The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pathrik Westerholm Talk

b3.

the best teams in the Allsvenskan have a chance to promote into the SHL, and the worst teams in the SHL are demoted to the Allsvenskan at the end of each season by way of a relegation tourney. but i'm sure you knew that, since you're willing to discount it so quickly.

it's not that he can't make the SHL, it's that the team that he signed with just happens to be in the Allsvenskan right now, based on the fact that his team is #2 i the league right now, it looks like they might just promote to the SHL at the end of the season

Sure that's like saying the team player "X" just happened to be in the AHL. He's playing where he is because he wasn't in demand in the SEL. I'm sure he has an agent and I'm sure he gets way more salary in the SEL. Where he is now is likely akin to the ECHL. For heavens sake why does every player Vcr drafted have to be the answer to the maidens prayers. There a long list of Vcr propects ahead of this guy. There's no guarantee that if his team goes up they keep him, he may be a proverbial Div 2 player for the rest of his life just like there are players that put up good numbers in the AHL but never get to the NHL

• 3 weeks later...

Sure that's like saying the team player "X" just happened to be in the AHL. He's playing where he is because he wasn't in demand in the SEL. I'm sure he has an agent and I'm sure he gets way more salary in the SEL. Where he is now is likely akin to the ECHL. For heavens sake why does every player Vcr drafted have to be the answer to the maidens prayers. There a long list of Vcr propects ahead of this guy. There's no guarantee that if his team goes up they keep him, he may be a proverbial Div 2 player for the rest of his life just like there are players that put up good numbers in the AHL but never get to the NHL

that's not even close to being the same. there are 12 teams in the SHL, 14 in the Allsvenskan, it's more like he's playing in the "weaker" division, but it's still AHL quality, hell his team could probably beat our farm team right now, quite handedly.

• 7 months later...

Archived