Canucks Community

Pathrik Westerholm Talk

b3.

Not always...

Sergei Fedorov > Fedor Fedorov

Paul Kariya > Steve Kariya

Chris Pronger > Sean Pronger

..and we managed to get all of the weaker brothers. :P

But man, this might be the most excited I've ever been over a 6th round pick. Can you imagine two pairs of Swedish Twins in the same organization? They might never play in the NHL but that just blows my mind.

Pavel Bure? :D

But yeah, I'm pretty stoked. I'm not expecting anything spectacular from them, but this is still exciting.

I'm curious whether the Canucks will sign his brother before training camp or invite him to training camp and then make a decision on whether to sign him.

Well, there's questions swirling around Pathrik, wondering if he can still play to his high ability without his brother. This is a situation very much like the Sedins, where they feed off of each other better then anyone else.

I haven't seen anyone post this quote from LG yet:

"Pathrik is a smart play-making centre with the ability to score," adds Gilman. "We felt that if we got Pathrik drafted that we'd have a lock on his brother.

So, I'd say the Canucks are planning exactly what we've been suggesting (re: signing undrafted twin brother Ponthus Westerholm).

Joey Kenward's take:

Vancouver's only selection in the 6th round (180th) was Pathrik Westerholm from Malmo of the Swedish Jr. League. A 6'0", 185lbs centre, Westerholm scored eight goals and 13 assists in 34 games this year. He was rated 37th on the final rankings of European skaters by NHL Central Scouting. For what it's worth, he has a twin brother who he plays with. Ponthus Westerholm was undrafted this year, but in 33 games he had 16 goals and 39 assists. Don't be surprised to see the Canucks bring him to training camp in the fall.

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

nice but need his brother and they can work with the sedins imagine Sedins V2.0

The difference here is that Pathrik is better then Ponthus, similar to the situation with the Bashkirov brothers where Ruslan was better then Roman.

I think if Pathrik was the exact same player but didn't have a twin, he would have been drafted last year.

Not always...

Sergei Fedorov > Fedor Fedorov

Paul Kariya > Steve Kariya

Chris Pronger > Sean Pronger

..and we managed to get all of the weaker brothers. :P

But man, this might be the most excited I've ever been over a 6th round pick. Can you imagine two pairs of Swedish Twins in the same organization? They might never play in the NHL but that just blows my mind.

But.... if we get a hold of both brothers, we will most definitely have at least one turn out good. :P

Then you have the famous Kostsithens(?) that used to play for the Habs. Finally they admitted defeat and shipped the one bro to the Preds to let the top coach in the NHL tune him in!

Aren't there any more Sutter twins coming out of Red Deer? We need some 'junk yard dogs' on this team.

List of development camp attendees?

From what I've seen/heard, everyone should be coming except Prab Rai and Ilja Kablukov. I'm sure as the day creeps closer we will have a greater idea, probably around July 2nd/3rd. I know that Ponthus Westerholm is coming (obviously), and I think a goalie.

EDIT:

The goaltender is Karel St. Laurent.

Karel St. Laurent
Goalie
Born Dec 30 1990 -- Ville Ste-Catherine, PQ
Height 6.04 -- Weight 181 -- Shoots L

Season Team Lge GP Min GA EN SO GAA W L T Svs Pct
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 21 974 53 1 1 3.26 8 5 0 484 0.901
2009-10 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 25 1392 65 3 2 2.80 17 5 0 597 0.902
2010-11 Surrey Eagles BCHL 32 1905 87 0 1 2.74 19 12 1 954 0.916
2010-11 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 5 305 15 0 0 2.95 4 1 0 137 0.901

--- Regular Season --- ---- Playoffs ----
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-09 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 66 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0
2009-10 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 68 0 1 1 0 21 0 0 0 0
2010-11 Surrey Eagles BCHL 32 0 0 0 4 -- -- -- -- --
2010-11 Saint John Sea Dogs QMJHL 5 0 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- --
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/code]

We also invited Ian Saab, he seems like a goon.

From what I've seen/heard, everyone should be coming except Prab Rai and Ilja Kablukov. I'm sure as the day creeps closer we will have a greater idea, probably around July 2nd/3rd. I know that Ponthus Westerholm is coming (obviously), and I think a goalie.

EDIT:

The goaltender is Karel St. Laurent.

Karel St. Laurent

Goalie

Born Dec 30 1990  -- Ville Ste-Catherine, PQ 

Height 6.04 -- Weight 181 -- Shoots L

Season   Team                        Lge    GP   Min   GA  EN SO   GAA   W   L   T   Svs    Pct

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-09  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL  21   974   53   1  1  3.26   8   5   0   484  0.901

2009-10  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL  25  1392   65   3  2  2.80  17   5   0   597  0.902

2010-11  Surrey Eagles           	BCHL   32  1905   87   0  1  2.74  19  12   1   954  0.916

2010-11  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL   5   305   15   0  0  2.95   4   1   0   137  0.901

--- Regular Season ---  ---- Playoffs ----

Season   Team                        Lge    GP    G    A  Pts  PIM  GP   G   A Pts PIM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2008-09  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL  66    0    0    0    0   4   0   0   0   0

2009-10  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL  68    0    1    1    0  21   0   0   0   0

2010-11  Surrey Eagles           	BCHL   32    0    0    0    4  --  --  --  --  --

2010-11  Saint John Sea Dogs     	QMJHL   5    0    0    0    0  --  --  --  --  --

We also invited Ian Saab, he seems like a goon.

May be a stupid question, but why isn't Rai coming to camp? Is he still injured?

Archived