The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathrik Westerholm Talk

b3.

PATHRIK WESTERHOLM

11353084_440x326.jpg

A skilled offensive player. Has great chemistry with his twin-brother Ponthus. Good hockey sense and is the more noticeable goal scorer of the the two. Passing and shooting game is good and so is his puckhandling. Cycles the puck often with his brother. The question has been raised if he can be a productive player without his twin. (EP 2010)

Twin-brother: Ponthus Westerholm

vcqiaf.png

Their scouting report sounds exactly like the Sedins lol

A skilled offensive player. Has great chemistry with his twin-brother Ponthus. Good hockey sense and is the more noticeable goal scorer of the the two. Passing and shooting game is good and so is his puckhandling. Cycles the puck often with his brother. The question has been raised if he can be a productive player without his twin. (EP 2010)

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13146&lang=en <--Patrik (dank)

Although quite similar to his twin-brother Pathrik, Ponthus usually is the one that sets up the plays. Fine offensive awareness and playmaking ability. Nice hands and protects the puck well, while cycling away with his brother.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13147&lang=en <--Ponthus (Hank)

his twin isn't ranked at all, so he will more than likely be available, in fact we might be able to sign him without drafting him.

lol...looks like that's what MG will do. When does one become a FA? Don't they go back to next year's draft if they aren't picked?

Daniel Sedin:

Internation Jr - 12games, 9goals, 6assists, 15points

Superelit - 30games, 29goals, 17assists, 46points

First season in SEL (1st division) - 45games , 4goals , 9assists , 13points

Pathrik Westerholm:

International Jr - 14games, 5goals, 15assists, 20points

Superelit - 86games, 61goals, 54assists, 105points

Last season in superelit (2010/2011)- 26games, 32goals, 25assists, 57points

First season in Allsvenskan (2nd division)(2010/2011) - 34games ,8goals ,13assists ,21points

Can you see the similarities?

lol...looks like that's what MG will do. When does one become a FA? Don't they go back to next year's draft if they aren't picked?

If I remeber correctly, they were both passed over in last years draft. If that is the case, the twin will be a FA immediately following the 211th pick this year if not selected.

@DarkGhost

Brothers are awesome.

Eric Staal > Jordan Staal > Marc Staal > Jared Staal

Brayden Schenn > Luke Schenn

Tuomo Ruutu > Jarkko Ruutu

Jussi Jokinen > Olli Jokinen

Eric Wellwood > Kyle Wellwood

Then comes the Sutters. I don't even want to talk about them.

Here comes the question.

Sedins? or Staals?

Now go sign Ponthus! :lol:

In all seriousness though, they don't even need to sign him right away if they wanted the twins. I assume they would prefer to be together, so if they ever wanted to sign Pathrik, I assume Ponthus would be happy waiting to see where his brother ended up.

@DarkGhost

Brothers are awesome.

Here comes the question.

Sedins? or Staals?

Jussi and Olli are not related, Eric is not better than Kyle yet same as Brayden and Luke.

And Sedins no doubt, how is that even a question?

@DarkGhost

Brothers are awesome.

Here comes the question.

Sedins? or Staals?

Not always...

Sergei Fedorov > Fedor Fedorov

Paul Kariya > Steve Kariya

Chris Pronger > Sean Pronger

..and we managed to get all of the weaker brothers. :P

But man, this might be the most excited I've ever been over a 6th round pick. Can you imagine two pairs of Swedish Twins in the same organization? They might never play in the NHL but that just blows my mind.

Vancouver's only selection in the 6th round (180th) was Pathrik Westerholm from Malmo of the Swedish Jr. League. A 6'0", 185lbs centre, Westerholm scored eight goals and 13 assists in 34 games this year. He was rated 37th on the final rankings of European skaters by NHL Central Scouting. For what it's worth, he has a twin brother who he plays with. Ponthus Westerholm was undrafted this year, but in 33 games he had 16 goals and 39 assists. Don't be surprised to see the Canucks bring him to training camp in the fall.

“Pathrik is a smart play-making centre with the ability to score,” adds Gilman. “We felt that if we got Pathrik drafted that we’d have a lock on his brother.

This was from Laurence Gilman in Joey Kenward's draft day sum up.

Joey Kenward: Busy draft day on day two

Sounds like the intention is to bring Ponthus over for the Prospects camp and see what they can do there.

Archived