The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

• 2 weeks later...

He never gets points, but plays big minutes, which is encouraging.

Playing big minutes in the SEL is great, giving him some nice experience.

Hopefully he will come over to our AHL team next year and gets adapted to the pro NA game, then we can see what he has got, where he can improve, and what he might project to be.

Hopefully it happens.

Tommernes was a minute muncher again for Frolunda today, as he played 24:58 (no other player had more than 20:49 of ice time) in a 2-1 OT win over powerhouse Skelleftea. He finished with no points, 1 shot on goal and a -1 rating.

At this point, I don't care that Tommernes isn't getting the points. I posted awhile back in this thread that defensemen don't typically put up a ton of points in the SEL and cited Erik Karlsson, whose best offensive output in the SEL was 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) in 45 games, as a prime example. What's encouraging is that he's clearly the #1 defenseman on a solid 6th place Frolunda team and is their go-to guy on the PP. I haven't watched more than a couple Frolunda games this year but from what I've seen the skill is there. He's the kind of player you're almost positive will get the points on the smaller North American ice with better players. I hope he gets a good shot in the AHL next year.

Eliteprospects blurb on Tommernes:

A mobile, offensively skilled defenseman, Tömmernes is a very good skater and playmaker from the back end. Has terrific hockey sense, so his defensive game is solid as well. Often gets his point shots through the traffic in front of the net.

Tommernes had one powerplay assist, no shots, a +1 rating and a team leading 23:32 of ice time for Frolunda today in a 2-1 shootout win over the Vaxjo Lakers. The game marked the end of the Elitserien regular season schedule. Frolunda will advance to the playoffs and will face Lulea HF in the 1st round. Game 1 goes Thursday, March 13.

Henrik Tommernes regular season stats:

54 GP, 5 goals, 11 assists, 16 points, 28 PIMS, -9

At this point, I don't care that Tommernes isn't getting the points. I posted awhile back in this thread that defensemen don't typically put up a ton of points in the SEL and cited Erik Karlsson, whose best offensive output in the SEL was 10 points (5 goals, 5 assists) in 45 games, as a prime example. What's encouraging is that he's clearly the #1 defenseman on a solid 6th place Frolunda team and is their go-to guy on the PP. I haven't watched more than a couple Frolunda games this year but from what I've seen the skill is there. He's the kind of player you're almost positive will get the points on the smaller North American ice with better players. I hope he gets a good shot in the AHL next year.

Same, playing big minutes against pros is very encouraging, he has the skills to have better production later on. Hopefully he does come to the AHL next year.

he's always been an interesting prospect.  you could say he regressed a bit this season but i hope they have a nice long playoff run and he continues to hold down the back end for them. I'm excited to see if he gets the chance to come play in the A.

Same, playing big minutes against pros is very encouraging, he has the skills to have better production later on. Hopefully he does come to the AHL next year.

Yep, to see him being used as their top defenceman and a mainstay on the PP is great to hear. I could see him putting more points than he does right now if he comes over.

Archived