate captain last year.

With this on the heels of the Gaunce announcment, we absolutely have some leadership qualities coming up through the ranks so it's just the hope that the skill/talent level follows through as well. If we can develop some top end talent to go with our depth, our outlook beyond the Sedins could be much improved.

In a rather nice surprise, Corrado has been named captain of Sudbury this year. He was an alternate captain last year.

With this on the heels of the Gaunce announcment, we absolutely have some leadership qualities coming up through the ranks so it's just the hope that the skill/talent level follows through as well. If we can develop some top end talent to go with our depth, our outlook beyond the Sedins could be much improved.

Jeremy Price was named as a Captain of his College team as well. It is one of Gillis' draft criteria.

This is going to be a big year for Corrado. Look for him to get a lot more respect throughout the CHL and amongst non-Canuck fans

He was already starting to get that last year.

With the 'C', previous nomination for top D in the OHL, and the previous impressive showing at Canucks camp - this is the year for Corrado to move even further up the Canucks D prospects.

He was already starting to get that last year.

With the 'C', previous nomination for top D in the OHL, and the previous impressive showing at Canucks camp - this is the year for Corrado to move even further up the Canucks D prospects.

I agree, the nomination for Top OHL Defensman was a big coup. It opened the eyes of many outside of Sudbury. With this being his 19 year old year in the O, I expect him to continue shining in all situations, leading his team on the PP, PK, +/- and ice time, as well as close to a PPG ratio.

This prospect forum will be my home until the CBA is resolved, so im happy to have so many talented players to keep an eye on.

I agree, the nomination for Top OHL Defensman was a big coup. It opened the eyes of many outside of Sudbury. With this being his 19 year old year in the O, I expect him to continue shining in all situations, leading his team on the PP, PK, +/- and ice time, as well as close to a PPG ratio.

This prospect forum will be my home until the CBA is resolved, so im happy to have so many talented players to keep an eye on.

Very true. It will be interesting following them even closer. Corrado's one of my favorites.

As per Bob McKenzie, the Canucks have put Corrado on their shortlist to recall from junior to compete for a spot at training camp once it starts. No mention of any other players like Gaunce. They would only have been able to submit 2 or 3 names total anyway as part of the recall exemption due to the lockout pushing back training camps.

@TSNBobMcKenzie

In late August, NHL teams had to submit short list (no more than 2 or 3) of drafted CHL juniors they would like to recall if lockout ends.

VAN's only guy on the list is Frank Corrado.

IF lockout ends, these players could be recalled to tryout for NHL team and then normal rules apply for keeping or sending back to jr.

Archived