The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Henrik Tommernes | D

b3.

Frolunda lost to Lulea 3-1 in Game 3 on March 15, which gave Lulea the series lead. Tommernes went scoreless and finished with 2 PIMS, 2 shots on goal, 20:40 of ice time and an even rating.

Today, Frolunda evened the series right back up with a 4-3 victory in the 2nd OT period. Tommernes picked up 2 powerplay assists and finished with 1 shot on net, 34:44 of ice time and a -2 rating.

The series is tied 2-2 and Game 5 goes Thursday.

Frolunda lost to Lulea 3-1 in Game 3 on March 15, which gave Lulea the series lead. Tommernes went scoreless and finished with 2 PIMS, 2 shots on goal, 20:40 of ice time and an even rating.

Today, Frolunda evened the series right back up with a 4-3 victory in the 2nd OT period. Tommernes picked up 2 powerplay assists and finished with 1 shot on net, 34:44 of ice time and a -2 rating.

34:44 of ice time and a -2 rating.

thats bloody insane in any leauge.

Nice! Good to see him getting big minutes and performing.

We could have a beauty here. Hopefully him and Andersson can make up a solid, offensive.defensive Swedish duo for us in a few years.

Great to see him being used in such a big role. We have a 2 year window to sign him right? Hopefully he comes over next season.

Actually, I believe the Canucks have to sign him by June 1st of this year, like all other 2011 draftees. That is unless he's still signed with Frolunda. Not sure of his contract status there.

Been following this guy for a bit during the playoffs as watching my MoDo is kinda depressing. I am very excited about this. He is their power play qb and he plays the role very well. Love his skating and hockey sense. This guy is a real gem! hopefully he comes over next season and gives AHL hockey a try.

He has been one of Frölundas most important players at such an early age.

Lulea defeated Frolunda 4-1 in Game 5 yesterday to take a 3-2 series lead. Tommernes went scoreless for Frolunda and finished with a -2 rating, 1 shot on net and 21:59 of ice time. He even registered 2 hits in the game.

Game 6 goes tomorrow.

Frolunda lost 4-2 in Game 6 today. Their season is now over as Lulea takes the series 4 games to 2. On the bright side, Tommernes factored into both goals for Frolunda, scoring one and assisting on the other. He also led the entire team in shots on goals with 6 and finished with a -2 rating and 22:34 of ice time.

Unless he is still signed with Frolunda for next year, I really hope the Canucks waste no time in signing this guy. I've watched a few Frolunda games this year and from the little I've seen Tommernes is absolutely worth an ELC. He'll never be a defensive rock or an all around #1 defenseman but he's a great offensive defenseman with PP quarterbacking capabilities. Brian Rafalski was the comparison I read around and I think it's pretty bang on. Rafalski was never a defensive stud but still ate up a lot of minutes and was a dynamo on the PP for the Devils and Red Wings. That's teh kind of guy Tommernes projects to be. He also seems to be a solid playoff performer, with 4 points in 6 games last year and 5 points in 6 games this year. This is from a defenseman in the SEL, where defensemen never typically rack up the points. Pretty exciting!

I really need to brush up on our secondary prospects... I feel real out of the loop sometimes.

Embarassing

Naw man, I don't even blame you. I work nights and I'm living in Edmonton right now and hardly know anyone so I seem to have a ton of spare time these days to actually watch and read up on guys like Tommernes. If I didn't have so much time on my hands, I probably wouldn't be in the loop either.

Found this mentioned over at HFBoards.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article16486237.ab

It's basically saying that Tommernes is currently in contract negotiations with the Canucks. The Canucks want him to come over right away if possible and are encouraging him to get a work permit. Tommernes is quoted as saying "the NHL is a dream for me".

http://www.aftonblad...icle16486237.ab

It's basically saying that Tommernes is currently in contract negotiations with the Canucks. The Canucks want him to come over right away if possible and are encouraging him to get a work permit. Tommernes is quoted as saying "the NHL is a dream for me".

That would be great.

Having him and Andersson together on a pairing. :bigblush:

The problem is we have too many prospects and not enough spots open on the Wolves.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/internationellt/nhl/article16486237.ab

If we could get him signed this week that would be great! I'm not sure if he plays the left or right side but if he came to North America I think he would have no problem sticking with the Wolves (initial adjustment period aside).

Archived