The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathrik Westerholm Talk

b3.

Guest Dasein

I wasn't in any way inferring they would have anywhere near the ability or impact the Sedins had. I was simply explaining a bit about their game and that it was kind of funny they control the puck in that manner.

I'd be very happy if they amounted to a 3rd line version of the Sedins, a semi-psychic pair capable of keeping the puck for awhile but not producing much offense. That would probably be their upper potential, unless they are late bloomers.

My post wasn't replying to your previous one at all, but anyways, yeah I agree. Honestly don't see these kids making it in the NHL, especially as a duo.

Pathrik has a better chance by himself to make the Canucks than with Ponthus.

• 3 months later...

Whatever happened to this guy? No updated stats on hockeydb. Same with Blomstrand.

Pathrik has played 13 games in the Allsvenkan and has collected 4 points.

He has also played 2 games in the SuperElit and had 6 points.

He's the Daniel of the two twins. Okay, well not actually but he is more of a goal scorer compared to Ponthus and normally he plays LW. He can play C also.

Whatever happened to this guy? No updated stats on hockeydb. Same with Blomstrand.

hockeyDB doesn't get up to date stats of euro leagues. you have to go to elite prospects, or some other euro site) for that.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/

blomstrand has 6 points in 13 GP of the SuperElit (junior) team. 4 GP no points in the Elitserien (highest level).

• 4 months later...

Pathrik 2011-2012 stats:

Malmo J20 - 4 goals/12 points in 5 games

Malmo (allvenskan) - 9 points in 43 games (compared to 21 in 34 last year..)

Internationally - 5 points in 8 games

As for Ponthus:

Malmo J20 - 30 points in 25 games

Malmo (Allvenskan) - 0 goals/4 assists in 34 games

Pathrik 2011-2012 stats:

Malmo J20 - 4 goals/12 points in 5 games

Malmo (allvenskan) - 9 points in 43 games (compared to 21 in 34 last year..)

Internationally - 5 points in 8 games

As for Ponthus:

Malmo J20 - 30 points in 25 games

Malmo (Allvenskan) - 0 goals/4 assists in 34 games

Sounds like a major step back. I wonder if Gillis is going to try to get Westerholm over to this side of the pond next year. Anyone know what his contract status is in Sweden?

• 9 months later...

That last exchange was the most action this thread has ever seen. What a bust pick, like so many that have come before and like so Many that will continue to come with Ron Delorme and Stan Smyl around

I agree. These two must be replaced no matter how great a player Smyl was for the Canucks. With all the money that has been invested in scouting and player development, it wont matter if these guys keep telling Gillis to draft bust players.

That last exchange was the most action this thread has ever seen. What a bust pick, like so many that have come before and like so Many that will continue to come with Ron Delorme and Stan Smyl around

Yea no kidding. I can't believe we couldn't draft a superstar in the 6th round...I bet every other team's 6th round picks will pan out.

I say we fire the whole staff and start again.

Westerholm was a Gradin pick by the way. He should be fired too. I mean that guy can't rest on his Edler, Hansen, Lack and Jensen picks forever.

i'm sorry, 6th round picks can become busts now? maybe you were looking for another Bure?

Archived